cuddle vs make out

KevCo

A large amount of people here would relate somehow to "sex" to describe a wide range of physical and emotional topics other than intercourse. I would like to better understand what people mean by some of these acts. I would like to know how people would differentiate cuddling from making out. Would making out be a more aggressive act that combines cuddling and kissing?

For me, cuddling is JUST cuddling. No kissing etc. Making out is kissing, and grabby hands in areas where hands usually don't go while in a public setting.

Cuddling is just holding eachother, maybe a few kisses here and there but making out is lots of kissing and maybe some hands in areas involved

For me, Cuddling is holding one another. Just sit/lay together. Totally non-sexual. Its like a longer version of hugging :)

Making out on the other hand, from my perspective is just extreme kissing. Nasty.

Squirrel Combat

I think I could enjoy a little of both.

CupofCoffee

For me, making out is...kissing for long periods of time (sometimes with tongue) and have hands moving (on the other person's body). Cuddling is just sitting together and being close. :) (No kissing or anything like that).

• 3 weeks later...
Kuromi Akumura

what would you guys call the difference between passionate kissing and making out? i been told passionate kissing doesn't have any sexual intentions/touching and no french kissing O.o

what would you guys call the difference between passionate kissing and making out? i been told passionate kissing doesn't have any sexual intentions/touching and no french kissing O.o

A passionate kiss for me can be short, but intense. Doesn't need to include tongue or be long. Making out is passionate kissing for extended periods of time. Doesn't need to include hands roaming into "private areas". And cuddling is .. just cuddling, laying together/holding each other.

TheLycanthrope

Well I don't really want either, but if I had to choose I would prefer a cuddle over a make-out. A make-out establishes a connection between the two people that has the potential to get very awkward while a cuddle can be played off and not cause (as much) awkwardness.
Making out is DEFINETLY the more aggressive of the two. Usually involves tongue, being in one another's grasp, some saliva, almost sucking faces etc. Just describing it makes me feel. . . weird. Seeing people do it is even weirder ew no!!!

Kuromi Akumura

A passionate kiss for me can be short, but intense. Doesn't need to include tongue or be long. Making out is passionate kissing for extended periods of time. Doesn't need to include hands roaming into "private areas". And cuddling is .. just cuddling, laying together/holding each other.

oki i understand ^^ thanks!

For me, Cuddling is holding one another. Just sit/lay together. Totally non-sexual. Its like a longer version of hugging :)

Exactly this. Cuddling is hugging, spooning. You touch with the other person, but just to hold. And it doesn't lead to anything sexual. That's the key point for me: minimum touching, maximum safety. ^_^

Even if you don't kiss the other person (gross!), you know when it's making out because there is a lot of touching and you realize that at some point you will have to stop.

Hellcat67

Are both sensual activities? So you could in theory look at someone and want to make out (no sex) and still be ace? (This stems from a conversation I had earlier about defining sensual acts)

Are both sensual activities? So you could in theory look at someone and want to make out (no sex) and still be ace? (This stems from a conversation I had earlier about defining sensual acts)

Yeah, making out doesn't have to be sexual, depending on how you define it. :)

Steph Ace

I know some people describe kissing as sex, I don't.

Topless cuddling I don't define as sex (even when I'm holding my partners breasts/ armpit as the big spoon, they make for easy grabbing holds :P)

Grinding/ manual masturbation/ beyond I do define as sex. Once you involve lower genitals I would consider it as such.

allrightalready

for me cuddling involves adjacent touching whether seated or lying together. it can include skin to skin contact but it qualifies as sex if genitals or breasts are being touched. also i don't even hug people i don't feel safe with.

making out is a heavy kissing session and can include petting but too far into that is sex and for me at least only with someone i already am close to and who i trust

Archived