Efficiency drive

michaeld

You know, we've often said that things happen too inefficiently around here. We should free ourselves of the bureaucratic rules that slow us down. I'll start with my own suggestion: something I've been mulling over for a while.

When a report comes up, we STILL waste time not only linking the post that was reported, but sometimes we even read and (gosh) even quote the damn thing. What a waste of time this is. Everyone knows that we just vote based on whether we like the look of the name anyway, or how we're feeling that day. Why the hell should what the post says actually be relevant anyway? Who do these members think they are, making these posts, getting reported AND then expecting us to read the damn thing before voting on action. Geesh.

Another concern I've long had is that the Terms of Service is posted in full open view for everyone to see. I think Augustine said it best here: "to those who understand no explanation is necessary; to those that don't, none is possible". So why do we waste our time with it?

For that matter, should we even be able to read and post in the main forum anyway? Think of what we could accomplish if we didn't waste all that time consorting with Hoi Polloi. I'm sure we could double our cake consumption, for one thing.

Anyone else got suggestions for the redtape that we should freeing ourselves of?

I would suggest that we use dice from now on. Let them decide the fate of any issue.

dd-dice.jpg

Notte stellata

Elections are too inefficient. One day should be more than enough for Q&A, because we all know the candidate who posts the cutest cat pics will win.

Elections are too inefficient. One day should be more than enough for Q&A, because we all know the candidate who posts the cutest cat pics will win.

Be careful. I think we need two days at least: don't forget we need to meet in secret to decide the winner, before we can get round to manipulating the votes.

Using dice to decide warnings is all well and good, but elections?? We'd have to get die with a face for every candidate. Could our budget handle the strain? Also we could only have 4, 6, 8, 12 or 20 candidates from now on in any election if we use platonic solids.

Rolling dice would be easier. ;)

Game of Life anyone?

littlepersonparadox

We could rule all ideas based on if the poster has the letter of the month in their name.

We could rule all ideas based on if the poster has the letter of the month in their name.

Oh come, now you're just being silly. That would just encourage everyone to change their name to thequickbrownfoxjumpedoverthelazysleepingdogs. Geeze... don't you think any of these things through before posting??

Oh come, now you're just being silly. That would just encourage everyone to change their name to thequickbrownfoxjumpedoverthelazysleepingdogs. Geeze... don't you think any of these things through before posting??

But if we judged by LOGIN name, which cannot be changed....

I'm disappointed in all of you. This is definitely the most trustworthy way.

xCyRC6O.jpg

littlepersonparadox

This knowledge of how were picking it wouldn't get out and therefore no one would be modivated to change it to thequckbrownfoxjumpedoverthelazysleepingdog. (the extra s was redundant) Besides we can just do sign up names.

Also the magic 8 ball is usless. We may as well use the dice idea.

Archived