Report on MoriartyRoolz

Kelly

1. 1. What action should be taken?

• Get Sherlock
    • Get Scotland Yard
    • Get John
    • Get pizza

This was reported. It is about a post by MoriartyRoolz and it appears to insult SherlockedFan. She posted the following:

As a citizen of this country, which I believe in and which I have seen SherlockedFan tear apart, I must seek some structure in which the cacophony introduced by SherlockedFan's pleas might be systematized, reconciled, and made rational. If you disagree with my claim that SherlockedFan's hypnopompic insights are a threat to the freedoms enjoyed by all free citizens of the world, then read no further. She should not evoke a misdirected response to genuine unresolved grievances. Not now, not ever. When I hear her janissaries parrot the party linethat we'll be moved by some heartfelt words on the glories of presentismI see them not as people but as machines. The appropriate noises are coming out of their larynges, but their brains are not involved as they would be if they were thinking about how when a child first learns to draw in a coloring book, he or she has no patience for lines and boundaries and so the crayon is spread evenly across the page. I am afraid that SherlockedFan's rank-and-file followers have succumbed to this temptation by spreading SherlockedFan's scabrous wisecracks throughout society. I contend we must combat this costive effort by letting everyone know that SherlockedFan uses big words like nondeterministic to make herself sound important. For that matter, benevolent Nature has equipped another puny creature, the skunk, with a means of making itself seem important, too. Although SherlockedFan's beliefs may reek like a skunk, by preventing people from seeing that the real problem is the complexity of a changing national and world economy, SherlockedFan's subordinates can delegitimize our belief systems and replace them with a counter-hegemony that seeks to confuse the catastrophic power of state fascism with the repression of an authoritarian government in our minds. I don't think anyone questions that. But did you know that temulent muttonheads often act with a mob mentality? I have one final message for you before ending this letter: SherlockedFan, serving as judge, jury, and executioner, has decreed that her vices are the only true virtues.

SherlockedFan would have us believe that she has an absolute right to be intolerant in the name of tolerance. To be honest, she has never actually said that explicitly, but if you follow her logicwhat little there isyou'll see that this is her real point. She might have been in a lethargic state of autointoxication when she said that no one is smart enough to see through her transparent lies. More likely, perhaps, is that our freedom to deal with the relevant facts is not merely something desirable in theory. This freedom must be protected and promoted by actionsand not just wordsif we are to clear the cobwebs out of people's heads and help them understand that some of the things SherlockedFan says and some of the things she stands for are so fatuitous, it hurts to think about them. We must start by acknowledging that if SherlockedFan can one day fuel the censorship-and-intolerance crowd then the long descent into night is sure to follow. Unfortunately, I can already see the response to this post. Someone, possibly SherlockedFan herself or one of her peons, will write a mentally deficient piece about how utterly sappy I am. If that's the case, then so be it. What I just wrote sorely needed to be written.

Discuss

I'm really more a fan of sushi. Dynamite rolls anyone?

littlepersonparadox

Scotland yard can deal with this one. THEN we reward ourselves with pizza for doing a good pawning off hard work.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I'll fly this trip, who wants to be co-pilot?

littlepersonparadox

I'll fly this trip, who wants to be co-pilot?

I'll co-pilot i need to get out of this Canadian weather.

I have warned MoriartyRoolz and updated the list. We can close the thread now.

Archived