Glasses!!

Xenoglyph

Do you wear glasses?  

1. 1.

• no.
    • I don't need them, but I wear them cause they look good.
    • Only if I need to read or something.
    • I wear contact lenses.
    • Yes, I only take them off when showering or sleeping.
    • I had laser eye sergery!

This poll is closed to new votes

Wow, it's almost as if people are asexual BECAUSE of glasses, lol. there are so many people who wear glasses here, I just thought that was kind of odd.

I was just joking btw...

Princess Brat

Yes I do, I'm quite near-sighted. I don't use contacts anymore, I can't use the cheapest kind and last time I tried contacts it worked for a few hours durint the day, but then I couldn't see well enough to read anymore. I have astigmatism and my optician wasn't sure I could use them at all, because of that. (I know that people with astigmatism can wear contacts but it was something with mine that made it hard, can't remember what though)

Yup yup. Blind as the proverbial bat, here. I got glasses at 8, bifocals at 12 then contacts at 14, which I wore until I was 24. By then my eyes were so bad that the contacts were agony so I returned to my glasses and got a neato pair of frames, though I do wear contacts for photos--yeah, I'm vain. I don't like how the outer ring of glass catches the reflection of the flash. Beyond that, I like wearing glasses--they go with my librarian lifestyle. :D

Cate

• 4 weeks later...

I wear contacts almost always, although I have two really cute pairs of glasses. I'm legally blind, several times over, so I think glasses are too limiting, and I find them less accurate than contacts. I also don't like that they obscure my eyes, which are normally rather large, so I think I look better without them.

Wow, it's almost as if people are asexual BECAUSE of glasses, lol. there are so many people who wear glasses here, I just thought that was kind of odd.

I was just joking btw...

Or maybe people with glasses see the subject line "glasses" and are more attracted to that poll...

Live R Perfect

I've been trying people's glasses on recently and I've come to the conclusion that they suit me. I'd have to wear fakes though, as my vision is pretty good at the moment.

I wear my glasses. Sometimes even when I sleep. I wouldn't see the dreams without them. Actually I am not so sure if I'd see *anything* without them. Blind as a mole, almost.

deladangerous

I have x-ray vision, and need no glasses. However occasionally I will wear my "reading glasses" to convincingly act out the part of my alter ego.

...Who reads.

*votes 'nope'*

Hey, other styles of seeing than that one known to most of the humans weren't supposed to be talked about, were they? ;)

But anyways, that still means I need glasses. Other styles of seeing are just what they are- other styles. I feel a need to have senses balanced, though- if one doesn't work and something is to help me cope, I'd feel as a fool not to use it. YMMV.

Almost blind as a bat.... 20-20 with glasses, 20-800+ without....

My lenses dont seem too big. They are less than 6mm thick, but my frames are pretty small to begin with. About 1 inch high.

I guess I wear contacts about half the time, though.

Wow, me sorprendí... I didn't know that over 50% wore glasses, lol.

I hate wearing them because now they are making dents on my nose, and ever since my brother sat on them, they have been uncomfortable to wear ever since.

Got mild astigmatism, got shoddy vision from uveitis in my right eye. I can manage without them (I'm not wearing them now!) but I need them for reading and seeing things far away. I've tried contacts, but they haven't really agreed with me...

I voted the second option, 'cause I guess I don't reeeeaallly need them -- I have 20/20 vision, but I also have some eye coordination issues that require a prism and a bifocal. And yeah, my specs just look super cool. 8)

However, if heredity is any indication of what I have to look forward to, I'm gonna end up with coke-bottle trifocals in a decade or so, just like my parents have. Woohoo, can't wait! 8) 8)

-15.75 and minus 19 diopters....this is a person for whom contact lenses and glasses (if I dont take out my driving lens, I must wear hefty reading glasses) mean - EYESIGHT! Like, VISION!

I dont fucking care what my lenses and reading glasses look like -but my sunglasses!

Oooo, am i uberfisher/totallycoolperson in *that* matter!

hmm I couldn't vote for this, but I do wear glasses

I wear them any time I am going anywhere, or watching anything important, but don't wear them next to my computer, and at work I wear them when taking breaks, etc.

If I wear them for any length of time I start getting a headache and its not the prescription since I've had new glasses every few years (and the prescription never really changes either)

Right now I am still searching for a new pair of glasses, but can't find anything I really like. They all look the same and are the lenses are huge now. (the lenses in my glasses are a 43 which is smaller than 90% of the kids frames).

If anyone happens to know of some interesting frames that look good (and different that most frames out there) let me know.

