Glasses!!

Xenoglyph

Do you wear glasses?  

1. 1.

• no.
    • I don't need them, but I wear them cause they look good.
    • Only if I need to read or something.
    • I wear contact lenses.
    • Yes, I only take them off when showering or sleeping.
    • I had laser eye sergery!

This poll is closed to new votes

I wear glasses. I wear them all the time. My eyesight is soooo horrible that one of my eyes is off the charts! (You know that big E, if I didn't know that was an E already, I wouldn't be able to tell what it is.)

So with glasses, my eyesight is like 23/20 & 25/20 but without it's more like 260/20 & 767/20.

The Evil Cashew

well none of htose actually suited me but i said the yes on

i only have to wear them for tv, or to see things far away.. but since i HATE seeing things blurry i pretty much wear them all the time when i am out. when i am at home its just for tv - which in never watch

~Cashew

I take my glasses off for reading, but keep them on most of the time otherwise. I sometimes remove them when talking to people up close, or in meetings.

sorta like what cash said. I wear mine when I give presentations or when I am driving at night

I wear contact lenses because I am severely nearsighted -- my prescription is -9.00 diopters. I do have glasses, which I wear in the morning before I leave for work, and in the evening after I take out my contacts. However, I am reluctant to wear my glasses in public because they are half-an-inch thick at the outer lower corners.

(I answered "contact lenses" to the poll.)

I'm with Xenoglyph on the big E.

I've had glasses since I was about four years old, and my vision just keeps getting worse- nearsightedness and astigmatism, so they've got me coming and going. I don't know my prescription, but I know it's bad. I tried contacts once and couldn't function, and decided I wasn't vain enough to put myself through that much inconvenience.

Yeah, back in pre-school they gave me a medical eye patch. the theory was that if I only look out of my bad eye then it would grow and adapt better, since Iwas still growing. It didn't work too well, lol.

artistic_trees

I have yet to personally meet someone with glasses thicker than mine, though I know there are people. My "ultra-thin" brand lenses are approximately 1 cm thick.

I wear glasses all the time, and if I didn't need them, I would probably wear them anyway. They are like a fashion accessory that most people don’t get to wear. Plus they hide the bags under your eyes during college finals week.

I wear mine when I'm reading. So when i'm on the comp...and when I'm uni. That's pretty much all day.

I don't wear them if I'm going for a walk though. It makes me all weird.

I hate those boards when the letters gett smaller.

I sit there leaning forward going 'it's either an H or an M'

Then I look with the other eye... 'Oh...it's a T'

I hate that. I used to be so good at them. I used to ENJOY going until they gave me glasses.

Aahah I just went nuts.

I left a cd on, thinking it had finished, then I heard these sounds. It's got a hidden track XD

Lady Heartilly

I do indeed. My mom always makes me take them off when I get my picture taken though so it's rather deceiving to people I talk to online who have only seen my picture.

I wear contacts, which I almost never take out (I know, I know, that's bad :roll: ). I, too, would not be able to read any of the letters on the chart (including the big ol' E), except for the fact that I have them all memorized from years of optometry. It kinda freaked my doctor a couple years ago when I could rattle off the whole chart but couldn't tell her what her eye color was. :D

:D

I have lenses and glasses and wear them randomly. It depends on my mood and the clothes I wear. And the clothes depend on my mood, so..... it depends on my mood.

At this moment my parrot tells me to put my glasses of, she is pulling it till they fall. :D Maybe she is just jealous :lol:

I do indeed. My mom always makes me take them off when I get my picture taken though so it's rather deceiving to people I talk to online who have only seen my picture.

My mom does the same, she says it is so they don't reflect. Honestly I kinda think it's cool if you can get a neat reflection in them for a photo.

My mom does the same, she says it is so they don't reflect. Honestly I kinda think it's cool if you can get a neat reflection in them for a photo.

Unless the reflection makes you look cross-eyed, as in one of my more horrible high school ID photos.

Vicious Trollop

I wear mine almost all day. If something's right in front of me -- if I'm on Lappy or reading a book -- I usually take them off. I have a pair of half-broken glasses with an old prescription I use to lay down and watch TV. I like the way I look in glasses better; I could never switch to contacts.

I do wear glasses. I'm short sighted. I wear them whenever I'm out of the house. I have a nose that isn't suited to glasses and they can cause me quite a bit of discomfort, so I take them off as soon as i get home.

I don't need them, but I don't like not being able to read signs or see peoples faces.

I'm not sure which option fits me best though, so I haven't voted yet.

Yeah, back in pre-school they gave me a medical eye patch. the theory was that if I only look out of my bad eye then it would grow and adapt better, since Iwas still growing. It didn't work too well, lol.

I have amblyopia (lazy eye) too. When I was in grade school, I was given an eye patch to cover up my good eye. I hated it so much and didn't get to wear it past two weeks. My left eye has a high refractive error (astigmatism). I can see out-of-shape images reflecting off the cornea when I observe it in front of a mirror. My left eye is practically useless.

I'm a glasses wearin' person too. I have contacts but never wear them 'cause I don't like my face. But I looooove my glasses.

I wear mine pretty much all the time. My sight without them isn't too bad ( I mean I'm not bumping into lampposts or anything) but I like my life in sharp focus.

I have amblyopia (lazy eye) too. When I was in grade school, I was given an eye patch to cover up my good eye. I hated it so much and didn't get to wear it past two weeks. My left eye has a high refractive error (astigmatism). I can see out-of-shape images reflecting off the cornea when I observe it in front of a mirror. My left eye is practically useless.

My left eye isn't that bad. It's just slightly more closed than my right eye. You probably wouldn't notice it unless I told you. but it's because my eye is squished in my socket more than normal. But yeah, people always think I look sleepy or something because it looks like my eyes are always half-shut.

I've worn the same glasses for around fifteen years or so. I have to wear them all the time, in order to see anything. They need to be replaced, because they're falling apart and the lenses are badly scratched. I'll get around to getting new ones, someday.

Can't afford to get prescription glasses so I've been relying on a succession of increasingly more powerful $10 glasses with the magnifying lenses (the weaker ones for the computer and high-strength ones for reading). Try to avoid wearing them at other times as they make the floor appear to be rearing up with each step (so often have both pairs perched on top of my head which makes me look even more demented than usual).

My distant vision is near perfect, but I need glasses for close work. I made the mistake of ordering varifocals last time, why is this a mistake? Because the area for reading is at the bottom of the lense - fine when you're reading a book but gives you terrible neckache when using a computer.

I wear 'em all the time. I'm at like 500/20 or something like that. I can't clearly see more than about 6". Though I still walk into walls even with them on...I think that's more of being really bad at knowing how fast to take a corner, though. The only time I don't wear them is when my contacts are in for skiing (glasses fog) or if I'm sleeping/showering. I even keep them on to change.

XD My mom makes me do that too. She also makes me get all dressy for every picture. I'm like "are you even going to know what I really look like in 15 years?"

Archived