Asexual Men Musings

19 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

With her looks there's no way she has any trouble getting dates. 

Assuming she's an interesting person, I'd probably have examined whether I'm interested in developing a friendship.

Am I the only one who knows that? "Whoa, [person] is 'aesthetically pleasing', I'd like to get to know them to see if they could be a friend?"

• Like 2
divided_sky
On 4/21/2017 at 6:14 PM, shocky2002 said:

She told me I was seeing an old, close family friend. 

Told the girl the truth before leaving of course. Not sure if she believed it but I don't care. With her looks there's no way she has any trouble getting dates. 

At least you explained yourself. Attractive people having feelings too though. You don't know anything about her, how do you assume she's getting dates? I don't know I've been on horribly awkward dates where I just wanted to go back home and get into bed, but I could at least stay and finish the meal and treat the person with some level of respect.

Can't we accept some form of common curteousy where, unless she is like actively combative with you or just being super unpleasant, where we agree that "ok, this doesn't feel like anything, and honestly, not the pllace i want to be right now". Just sit there, be nice, have a little boring conversation, eat quickly, and you can both leave on the same level, nobody getting walked out on and possibly taking that very hard. I don't think that's unreasonable. You just suck it up and do it because straight up walking out on someone who is nice and friendly and thought they were going onto an actual date is mean. You can suffer some boring conversation, quickly eat the meal, no desserts, get the check, bye.. You both come away without either of you potentially crushing someone innocent's feelings.

• Like 1
On 23/09/2015 at 7:12 AM, Dawg4280 said:

Just curious. Does anyone else wish they had a smaller penis? Lol

This is strange that I happened to find this post. From the age of about 5 I remember wishing that my penis was smaller. I still do

9 hours ago, andy33 said:

This is strange that I happened to find this post. From the age of about 5 I remember wishing that my penis was smaller. I still do

How interesting. May I ask your penis size? Being slightly (and I mean slightly:P) above average, I've always been satisfied with my size.

56 minutes ago, Tja said:

How interesting. May I ask your penis size? Being slightly (and I mean slightly:P) above average, I've always been satisfied with my size.

Only on an Asexual forum would I not be offended by this question! I think I would be slightly below average. It's more when clothed that I don't like any visual outline to be seen.

• Like 2
NickTheWriter

Hey, how do you guys cope when your guy friends start talking "sex and titties" when your pretty sex repulsed? I feel like it's just "Yup, I sure do know about the sex thing..."

9 hours ago, NickTheWriter said:

Hey, how do you guys cope when your guy friends start talking "sex and titties" when your pretty sex repulsed? I feel like it's just "Yup, I sure do know about the sex thing..."

My friends generally don't talk about that kind of thing thankfully. Seeing as we are all computer nerds, we tend to talk about computers or anime.

StrandedX02
16 hours ago, NickTheWriter said:

I'd consider myself more sex-indifferent than sex-repulsed, but honestly this kind of thing is why I basically don't have male friends at all. When I did, there was so much emphasis placed on hooking up or just objectifying women, and I always felt very put off by the whole thing.

I recently read City of Thieves for a book club, and one of the main characters is like that - at least 50% of his dialogue is about the women he's had sex with, wanting to have sex, or needling the narrator about what he should do to have sex with the various women they encounter. While that was obviously on the extreme end, it just reminded me of so many of the guys I have known in real life and left a very bad taste in my mouth. I think the intent was for that character to be comic relief, but I didn't find it funny at all! Ha.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, shocky2002 said:

Sex is so ingrained in our culture that dudes can become suicidal if they can't "satisfy" a woman. Wtf

I'd say that those dudes have some different issues which are not related to their sexual abilities; even if that might be the spot where it shows.

• Like 6
Real Estate RICO
On 5/1/2017 at 5:29 PM, NickTheWriter said:

A dark look and a "will you stop?" usually get the job done for me..

