Proposed change to the TOS

Very good idea. The best reason is that we wish to achieve 5,000,000 posts, and we are barely above 3,000,000. With spam posts, we will get there more quickly.

littlepersonparadox

eh, I'm not a fan of canned spam. or spam of any kind really i got enough of that watching Monty Python.

Can't we get rid of the trolling clause? Trolls are so much fun...

AshenPhoenix

Lias right we should let all the trolls roam free in their natural habitat

...It would make chat so much more fun

Also, this clause:

You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.

should be changed to:

You agree that the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum are the supreme overlords of the universe, and that you will shower them with praise and cake (no pie!) at all times. Failure to comply, as well as any criticism of any of the above named persons, either singularly or as a whole, will result in an immediate and permanent site ban.

If that means I get to troll site members and spam my new blog (plug plug), then I am definitely supportive of this clause!

Mycroft is Yourcroft

Also, this clause:

You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.

should be changed to:

You agree that the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum are the supreme overlords of the universe, and that you will shower them with praise and cake (no pie!) at all times. Failure to comply, as well as any criticism of any of the above named persons, either singularly or as a whole, will result in an immediate and permanent site ban.

I respectfully request that the PT are included in this amended clause.

We like cake too :redface:

Also, this clause:

should be changed to:

You agree that the webmasters, administrators, moderators and the members of the project team of this forum are the supreme overlords of the universe, and that you will shower them with praise and cake (no pie!) at all times. Failure to comply, as well as any criticism of any of the above named persons, either singularly or as a whole, will result in an immediate and permanent site ban.

oh damn! You're right!! *throws extra cake at the PT for my oversight* I've fixed it!!

Also, this clause:

should be changed to:

Doctor-who-we-can-have-cake.gif

Member54880

Also, this clause:

should be changed to:

You agree that the webmasters, administrators, moderators and the members of the project team of this forum are the supreme overlords of the universe, and that you will shower them with praise and cake (no pie!) at all times. Failure to comply, as well as any criticism of any of the above named persons, either singularly or as a whole, will result in an immediate and permanent site ban.

oh damn! You're right!! *throws extra cake at the PT for my oversight* I've fixed it!!

Can we also add in to that clause that a portion of all the cake that's offered to the newbies in the Welcome Lounge must go to the webmasters, admods and PT?

Also, this clause:

should be changed to:

Can we also add in to that clause that a portion of all the cake that's offered to the newbies in the Welcome Lounge must go to the webmasters, admods and PT?

That's a bit much. What about a Cake tax? Just a percentage.

OH WAIT! IDEA!

• 2 weeks later...
WünderBâhr

Meh, considering that Admods deals with 95% of the website, I'm not sure why PT should share in the cake. I mean, don't get me wrong, you all do stuff with vis-ed, and that's cool. Much kudos. But Admods should get more cake. Fair is fair, you know. Ratio of effort = appropriate amount of reward.

...wait. My job requires effort? No one told me that when I ran for mod... :ph34r:

Mycroft is Yourcroft

Meh, considering that Admods deals with 95% of the website, I'm not sure why PT should share in the cake. I mean, don't get me wrong, you all do stuff with vis-ed, and that's cool. Much kudos. But Admods should get more cake. Fair is fair, you know. Ratio of effort = appropriate amount of reward.

I am very personally offended by this statement Bahr.

Currently, I am standing outside, in the pouring rain, 2C temperature. I have been holding up an asexual flag for 6 hours straight, while blogging about asexuality on my phone with my big toe. I am dictating how I want the social media updated to a work colleague, who keeps adding "(which doesn't really exist)" after every mention of the word 'asexuality'. I do not eat until some new positive mention of asexuality appears in mainstream media, and even then it is only enough to sustain my constant cry of "asexuals exist, and you need to know!". Icy rain is lashing my face, cold mud covers my legs, my hair is whipping around my head, and my voice is hoarse, but I continue, because I must, because that is what the PT does, and that is what we live for. Emails answered, media requests and appearances organised, research kept track of and documented, wiki analysed and updated, survey created, designed, released, and results published, news websites followed, publications investigated, events, videos and stories learned, stored and archived, the organisations' online presence tracked and maintained: in short, cramming asexuality down every possible throat, all in the name of awareness, in the name of AVEN.

We are the ones who bring in the new members, who bring in the cake, who bring in the tax. And for that reason, I respectfully request that we be given an equal share of cake.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

Meh.

Meh.

What, desk jobs got your tongues? :P

Archived