Binding for larger chests?

Aeone

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for some advice on binding; I've been absolutely cursed with a ridiculous 32E (UK) chest and I hate it. I know I'm never, ever going to get it completely flat without surgery (which I'm considering in the far future), but I'd be ecstatic to be able to do SOMETHING about it. I know there must be other people with the same issue around here somewhere?

I've been looking at binders for a couple of years and never brought myself to buy one because I'm worried they'll do absolutely nothing or cause me too much pain to deal with. With my ridiculous chest, I'm happy if I can get a binder that flattens me out enough to pass as male when coupled with maybe a few baggy tops/a large hoodie - I'm not going for super slimming tops!

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been eyeing up the underworks ultimate binder, anyone have experience with this vs larger chests? Also is the packaging discreet? (very important, can't let my parents know about it yet). Also in regards to underworks, is their 'f2m' site basically the same as their usual site, only aimed towards ftm people and is the payment safe, packaging discreet etc.

Or if there's something you think is better than underworks, please please let me know, I'm desperate!

Pricy, but good:

http://www.titlenine.com/product/313801.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn#.VTQq3CcyqqQ

I'm not sure how UK sizes compare to American sizes.

You can tell your parents you're getting a sports bra for working out.

I think the first question would have to be how you are built everywhere else..

@ Bus Totem "how are you built everywhere else?"

The OP said 32 so that's small everywhere else? I'm in 34H and I'm relatively small everywhere except the chest, so 32 is yeah quite tiny in the ribcage etc.

in reply to OP

I'd think maaaybe and expensive corset? chest binders from what I've seen are designed for normal-sized breasts, but expensive corsets (I mean real corsets, especially made for your body by a professional) hold a LOT more. They hold the breasts up instead of squishing them downwards .. if you could lace it really tight right to the top (instead of loosening the threads to create shape) then wear a baggy shirt over the top, maybe it'd look more uniformly flat? these things are made out from metal bones, so whatever is laced in will stay in, not like a basic regular binder.

However

I personally think tight binding of any sort for larger breasts is extremely unhealthy. When tissue gets squished, it gets damaged, and damaged tissue has a higher chance of becoming cancerous, and big breasts have a looot of tussue. I'd say unless your breasts are causing you so much emotional pain that it is literally unbearable to live with, then you'd be safer just wearing a well fitted minimising (yeah I know they don't really minimise much when you're above a D) bra and clothes that don't show too much off, and waiting until you can get the surgery. To me, having a flat chest is not worth the risk of tissue damage and possible cancer (not so much an issue in smaller breasted people but people with large breasts have a lot more tissue to crush)

There are also exercises you can do that specifically target the chest to help make it smaller, but honestly I was a 32F at 16 and I was a total exercise junkie. nothing I ever did ever made them smaller (I'd be able to get them a couple of sizes smaller now though I think, maybe back down to an F if I worked really hard - I have a little extra weight after having children) but if you're already tiny-framed exercises don't do much.

Certified Cake Decorator

I have a velcro mesh jersey (jersey velcro mesh? Mesh jersey velcro?)

From Lesloveboat.com and it is not good for smaller chests, but it was originally intended for large chests and the reviews for the large sizes are great! I think it would be great for a large chest, but it is also over $40 so kinda pricey

I checked out that gc2b binder, by Their measurements the OP would be an XS in the rib cage, but a XL+ in the chest, meaning that the binder would either hang off their shoulders and back, or fit their shoulders and back but never contain their breasts in any way. The thing when you have very large breasts on a small frame is, NOTHING fits in the traditional ways. like the Aah Bra, you are meant to shop your top size for the perfect fitting bra and it says "it will fit you perfectly just shop your top size" well anyone who ever managed to get extra large breasts into an extra small Aah bra would have to be a magician because honestly it's impossible (I tried haha) that binder seems to be working by the same principle as the Aah Bra.. Once you're tiny bodied with over a D cup, all those basic sizing charts (small body=small breasts, big body=big breasts) goes out the door.

Maybe if there is anyone here who actually has an E plus cup on a tiny/small frame (it's different when the frame is larger, it's easier to balance it out, but the OP is around an extra small ribcage, with an extra large+ bust) who has found a binder that works, they could share what worked for them?

