What's It Like to Be in a Queer-Platonic Relationship?

xMinMinx

If you don't mind, I'd like you to share some of your experiences in a QP relationship because I can only dream of one in my distant future.

How have they changed your life? Has it been fun so far?! Are you excited for the future? How'd you meet each other?

Can't wait to read your stories!!

Thank you ^-^,

:cake:.

awesomeopposum

Its actually really fun, to be honest. I recommend 10/10

It's pretty much the best thing ever, to be honest. At least for me.

The first queerplatonic relationship was kind of like being married. Except we didn't share money and possessions and there was no sex. But we did "live" with each other several days at a time, did almost everything together, went almost everywhere together, shared the same interests, slept in the same bed, had deep conversations that lasted for hours, and really silly conversations too. I could be completely myself and say anything no matter how bizarre or strange or ridiculous or politically incorrect, and it was fine, because she was like part of my soul, and we understood each other even without words.

The second queerplatonic relationship was quite different. It was almost like a romantic relationship but there was no commitment and no sex, but we cuddled and held hands and slept together and went on "dates". Like the first, we had a very deep mental and emotional connection and we understood each other on a different level, very intimate in mind.

imafuturecatlady

I've had a couple QP relationships here and there. Most of mine have started out just as close friendships that moved into cuddling, sharing clothes and going on dates with one another.

My most recent QP relationship started last year when I met this girl in my English class, and at first friendship was slow but then over the summer we rapidly became close and that progressed through the end of the year and into the new year. I think we've changed each other quite a bit considering I'm her first QP and she's made me become more upfront with my emotions, rather than hiding them. These days we text all the time, calls often (the only person who calls me more is my mum), and we swap clothes (specifically she likes to take my sweaters in exchange for her hoodies), and we cuddle often.

I would totally recommend QP relationship, and it's just a really nice, non-stressful type of relationship c:

Archived