Asexual Headcanons

nerdsbianknight

EngineeRaven
6 minutes ago, Masterman said:

Yeah, they are celibate in the canon rather than asexual. But this thread is about headcanon, so we're forcing the truth a bit in order to get a bit of representation. And in my mind, I chose to think that at least Luke, Rey and Obi-Wan are asexual for real. As in, if Obi-Wan had left the Order and married Satine, they still wouldn't have sex in my mind. Makes me happier than the alternative ^_^

Fair enough! ^_^ Ace!Luke is a great headcanon, in my opinion. I mean, he's so socially awkward in general,  especially around women. Him being an ace is so much more realistic than the not-canon-anymore having sex with a ghost trapped in a computer. (That was one of the most wtf moments of my chidhood. Like... what the actual heck.)

Yes, I must admit I'm not fond at all of Legends. They were very "WTF", as you describe them. I'm glad the new canon still allows for an ace Luke.

Also, commenting on other suggestions I've read, yes, Elsa should totally be ace, but you know who else? Merida, from Brave. She could totally be one. That's my least favorite Pixar film, but I was very glad for its position towards pairings.

Newt Scamander, obviously, marries, but some aces do, so he can still be on the spectrum. Data from TNG kind of is, and Odo from DS9 was a confirmed asexual, until he wasn't.

21 hours ago, Curi said:

Peridot from Steven Universe.

This is absolutely brilliant.

1 hour ago, AceEllie said:

This is absolutely brilliant.

That episode where Peridot and Garnett talked about fusion hit me hard. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've never commented on anything on AVEN before. Just recently getting back into my account.

But I'd love to share a few of my favorite ace headcanons! :D

Kakashi from Naruto. Even though he loves those romance novels, he hasn't shown any interest in women. Even in the newer series, he's still happily single and not paired off like a lot of the characters were. It gives me hope for myself!

Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars. Despite the Jedi Order being celibate in general, he's definitely ace imo. Some of the young adult novels showed him not really getting intimate relationships as a teen & seeing them as no different from his love & admiration for Qui-Gon.

Noctis Lucis Caelum from FFXV (my icon gave that away...)  Never had a gf. Loves Luna, but not in the way that comes off as romantic/sexual. He doesn't really get the flirtatious behavior of his friends around girls either.

Bronztrooper

Ooh, this thread seems interesting.

Ruby Rose from RWBY: Since the beginning of the series, almost all of the main characters have been shown having an interest in other characters except Ruby (Jaune was interested in Weiss, Weiss was interested in Neptune, Yang is interested in guys in general, Blake is interested in Sun, Nora is interested in Ren, and Pyrrha is interested in Jaune).  Arguably the second episode could imply that Ruby may have been interested in Jaune, but there hasn't been any real instances afterwards to support that.  She's much more interested in reading and weapons than in dating and honestly, hasn't shown any obvious interest in anyone (not that there weren't moments that could be seen that way, but still).

Lie Ren (also) from RWBY:  Like Ruby, Ren hasn't been shown to have any interest in other characters.  He's also pretty much oblivious to Nora's interest in him for a good amount of the series despite the 2 of them knowing each other for so long.

@Aream

What about Satine and Obi-Wan?

13 hours ago, Aream said:

Kakashi from Naruto. Even though he loves those romance novels, he hasn't shown any interest in women. Even in the newer series, he's still happily single and not paired off like a lot of the characters were. It gives me hope for myself!

I totally dig this headcanon! It's makes a lot of sense to me.

Of course, there are a few others in this thread that I totally agree with:

Shiro from Voltron. He seems so dad to me. I cannot see him being sexually involved with anyone. But I could definitely see some romantic or platonic relations happening.

Pidge from Voltron. I see her being platonically being involved with folks, but not sexually. 

Nick from Hot Fuzz. This works so well!!! I just makes so much sense. Forget headcanon, it's canon in my heart.

Charlie from Harry Potter. Of course.

Here are a couple of my own headcanons [if they were mentioned already, I must have missed them]:

Miles Edgeworth from the Ace Attorney games. I definitely headcanon him as on the ace-spectrum. I think demi or gray would be fitting for him. Possibly panromantic? 

Midousuji Akira from Yowamushi Pedal. This character literally has no interest in men or women and only wants to achieve his goals. Additionally, he's constantly referring to people as "gross" so I'm getting some sex repulsed vibes as well. He is precious to me.

Master Chief, John from the Halo games and books. Okay bear with me here, I know in the games you're obviously playing Master Chief, but in the books John's personality is explored a little more, and he was never interested in anyone, nor did he get involved with anyone. He has always been more focused on the task at hand. 

Okay those are a few that I could think of off the top of my head, so I apologize for the rambling mess!!

On 20.3.2018 at 4:42 AM, Curi said:

Peridot from Steven Universe.

3bdcb9eece0acbcb1c0ce363d587dc28.png 

This picture makes me so happy, I'll post it wherever I can

Come to think of it, Peridot is the only clearly asexual character I can think of. Man, I'm bored with romantic subplots.

