Asexual Men Musings

You guys are lucky, growing up all my friends where hypersexual

• Like 1
On 8/4/2019 at 2:49 AM, Bronztrooper said:

Sex ed is very broken from a 'standardized' perspective.  90% of the time, it's assumed that everyone going through the class is straight (and if they aren't, oh well, they'll have to figure it out on their own), and half of that 90% just repeats the tired "abstinence is best/no sex until marriage" BS that comes straight from the Church.  But of course, whenever adding info about other orientations, suddenly it's "they're kids, they're too young to be hearing about that stuff".

Sometimes I think our society as a whole needs a major overhaul...

I have to agree, when I was in highschool sex Ed was very lacking, highschool sex ed, students are old enough to understand that different orientations exist and yeah, my school taught "dont have sex" instead of. Practice safe sex. And they never taught the boys about condoms. And to be honest being ace I felt very broken and out of place there because they dont educate that there are some people who dont desire sex

• Like 1
Bronztrooper
1 hour ago, Arodash said:

My dad is fairly hypersexual, though he doesn't go into detail about his 'experiences'.

I've had to deal with him asking me if I've seen and 'cute girls' at school/work for years- you'd think that at some point he'd take a hint about my lack of answers (I'm out to him, but he isn't convinced).

I have to agree, when I was in highschool sex Ed was very lacking, highschool sex ed, students are old enough to understand that different orientations exist and yeah, my school taught "dont have sex" instead of. Practice safe sex. And they never taught the boys about condoms. And to be honest being ace I felt very broken and out of place there because they dont educate that there are some people who dont desire sex

Sex ed for me was split between health class (which was basically teaching about pregnancy and general anatomy) and actual sex ed.  The actual class itself taught about STDs and birth control before eventually falling back to the old "Abstinence is best" rhetoric.  Other than that, not much else was even hinted at, let alone actually brought up.

• Like 1
Anthracite_Impreza
2 hours ago, Arodash said:

I did mechanics at college with a bunch of teenage lads; you can imagine how that went.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, daveb said:

Nope

I'm older than you, but even when I was younger it was not something discussed in the circles I was in. (they were very small circles of fellow nerds though, so maybe that makes a difference)

It may be hard to believe that when our homeroom class was hanging out in the hall way it wasn't brought up ('75-'79).

That being said, a classmate told me years later that during our four year attending school, that he knew of four girls that had abortions. I probably knew who they were but didnt ask as it wasn't any of my business.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Arodash said:

No mention of orientations for me in '77/'78. All I knew of were straight or 

Spoiler

queer

I didn't know what the proper terminology was at the time. Nothing was ever discussed other than this is what males and females do to create a baby.

19 hours ago, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

Am I really the only person here who's outside AVEN social life never involves discussing each other's sex lives? 😳 

The most that I say about mine is that it’s about as alive as Disney is broke. Most that I hear from my friends is that I don’t want to hear what they could say and that they thing that me being asexual is a phase.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

The most that I say about mine is that it’s about as alive as Disney is broke. Most that I hear from my friends is that I don’t want to hear what they could say and that they thing that me being asexual is a phase.

I had no idea Plagueis was Ace, did you know your apprentice picked some kid who whines about sand as his apprentice?

• Like 1
Just now, Arodash said:

I had no idea Plagueis was Ace, did you know your apprenticd picked some kid who whines about sand as his apprentice?

Spoiler

It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

No I did not...

• Like 3
Just now, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

No I did not...

Yeah sorry. Also he kind of... you know. Killed you in your sleep, sorry about that bro.

Just now, Arodash said:

Yeah sorry. Also he kind of... you know. Killed you in your sleep, sorry about that bro.

It’s fine, I’ll still get the last laugh in the end!

Just now, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

It’s fine, I’ll still get the last laugh in the end!

Well at least you arent some super built up bad guy who gets killed while chilling in his chair buy darth vader wannabe. XD

• Like 1

Well at least you arent some super built up bad guy who gets killed while chilling in his chair buy darth vader wannabe. XD

I typed buy. Instead of by. Not going to edit because my absolute lack of proof reading is funny

One of my teachers this year has a policy of yelling at all boys to stay seated when the bell rings until all of the girls has left the classroom. Today when one guy tried standing up he got told “hey don’t stalk the ladies!” by the teacher. I am glad that it is my last class of the day because that could easily screw me over if my classes were in the set up that they were last year. Two classes of mine last year were on opposite sides of the school and I barely got to the second class before the late bell rang (if you enter afterwards you are counted as tardy and after a certain amount of time you get detentions) when I went straight to that class without stopping to talk to anyone or do anything. I’m not going to say that this is the same extent of problems as what some of the women on other channels have talked about, but this is still something that feels wrong to me.

