Asexual Men Musings

@Bronztrooper

I think asexuals should stay away from kissing. I was on the other side of the coin in my sad event. I thought a kiss would be a nice way to thank her for a wonderful week with her. Boy was I( wrong!

I posted this elsewhere last year:

In '98 I was out in Calgary visiting for a week, a female friend that had moved west 10 years before. Other than a couple days visiting her in '95 on a cross country trek, I hadn't spent much time with her. Well the week had gone well and we'd had a lot of fun. She drove me out to the airport and we were standing there hugging, wishing each other good luck. Well I thought it would be a good idea to kiss her on the lips.

"What was that for?" she asked.

I was crushed. I didn't mean it in a sexual or romantic way, but I had had such a good time, I thought it would be way to show her my appreciation for the accommodations and showing me around. I think I said something like I was thanking her for the great week. I don't recall her response (if she had one). It sure cast a cloud on my thoughts of the trip.

Well, a kiss on the lips is different from a peck on the cheek. Maybe it's just me, but a kiss on the lips sounds like a romantic gesture, possibly even sexual in the sense of future expectations it conjures up. Anyway, I'm not a kisser so I wouldn't run into the conundrum.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, daveb said:

Well, a kiss on the lips is different from a peck on the cheek. Maybe it's just me, but a kiss on the lips sounds like a romantic gesture, possibly even sexual in the sense of future expectations it conjures up. Anyway, I'm not a kisser so I wouldn't run into the conundrum.

Thanks for the memo :P LOL

11 minutes ago, will123 said:

Thanks for the memo :P LOL

Sorry.

Maybe there are cultural differences, too. :) 

7 minutes ago, daveb said:

Sorry.

Maybe there are cultural differences, too. :) 

No, looking back I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. My excitement about the vacation put me in a situation where I was in over my head. 

A person that had more experience with females would've known better than to act like I did.

• Like 1
On 2/20/2018 at 8:32 AM, TheLastOfSheila said:

JMichael, one of the best posts that I have read on this forum so far.  Thank you for this.

Ditto. Thank you for sharing this.

I kinda dislike having testicles. I mean I don't hate them it's just that they are rather cumbersome and inconvenient.

• Like 3

Second that, all they do is hurt when a cat lands on them, and cause hair to grow where I don't want it, and not to grow where I do want it 

• Like 2

I kind of third that. The only thing I can think of on the plus side is that they prevent osteoporosis at least to some extent.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Second that, all they do is hurt when a cat lands on them, and cause hair to grow where I don't want it, and not to grow where I do want it 

True 'dat!

20 minutes ago, timewarp said:

I kind of third that. The only thing I can think of on the plus side is that they prevent osteoporosis at least to some extent.

Thanks for adding that. I was pretty sure there was as medical reason(s) against removing them from those of us (not planning on procreating) where they are useless.

I guess my dislike of them and my penis is when I'm wearing lycra shorts or tights while cycling. They're uncomfortable unless you 'adjust' them. In this respect, I'm kind of jealous of females when they bike.

• Like 2

I'd never trade mine. It's pretty practical when you're on the road and nature is calling :) My nuts are useless though, but their existence doesn't bother me.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Homer said:

I'd never trade mine. It's pretty practical when you're on the road and nature is calling :)

Yes, but your testicles don't really provide that benefit, it'the other part of your 'equipment' that does LOL

2 minutes ago, will123 said:

Yes, but your testicles don't really provide that benefit, it'the other part of your 'equipment' that does LOL

Yup, but you were talking about that other part in your last paragraph and that's where I picked up :D I'm happy to report that I know the difference :D

• Like 3

I got nothing against my penis as I don't wear lycra but yeah, if I could survive without testicles I would.

• Like 3

Well, you can easily survive. In fact it likely increases your life expectation. But there are specific health issues (osteoporosis being one of them) coming with it, which is why it is usually discouraged.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yup, but you were talking about that other part in your last paragraph and that's where I picked up :D I'm happy to report that I know the difference :D

Thumbs up!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Homer said:

I'd never trade mine. It's pretty practical when you're on the road and nature is calling :) My nuts are useless though, but their existence doesn't bother me.

When I was first on AVEN I saw 'nullo' mentioned. Not knowing the term, I Googled it. To say (as a male) I was alarmed at the images is an understatement.

Divide By Zero

* joins the club * Yeah, testicles can be annoying and awkward. Even worse, you can get cancer in them and I think it's one of the more common forms of cancer in men. I once had to get a testicular cancer screening done and it was definitely not fun.

On the other hand, from what I understand, testicles are necessary because they produce hormones and other chemicals the body needs to function properly.

• Like 2

I remember seeing a documentary where farmers castrated their goats by putting rubber bands around the goat's ballsack. They cut off the bloodflow and the sack would just fall off eventually. Not trying to give anyone ideas here though :lol:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Homer said:

I remember seeing a documentary where farmers castrated their goats by putting rubber bands around the goat's ballsack. They cut off the bloodflow and the sack would just fall off eventually. Not trying to give anyone ideas here though :lol:

You're just opening up AVEN for a lawsuit.

Some dumbass will read that put the elastic around his penis and will be upset when it falls off.

(You know how every consumer item is covered with 'lawyer labels', I mean warnings...)

• Like 2

Sadly, for reasons mentioned above my testicles are necessary. I guess if they could meet me half way and not be awkward hurt or produce seamen I would be OK with them. I mean seriously if any other part of the body sees no demand for what it's producing it stops producing it, but testicles? Nope testicles just make MORE seamen whether I want it or not.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ben8884 said:

I guess if they could meet me half way and not be awkward hurt or produce seamen I would be OK with them. 

That's the best spellchecker Freudian slip of the week :D:D

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Skycaptain said:

A bit of naval gazing?

• Like 4

Hahahaha! Actually if I had children who grew up to be in the Navy would that be accurate? 😂

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

I was wondering what was up with the seamen spelling.

• Like 1
verymelancholic

Anyone ever been the target of being shamed that you have a small penis even if they never saw it but keep bothering you about it? It makes me hate penises more and more.

EDIT: I'm not saying I really have a small one, it's average the least.

• Like 4

Havent been in situation like that but with my twisted sense of humor id just smile and say thats right and then list lots of reasons why its awesome to have small penis. Ignore the negative and just play along with the "joke"

positives, it wont bulge in pants, wont be in a uncomfortable angle, easy to pee while sitting, less trouble if aroused when not wanted. why woulndt you want a small penis as asexual :)

• Like 7
Skycaptain

Might have been a problem in the days of endowment mortgages :P:P

Seriously though, secondary school with communal showers after games lessons wasn't fun, teenagers being teenagers there was teasing. I lack of virilisation also meant no pubertal laryngeal development in my case, amongst other things. 

verymelancholic
1 hour ago, Urishir said:

Havent been in situation like that but with my twisted sense of humor id just smile and say thats right and then list lots of reasons why its awesome to have small penis. Ignore the negative and just play along with the "joke"

positives, it wont bulge in pants, wont be in a uncomfortable angle, easy to pee while sitting, less trouble if aroused when not wanted. why woulndt you want a small penis as asexual :)

Yeah, I just play along but it gets annoying at times.

I won't go into details (you can probably figure it out!), but as I was a very early bloomer in school, the communal changing room experience was... unpleasant. Let's just say that the 'size teasing' goes both ways.