Fundraising brainstorm?

Lia

With the budget, and our goals for this fiscal year, I think some fundraising is in order. We're going to need at least double what Kelly quoted that we made here in this thread and if we're going to realize all of our goals in the 2015 budget thread if we want to continue to support our lifestyle as Admods and PT, and (if we must) pay server costs.

Steph had a great idea of a Cake Tax. But what if we made it so that every time a user uses the :cake: icon, it charges? Maybe like $0.49USD per use. We can make this variable depending on where the :cake: is used, etc.

Also, what about making chat pay per minute?

Come forth with your ideas!

Notte stellata

We can charge even more for posting videos. Also charge for changing names or avatars.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

Just to clarify, as admods and PT we are exempt from the proposed cake icon usage charge, correct? Otherwise, Every time I post, my signature will incur $14.70 USD, not even including any cake I may use in the post.

Just to clarify, as admods and PT we are exempt from the proposed cake icon usage charge, correct? Otherwise, Every time I post, my signature will incur $14.70 USD, not even including any cake I may use in the post.

Of course we are. I thought that was implied

We should start allowing bribery. $10 for each warn, $10 dollars more expensive for each subsequent warn, $100 for a ban, $50 for a chatban, and $150 for a policy change.

Notte stellata

$5 for each admod/PT vote in elections and $100 for votes from the whole team. $5 for a one-day visit to the admod forums and $30 for a week-long stay.

We should do that and can. Let me set it up and we can begin doing so in April.

We should start allowing bribery. $10 for each warn, $10 dollars more expensive for each subsequent warn, $100 for a ban, $50 for a chatban, and $150 for a policy change.

Good idea but we should multiply those payments by ten. $1000 per ban would be better.

$5 for each admod/PT vote in elections...

Very good idea, but the poll tax is illegal in the USA. :(

We should do that and can. Let me set it up and we can begin doing so in April.

Good idea but we should multiply those payments by ten. $1000 per ban would be better.

$5 for each admod/PT vote in elections...

Very good idea, but the poll tax is illegal in the USA. :(

We can charge $50 for each Admod/PT endorsement can't we?

Here's the actual text

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

We can still do a poll tax AND charge for endorsements.

• 2 weeks later...
Qutenkuddly

We could start a hugging booth for additional income.

Member54880

If we charge for every cake icon, that might discourage members from posting cake, which means less cake to tax, and less revenue from it. I'm still in favor of allowing members to buy their way out of warns and bans though.

What if we also put future mod and PT positions up for sale, instead of having elections, and let the spot go to the highest bidder?

Archived