• Like 1
Adam_Jensen
On 2/5/2017 at 0:29 AM, NickTheWriter said:

Honestly I find it pathetic when I see grown ass men talk like a bunch of horny teenagers.I simply just ignore them or change the subject.

• Like 1

I mostly just avoided having male friends.  No, really.  I wasn't interested in faking anything, nor did I care to be "accommodated" for.

Unfortunately, this was something that has tarnished my ability to relate to others, and I feel like it's potentially a big part of the reason I ended up identifying closest to heteroromantic, when in reality I don't think I ultimately care that much what sex/gender an established romantic partner is.  It's just that, since I'm also demi, I'm far less likely to develop the required connection with a male in the first place.  To add to the tarnishing factor, all of this is something I tend to blame the male sex for (for being the repulsive "macho" type like what you describe), not myself.

• Like 2

I didn't try it on with the new girl at work. Some guy in the office was staring at me then asked me very sincerely if I am a chronic masturbator. 

This world 

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Ammonite said:

I didn't try it on with the new girl at work. Some guy in the office was staring at me then asked me very sincerely if I am a chronic masturbator. 

This world 

It is amazing how stupid some people can be. Romance within the workforce only leads to problems. I don't understand why the odd person thinks it is a good idea. Then again, we are talking about the same person who is blunt enough to ask something as personal as the question of "chronic masturbation".

51 minutes ago, Ammonite said:

This world 

I find this unreasonably hilarious :D

Skycaptain

How would you define a chronic masturbator anyway?? 

*Insert gag about traffic warden who's given you a ticket or football referee who's made a contentious decision in favour of the opposition here *

MyWorldIsBlu
9 hours ago, Ammonite said:

This world 

😔😑😪

• Like 2
On 4/10/2017 at 9:53 PM, MyWorldIsBlu said:

I have more male friends than I do female, however, I do not feel like I fit in with anyone.  

Same

Squirrel Combat

I've started to question my orientation a little recently. I think I'm still heteroromantic, but I do kinda want to bang Hailey and such. Maybe it's just a fantasy and it won't happen, but I sure like the thoughts.

Mind you, this is ONLY with her. I really don't experience this with anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...
Slartibartfast
On 5/1/2017 at 5:29 PM, NickTheWriter said:

Simple: I have few male friends. It never really clicked for me why, until I started becoming more honest with myself about my own sexuality. I just knew I preferred the company of women. Of course looking back now it's pretty obvious why...

• Like 2
On 05/02/2017 at 7:29 AM, NickTheWriter said:

Hey, how do you guys cope when your guy friends start talking "sex and titties".

When I was younger and didn't know I was asexual. I used to pretend to understand sexual men when they would talk about women, but always felt uncomfortable about it. Partly because I didn't want them to think I'm gay. I just wanted to fit in with my friends. Sorry about the double post having issues with my tablet.

• Like 2
TheFatDrake

Most of my close friends are gay and they know I'm ace so there's rarely any talk of sex. One friend did complain about being "Cock blocked" and I just found it kinda pathetic that his evening was completely ruined.

That is one awesome URL :D

• Like 3

I go to parties / clubs with some of my co-workers on most fridays. Most of them always try to talk to girls while I'm just there, having fun dancing on my own :D

So last friday something happened that was so GOD DAMN weird for me. A girl that was dancing a fair quite of distance away from me, suddenly started to grind on me. One of my friends saw this, looked at me and tried to communicate something like "Do it!" to me (since I was just standing there, trying my best to not let any body parts touch).
I just slowly and awkwardly walked away from this situation xD

• Like 4

Not about asexuality but an interesting article on how sexual society thinks men should be. 

"The majority of men described social pressures they regularly faced to appear to have a high interest in sex."

How Masculinity Is Stifling Men's Sexual Desire

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/myths-desire/201706/how-masculinity-is-stifling-mens-sexual-desire

• Like 4
Autumn Season

This reminds me of when a straight guy-friend with an (according to him) high sex-drive complained that he was afraid his gf would leave him if he didn't "perform".