Ace the Goat

I headcanon Charlie Weasley as asexual from hp and Pidge from Voltron Legendary Defenders

InfinitysGrace

My absolute favorite ace headcanon is definitely Sombra from Overwatch. She's a purple hacker with invisibility powers, and makes fun of everything, and

everyone just because she can.

bf706531-6588-4cb8-b220-d49a91584319-108

Truely she is an ace icon

EngineeRaven

@InfinitysGrace Whoa, I didn't even think about that! But true, she's kind of the "information over dicks" kind of character. :D

I'm not familiar with that character, but I'm almost convinced. She's literally colored like an ace flag, and the invisibility is almost an asexual power :lol:

I don't have any personal headcanons but eh, I just might search for some now.

Btw, I've seen Pidge as Ace/Aro in a lot of fic but I would have liked some explanations actually. Like, if we compare her to Lance or Matt, I totally get it. Hunk appears quite innocent but I definitely ship him romantically with Shay. But well, Pidge doesn't appear MORE disinterested than Keith or Shiro on the matter to me, so why ?  (I find this headcannon really cool, just trying to understand it)

Btw, I live for your headcannon of Luna Lovegood. I can totally imagine her as Panromantic Ace and that's so cool.

And I agree with an Aro/Ace Peridot, or at least Ace cos I ship her a bit with Lapis.

Celyn: The Lutening

Hey, random question @Leilamy who's your avatar? Because I like, and it looks weirdly like RL me.

It's Pidge Gunderson from Voltron actually x')    The one I'm asking about :3

Celyn: The Lutening

Ah OK...not a fandom I looked at much but that will have to change!

I have always headcannoned(?) Mei and Winston in Overwatch in a platonic life relationship.

Likewise, I've always shipped Pharah and Mercy in a more motherly/daughter relationship.

Regards,

Rosendust

Ms. Carolynne
17 minutes ago, Rosendust said:

I have always headcannoned(?) Mei and Winston in Overwatch in a platonic life relationship.

Likewise, I've always shipped Pharah and Mercy in a more motherly/daughter relationship.

Regards,

Rosendust

But you've seen the memes right?

Pharah and Mercy are CLEARLY a lesbian couple who mother D Va, with Soldier 76 as her biological father. It's basically canon.

I'm sorry, I've heard of some really weird Overwatch fan-fic...

On April 21, 2018 at 10:31 AM, G1P0 said:

But you've seen the memes right?

Pharah and Mercy are CLEARLY a lesbian couple who mother D Va, with Soldier 76 as her biological father. It's basically canon.

I'm sorry, I've heard of some really weird Overwatch fan-fic...

That I have, but I think it's up to the individual fan to make there own headcannons, no matter how unpopular they may seem! :P

Regards,

Rosendust 

The Gnat (Natalie)
On 5/13/2015 at 10:07 PM, EmotionalAndroid said:

Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters and Wilhelm from Borderlands The Pre-Sequel.

I hadn't thought about Egon, but he's my son and I love him, and I definitely support this headcannon. There's  pretty good contingent that thinks Abby from the new Ghostbusters is ace too :) 

I've gone on about it in a previous ace character headcanon thread, but Rantaro Amami from New Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony  is very aro/ace to me. I mean, come on, the guy's love hotel scene in the game is entirely platonic. You have to stretch very far to interpret it as sexual. And he says certain titles are too romantic for him (i.e Traveler).

EngineeRaven

I don't agree with the Pharah x Mercy one, probs because I'm a die-hard Gency and McPharah shipper.

But yeah, I always shipped Winston with Athena, which must be an ace relationship, I mean, I don't wanna be discriminative against apes and AI's, but neither is known to have sexual feelings towards the other. :D

InfinitysGrace
11 hours ago, MaeveTheRaven said:

I don't agree with the Pharah x Mercy one, probs because I'm a die-hard Gency and McPharah shipper.

But yeah, I always shipped Winston with Athena, which must be an ace relationship, I mean, I don't wanna be discriminative against apes and AI's, but neither is known to have sexual feelings towards the other. :D

OMG ANOTHER GENCY SHIPPER :D:D:D

I have another headcanon.

Mantis from Guardians of the Galaxy could possibly be asexual. Or maybe she's just too naive to understand about this, but in any case the result is similar.

EngineeRaven
29 minutes ago, Masterman said:

I have another headcanon.

Mantis from Guardians of the Galaxy could possibly be asexual. Or maybe she's just too naive to understand about this, but in any case the result is similar.

She, and maybe Drax? I mean he had a wife, but when Mantis asked him if he was attracted to her, he was like 'hell no, you're ugly'.

Bronztrooper

Lately I've been starting to think that Merrill from Dragon Age 2 might be a biromantic asexual.  She's pretty clueless about a good amount of innuendos yet she is still interested in learning about 'dirty' stuff.  There's even a convo with another character (Anders) who comments on her looking through his grimoire and she says that she was looking for 'dirty spells' while his reaction is basically along the lines of "WTF".

It could be argued that she's simply not mature enough to understand attraction and stuff like that, but there are plenty of moments where she can come off as one of the more mature characters in the game, so idk.

16 hours ago, MaeveTheRaven said:

She, and maybe Drax? I mean he had a wife, but when Mantis asked him if he was attracted to her, he was like 'hell no, you're ugly'.

They have a great platonic relationship, but I don't think Drax is asexual. It's not just because he had a wife and daughter, but because his race is actually very open about sex. He even talks about his parents' intimate relationships without any taboos and calls it "beautiful".

Archived