8 minutes ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

One of my teachers this year has a policy of yelling at all boys to stay seated when the bell rings until all of the girls has left the classroom. Today when one guy tried standing up he got told “hey don’t stalk the ladies!” by the teacher. I am glad that it is my last class of the day because that could easily screw me over if my classes were in the set up that they were last year. Two classes of mine last year were on opposite sides of the school and I barely got to the second class before the late bell rang (if you enter afterwards you are counted as tardy and after a certain amount of time you get detentions) when I went straight to that class without stopping to talk to anyone or do anything. I’m not going to say that this is the same extent of problems as what some of the women on other channels have talked about, but this is still something that feels wrong to me.

This is very wrong and Incredibly sexist I would bring it up to your guidance counselor that you feel offended by this policy everyone should be treated the same the fact that they are basically accusing you of doing something strictly because your email is utterly ridiculous

@Darth Plagueis the Wise That sounds like something from early Twentieth Century Ontario. In those days the big elementary schools in towns and cities had separate boys and girls entrances even though they went to the same classes :blink: .

You can see the stone engravings above the doors in those schools still standing.

3 hours ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

Wow...that’s some Kinshiro Morooka (Persona 4) level stuff right there. Nowadays, I’d just be like, “**** off,” and leave if someone tried to do that to me. If I faced retribution, I’d bring it up to school authorities and make a huge stink about it. That’s definitely sexism if I’ve ever heard it.

• Like 1

Okay so guys I have a question. Idk if this is an ace thing, a sex repulsed thing. But am I the only who, honestly, feels sick if a woman says lude things? Such as

Spoiler

"I am so wet"

I also feel this way when men use similar terms when relaying info about their stuff

@Arodash I can't recall any females ever telling me that but I'm sure I'd be thinking 'That's TMI!"

• Like 2

I can't find the post from yesterday but a male felt guilty/shamed or didn't that he was male because of the behaviour of other males.

I wonder if this is because of the media and/or society portraying males in a bad light?

Spoiler

Yes SOME males are assholes, just look at the wife beaters, rapists and pedophiles.

But does that mean it's open season on all members of the gender?

I feel no shame or guilt in the fact that I'm a guy.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, will123 said:

I can't find the post from yesterday but a male felt guilty/shamed or didn't that he was male because of the behaviour of other males.

I wonder if this is because of the media and/or society portraying males in a bad light?

Reveal hidden contents

Yes SOME males are assholes, just look at the wife beaters, rapists and pedophiles.

But does that mean it's open season on all members of the gender?

I feel no shame or guilt in the fact that I'm a guy.

The behavior of other people is no fault of our own, all people are responsible for their own actions. Especially in this modern world, should never feel guilty or shameful for the way you where created. Theres bad people all over the place, and it doesnt depend on gender

• Like 5
56 minutes ago, Arodash said:

The behavior of other people is no fault of our own, all people are responsible for their own actions. Especially in this modern world, should never feel guilty or shameful for the way you where created. Theres bad people all over the place, and it doesnt depend on gender

Exactly! Not all men are pigs...

• Like 1

@Arodash, that basically would be an invite. Such comments wouldn't cause revulsion, but probably wouldn't get the expect response 

1 hour ago, will123 said:

"Media" and "society" just happen to rank high on the list of people's favourite scapegoats.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Homer van Simpsegem said:

"Media" and "society" just happen to rank high on the list of people's favourite scapegoats.

This is true the media and our society are convienient scapegoats.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, will123 said:

Exactly! Not all men are pigs...

Well not all women are B**** to put a blanket statement over anyone is biggoted. View and judge people for their own individual actions not the actions of others

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Arodash said:

Okay so guys I have a question. Idk if this is an ace thing, a sex repulsed thing. But am I the only who, honestly, feels sick if a woman says lude things? Such as

Reveal hidden contents

"I am so wet"

I also feel this way when men use similar terms when relaying info about their stuff

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. Like guys saying they want to [rude word for sex] a girl is different to the saying they have a [anatomical change happening]; not that many do the latter, but I've certainly heard it... maybe just as banter, but still!

I've never heard a woman say that exact thing, but that would be repulsive to me to hear. Like her saying "I'm horny" or frankly even "wanna [rude word for sex]?" is fine with me. Just not the one you quoted 🤮

1 minute ago, Iam9man said:

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. Like guys saying they want to [rude word for sex] a girl is different to the saying they have a [anatomical change happening]; not that many do the latter, but I've certainly heard it... maybe just as banter, but still!

I've never heard a woman say that exact thing, but that would be repulsive to me to hear. Like her saying "I'm horny" or frankly even "wanna [rude word for sex]?" is fine with me. Just not the one you quoted 🤮

Oh Ive heard it and. God it made me uncomfortable

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Arodash said:

This is true the media and our society are convienient scapegoats.

In the UK we also have "the metropolitan elite" which largely refers to people with OK jobs 🙄

• Like 1