Honestly unless you are someone who has a small frame with huge breasts (large frame and huge breasts is different, I'm talking an extra small body and XXL breasts) it's really difficult to understand how impossible it can be to get into things made for people with more balanced frames (knowing this from trying to discuss Aah Bra sizings with people lol) .. they are like "just by an XXL it'll fit you" but the thing is, it hangs off your back and shoulders so badly that you look completely distorted, have no support, and get one huge squished boob like a camel hump in the middle of your chest lol.

Certified Cake Decorator

Thats why i think the jersey mesh is so good,

It covers a whooooole lot, an even hangs a bit over your belly! It is useless for me, but i think it would be good for someone with more to cover, and the size is by measurement around the....nipples.... So it cant be too tight. Also the top fits super snug so even if it seems like the shoulders might be too big it wont be. They are thick straps and they are kinda not flexible actually. So they wont be like the ah bra where they fall off.

And it has velcro so you can make it tighter or looser when you want.

Idk though, maybe just check out the reviews?

yeah I checked out the reviews quickly and I saw someone saying it wasn't really good if you're over a D cup, BUT I was on my phone and it seemed to be adding in other random reviews into the ones I was trying to read (like, there would randomly be reviews for other binders, and for little floppy penises and things D:) so yeah maybe if the OP looks on the computer, the results will be more reliable and better organised.

Granted, I'm not quite as "well endowed" as the OP, but my experience with binders is that they help. They may not hide completely, but they help, and sometimes that's all you need to get you through the day.

To answer some of the other questions: most binder places ship in VERY discreet ways. Check the reviews for whatever you're getting, but most will ship under, for example, a company name of "Simple Solutions" and be just a white envelope or box. It's like the sex toy industry; they know you don't want room mates / family members knowing :P

I'd recommend binders. They are a great temporary solution to disphoria, and can even be good longer term solutions. Give it a go. If you are very financially strapped too, certain areas have "recycling" programs for binders where post op FTMs donate their old binders for the use by those who can't afford their own. Give it a google, maybe in an incognito tab, where no one will see/ be able to trace you. But let us know if you want more help :)

I am similarly sized to OP (32 DD/E (US) last time I checked) and I bind pretty much every day. I have a medium underworks ultimate chest binder tank (that I wear underneath a cheap one from Amazon <which you should never do because it's probably really bad to double bind, but I think the underworks one might be a little too big for me and the amazon one is adjustable, so... that is what I do)

it came in very discrete packaging-- I think it was just a normal post office flat-rate envelope thing. Also I'm just realizing that they have a specific ftm website... I ordered from the normal one apparently :P (but they're the same product)

It doesn't get me completely flat, but I think that underneath button up shirts or other layers it sort of works. Here it is with just a plain t-shirt on top:
tumblr_nn4uh2Y4Ca1tyhkhpo1_500.jpg

Yeah, so not completely flat, but much better than before :P

I have also ordered a gc2b binder which should be here in a few days. I've heard really good things about gc2b, especially for larger chested people. I'm also excited because the one I ordered is a half-binder, so hopefully it'll be cooler for the summer! I'll let you know how it works when it gets here :)

I would recommend looking around the internet for reviews by people with a similar body shape to yours-- maybe go on tumblr and search for the specific binder you're looking at. A lot of people post reviews and pictures there.

Aand, if you have any other questions, I'd be more than happy to try to answer them!

Also, one more thing: regarding dash's post about the title nine bra-- it is a sports bra, not a binder. I own one of them for working out in, and it definitely does not compress. It is, however, one of the only things that I can actually run in :/

nerdperson777

I also advocate getting a binder from gc2b, even though I'm not sure how well they work on larger chests. After wearing a gc2b binder I realized how much room my Underworks Tri-Top had. And about the packaging, it is discrete. No matter where I've ordered from (gc2b, Underworks), the packaging doesn't flaunt "Look I'm a binder!" It's just the stuff you want in a plastic bag (in a Priority Mail envelope). In fact, when I ordered from Underworks, the bill even said it was from "Simple Solutions" so my mom didn't know what I bought from there for $36.74. My mom bought my gc2b binders so I'm not sure how that looks like on the bill.

Archived