The AVEN Admod Team is expanding (more elections)!

Kelly

butterflydreams

I will definitely be navigati-troning my way into this somehow :)

Sage Raven Domino

^^ Thanks for the explanation about JFF!

Excuse my curiosity, but my another question is why ithaca hasn't been moved to WW, resulting in yet another A/Ro election :D That would be quite natural, taking into account both her background as the unofficial archivist and the close results of the A/Ro election that has just ended. This of course doesn't matter much, as mods can swap positions anyway after the upcoming election cycle ends. (I mean, the two previous WW elections have shown how uneager people are to deal with the archives, and Ith seems one of the few who don't mind it.)

the bumbling rotifer

^^ Thanks for the explanation about JFF!

Excuse my curiosity, but my another question is why ithaca hasn't been moved to WW, resulting in yet another A/Ro election :D That would be quite natural, taking into account both her background as the unofficial archivist and the close results of the A/Ro election that has just ended. This of course doesn't matter much, as mods can swap positions anyway after the upcoming election cycle ends. (I mean, the two previous WW elections have shown how uneager people are to deal with the archives, and Ith seems one of the few who don't mind it.)

ithaca may correct me on this, but I believe it's because she is already working on archiving the older threads. The archiving in World Watch is fine when it's shared between two people, but it might be a bit too much for even ithaca to handle on her own :p.

Doing the archives in WW isn't an unpleasant job; I'm only letting it go because I've found that I don't have as much free, non-brain frazzled time to devote to it as I thought I'd have.

Am using this space to thank all the mods, admins, and project people on AVEN for donating their time so that people like me can post acerbic comments whenever we want, and read other peoples' acerbic comments. This is a great place!

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Ricecream-man

Am using this space to thank all the mods, admins, and project people on AVEN for donating their time so that people like me can post acerbic comments whenever we want, and read other peoples' acerbic comments. This is a great place!

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Ditto on this. Granted I've been stepping away from a lot of the intense forums lately.

Hmm... If the voting ends after my 6 months of being an AVEN member... I'm definitely interested. :)

So glad to read you're staying on Steph, I'm sure you'll be great in Welcome :) .

When I think how I was shouted down when they were intent on REDUCING the number of mods and I was against it...but hey ho.

Sage Raven Domino

Hmm... If the voting ends after my 6 months of being an AVEN member... I'm definitely interested. :)

Alas you can't run this time because the second pair of elections ends on June 7 (as far as I understand), so only those who created an AVEN account not later than on December 7, 2014, can run. If the second pair starts later than on the first Wednesday (May 20) after the first one ends, then you'll be able to run, but I'm not sure if the admod team can reschedule it ad hominem.

P.S. I forgot to say how happy I am with that Steph has decided to stay on the team! :cake:

Alas you can't run this time because the second pair of elections ends on June 7 (as far as I understand), so only those who created an AVEN account not later than on December 7, 2014, can run. If the second pair starts later than on the first Wednesday (May 20) after the first one ends, then you'll be able to run, but I'm not sure if the admod team can reschedule it ad hominem.

I'm confused... members who are allowed to run have to be here for 6 months right? May 12 would I officially be a member for 6 months.

Edit: Ohhhhhhhhh, nevermind. I'm thinking November for some reason... aww.

Actually 6 months from December 11th would be June 11th, not May 11th.

Haha, yeah, that's why I edited it. I was thinking November.

I'm glad we get to vote for more awesome mods, it was so hard to choose from the previous election.

Sage Raven Domino

Yeah, the lineups in all the 4 elections are gonna be really strong :)

• 2 weeks later...

After that election is complete, two more Moderator elections will be started, specifically one for co-Mod of Just For Fun/Arcade, and one for Census and Sexual Partners, Friends and Allies forums (the last two together are for one position).

And one more!

The next election (starting 20 May) will have the two offices above plus one more:

Moderator of Philosophy, Politics and Science, and Announcements forums.

CosineTheCat

Wow! Even more elections after JJF and census/spfa? wow!

atg4e.jpg

These 3 will run together :)

JFF Co-Mod

SPFA and Census

PPS and Announcements

When I think how I was shouted down when they were intent on REDUCING the number of mods and I was against it...but hey ho.

I remember when we reduced, and part of the reason for it was that I really wanted Welcome in addition to SPFA and Census. It worked out okay for me (and I hope the team too)...I was really happy to get to mod those forums for two and a half years. :)

Archived