Crash Course

tm1775

I am very new to the asexual orientation. I am a sexual male and my new gf is questioning if she is asexual or gray sexual, as well as possibly aromantic.

I could really use advice from sexuals and asexuals who are in successful mixed relationships.

A little background: I am older by wuite a bit than my gf and divorced. I can have a high sex drive, but understand a relationship for me is more about emotional connection than physical.

She has told me she enjoys kissing and at times it has brought on sexual feelings. But she also told me she felt repulsed when she kissed her last bf.

What can I do to hopefully prevent that from happening with me? What can I do to be supportive?

We have been open about this subject since it was brought up,and I have noticed she is a little more open about other things as well. I think we can honestly and openly talk about it with each other.

Any advice to help me through a crash course would be greatly appreciated.

Show tons of respect, triplecheck consent/ comfort, don't lament (even nonverbally) about your needs? Give her room & keep her happy?

There seems no magic way to turn asexuals around, but obviously its easier to turn them off, compared to others who might have more own urges to compromize within the physical parts of a rrelationship.

Archived