I wear contact lenses because I am severely nearsighted -- my prescription is -9.00 diopters.

My dad's is worse. His is like -14 or -15. (I don't know the .##, just that his vision is ridiculous.)

Me? I wear contacts. Sometimes I wear my glasses, but I'm waiting until I can get a new pair because the ones I have now don't fit, and my little sister will take them as she's lost hers and likes my current frames.

My vision is not corrected to 20/20, but it's fairly close. I'm nearsighted; I can't even begin to try to read the computer screen without corrective lenses.

• 1 month later...

I only wear my glasses when I'm on the computer or in the car. I hate having to wear them; my left eye is so bad that I can't even see the letter chart at the eye doc's, and unfortunatly that's my dominant eye. My right eye is almost perfect. Someday I'm going to bite the bullet and get that surgery done on my left eye.

I wear glasses all the time. My sister just recently got lazer eye surgery! Someday...when I'm rich...who knows

I love my glasses! I think I look horrible without them for some reason. I'm near-sighted, but not terribly. If I forget my glasses at home, which usually doesn't happen, I can survive, I just can't see anything clearly far away, which includes reading the whiteboard in school. I don't take them off for reading up close, though.

I have classes. I paid an extra $240 to have the lens thickness reduced by 40% and they are still about twice as thick as everyone elses.

If I take off my glasses, and outstretch my arm my fingers are blurry.

I blame it on the fact that I had a nightlight that looked like a dog. I liked the dog, so i slept right next to the nightlight. And they say if children don't sleep in compelte darkness they will have poor eyesight.

I never wanted the surgery, but I can't deny that I need it. The guy at walmart told me all about it when I was 16. he said that I was lucky because by the time I was old enough for it, it would be much cheaper. And my vision has gotten worse since then.

Ur Triple A, if your fingers are blurry at the end of your arm without your lens/glasses, lazer surgery aint gonna help-

it's good for folk with eyesight between minus4 & minus9 diopters (and doesnt always work within that band either - can cancel your night vision for instance.)

You got blurry fingers, you're round about -10.

I cant even *see* my fingers at the end of my hands...

Do you have really good spatial memory too? And hearing?

(These are the pluses of being a high myope.)

Cheers-

Ur Triple A, if your fingers are blurry at the end of your arm without your lens/glasses, lazer surgery aint gonna help-

it's good for folk with eyesight between minus4 & minus9 diopters (and doesnt always work within that band either - can cancel your night vision for instance.)

You got blurry fingers, you're round about -10.

I cant even *see* my fingers at the end of my hands...

Do you have really good spatial memory too? And hearing?

(These are the pluses of being a high myope.)

Cheers-

I've been told that I have ears like a bat. I thought I failed my one hearing test because three times I didn't press the clicker when I heard a beep. I was about to ask the guy to take it again when he said I had the best hearing he'd ever tested.

Not sure about the spatial memory though.

#3A - I'd take a small bet that you dont have to remember where you put things like shoes, intimate belongings, stuff you really care about,

and that it doesnt matter whether it is daylight or dark when you go to grab these things...also, that dark doesnt faze you as much as it does fully sighted people *if* there's any kind of emergency.(Spatial memory has all kinds of pluses- know where to pick up certain flowers? Ever 'just laid my hand on it"?)

And yeah, ears like a bat, that's me too. I can hear people's hearts beating in a quiet room-

O, is the quote from "Dibs, in search of himself'? Havent got a copy here-

#3A - I'd take a small bet that you dont have to remember where you put things like shoes, intimate belongings, stuff you really care about,

and that it doesnt matter whether it is daylight or dark when you go to grab these things...also, that dark doesnt faze you as much as it does fully sighted people *if* there's any kind of emergency.(Spatial memory has all kinds of pluses- know where to pick up certain flowers? Ever 'just laid my hand on it"?)

And yeah, ears like a bat, that's me too. I can hear people's hearts beating in a quiet room-

O, is the quote from "Dibs, in search of himself'? Havent got a copy here-

Depends. If I am thinking about where I put it, I'll never find it. If I am dong something else and reach out, its there.

I do a lot of things in the dark, or without my glasses. The only one that gives me trouble is hitting the buttons on the microwave in complete darkness. The last time, I did hit all of the right buttons, but I am usually a row off.

Also, if I am not in the same position I usually am in front of the keyboard/cashregister, I can't find the right keys to press. I move pver two inches and I don't have a problem.

Moonsparrow(what a lovely name!) -nah, not a lot-

I still legally drive (*with lenses*!)

Maybe this should scare quite a lot of other people!

Cheers-

Archived