Not interested in sex but don't want to be alone

Wond3rgurl95

Wond3rgurl95

Since I don't have anyone in my personal life to talk about this stuff with I figured this would be the best place to do so. I hope that's okay. So I have been in a relationship for a year now and have while we have sex, I have known for a while that I I'm not interested in sex I've just never known why until I read about asexuals. I always felt like I was just choosing to be that way and that I could change if I wanted to but I guess that's not entirely true. Intercourse is like a chore to me, I have no desire for it and have to talk myself into it every time purely because I'm afraid of hurting/loosing my boyfriend. I know it's something that he needs and wants but it certainly isn't something that I want. I've felt like if I loose my boyfriend that I have now I will never have anyone and I think that scares me. That fear of being alone. The worst part is, none of my friends would ever understand how I feel which makes me already feel alone.

Thanks for reading

Autumn Season

Hi, Wond3rgurl95 and welcome to AVEN! :cake: I hope, you like cake. ^^

I believe that many people in this forum feel like you. Some write about their relationship with their sexual partner. For some it works out, for others it doesn't. Personally I tried to date a person, who was highly interested in sex (with me) and that was a huge turn off for me. So in the end I decided to search for somebody who feels the same regarding sexual activities or at least very similar. I'm planning to visit the local Ace meet-ups, get to know people and maybe find a friend or even a lover. There are also some dating sites for asexuals you might want to check out. They are listed somewhere here on AVEN, just forgot where exactly. xD

That's that. However in my opinion you are never alone, as long as you have good friends and a caring family (and tons of cats to top it off ;)). Depends on the definiton of "alone", I guess.

Hello, and welcome to AVEN!! :cake: :cake:

Even though I have no personal experience with being in a sexual relationship, many members of this site have. Your story to one that I'm sure a lot of people on the forums will be able to relate to, so you are definitely not alone in that respect.

I don't really feel qualified to give advice on your situtation (and it looks like the others above me have already given some advice already), so I'll just wish you the best of luck in your relationship, and welcome you again to the site. I hope you enjoy being a member here and becoming part of this awesome community! :)

When I was scrolling the new posts, I thought this was one I had posted! I can totally agree with your title. I actually did have sexual relationships, most not healthy, for many years, until I quit drinking. Guess what? I don't like sex. Go figure. However, I still want a relationship. Now what? The singles web sites are just not for me. I even tried singles with handicaps but all of it seems to be about sex.

I hope you can find what you are looking for in a group like this. I'm tired of labels and people saying there's something wrong with you if you aren't with someone. I'm discovering that there are many shades of gender, too many to categorize and that's the way it should be.

Wond3rgurl95

Thanks for all of your lovely replies. It's good to know that I'm not alone and there's other people out there that feel the same way I do. It's actually quiet reassuring. As You mentioned Amoeba,I hope too attend some local ace meet ups and get a chance to meet people that I can relate too.

Hi and welcome to AVEN! As you can see, you are definitely not alone, and there are people here who can relate to your feelings. I hope you enjoy being part of this awesome and very supportive community!!! :)

axuCTiR.jpg?1

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for your intro! I've not had any experience in relationships, but as you can see, there are others here that can relate and give you advice. : ) Maybe you could check out the Asexual Relationships section of the forum, too? You'll probably find lots of helpful posts there. Best wishes, and I hope you enjoy being a member! You're not alone~

Gooey-chocolate-cake-001.jpg

Archived