Proposed change to Open Mic forum

Mycroft is Yourcroft

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should the changes as proposed in post #1 take place to the Open Mic forum?

• Yes!
    • Of course!
    • Absolutely!
    • Yes but Mic needs sunglasses too

Mycroft is Yourcroft

As you all know, there has been confusion for quite some time now in regards to the similarity between the forum 'Open Mic' and our lovely PT member michaeld, commonly referred to as 'Mic'. Quite often, someone will refer to one, only for others to mistakenly assume they were talking about the other.

Robin and I have discussed this issue at length, and now propose a change that we believe will benefit everyone, member and coloured name alike, in the long term:

r6zY7e3.jpg

As you can see, there are many benefits to this proposed change, namely that now, simply by mentioning 'Mic', we are encompassing both the person and the forum, with no grey area in which confusion might happen. In addition, we will now have the pleasure of seeing Mic's face every time we log into AVEN.

Thanks to Robin for providing an example of we can hope to expect from this change. Discuss.

I fully support this change. Actually, I would go as far as to give supreme overload privileges to Mic in Mic.

I believe this will benefit the community in the long run.

It seems that we already have a majority in agreement, so let's do it. I can make the change on 3 April, which is the day after the next scheduled squirrel attack.

WünderBâhr

I am very glad this has been brought up. Out of all the discussions we have going, I feel this is important to make a priority. Been an issue for too long, imo.

Should we put it to a vote, then? You know.. for record.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

Good idea Bear :)

If someone wants to make a poll, go ahead,

This will be the single greatest change to AVEN that I can think of! Excellent creativity!

littlepersonparadox

It would make things a heck of a lot easier on everyone. Good thinking!

I've added a poll. I tried to make the options fair enough...

Notte stellata

How about the forum description? I think that should change too, because new members who don't know Mic yet may be confused at the forum icon.

How about the forum description? I think that should change too, because new members who don't know Mic yet may be confused at the forum icon.

It should be their responsibility to search out and read the information available on this person of awesomeness...

Draft for forum description

A place for members to discuss all aspects of the creative Mic, in both theory and application, and to showcase and improve Mic's awesome talents

I fully support this change. Actually, I would go as far as to give supreme overload privileges to Mic in Mic.

I believe this will benefit the community in the long run.

As moderator of Open Mic, I have to say I told you so. I've been wanting this for AGES. Geez guys.

Let's do this thang.

Also, before I forget, did we add in space in the budget for Mic's sunglasses? Those things aren't cheap, they're made of premium recycled ace rings! Dem things are rare and require collecting.

Qutenkuddly

Voted. Can we make them Gargoyles¿

catsaregood

Voted! Ah, such fantastical wielding of power!!! :D

Archived