Interviewees needed for a study on non-binary gender identities

Notte stellata

Notte stellata
Hello,
My name is Megan Nolan. I am a Master’s of Social Work student at the University of Washington, Tacoma. I am conducting a qualitative research study on non-binary gender identities for my research course. I am currently seeking participants to interview for this project.
Participants must be over the age of 18 and identify with a non-binary gender identity. For the purposes of this study non-binary does not include FtM or MtF. Individuals who are transitioning/have transitioned but do not identify as male or female in terms of gender can also participate. I am specifically looking for individuals who identify and/or express their gender outside of the male/female gender binary regardless of physical sex.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype. If participants live in the Tacoma/Seattle area there is an option for an in person interview. All participants have the option of a Skype interview and the option of remaining anonymous.
If you are interested in being interviewed for this research please contact me by email at nolanm@uw.edu. All interested participants will be given a consent form, sample questions, and the opportunity to ask questions about the project before being asked to commit to the project. You also have the right to quit the project at any time for any reason.
Non-binary gender identity is very under researched topic. With this study I hope to inspire others in my field to further research this topic and hopefully find better ways to serve clients who identify with a non-binary gender identity.
Again if you have any questions you can reach me by email at nolanm@uw.edu.
Thank you,
Megan Nolan

This study has been approved by the AVEN Project Team.

starrynight
Project Team

My wife doesn't fit the binary, but she has severe social anxiety, so a Skype interview is completely out of the question. If these were simply questions that could be answered at her own pace when she is able to, that'd be a different story.

Notte stellata

You can email the researcher and ask if alternative interview methods are possible.

That is great that people are studying non-binary genders. :cake: to Megan.

Certified Cake Decorator

I emailed in asking about if an anon person would still need to do a skype interview. I'll let you all know what answer i get back

Certified Cake Decorator

Ok i emailed and she said that she is only taking the audio from the skype interview so that she can type it up later and then the video and audio will be destroyed

So if you are concerned about being on video megan is the only or that is going to see it ever from what i understand

Sage Raven Domino

Don't forget that Skype calls can be made without video... which also saves the bandwidth and makes the connection stabler :)

Archived