Asexual Anthology -- Deadline for Submissions Extended to April 1, 2015

purplecakepress

purplecakepress
Hi everyone -- Purple Cake Press here. First of all, I just wanted to thank everyone for their wonderful support and interest in my asexual anthology project. My inbox is overflowing with story submissions, and it just means the world that people are so willing and eager to share their stories.
Due to the high amount of interest in the project, I've decided to extend the deadline for story submissions to April 1, 2015. After that date, I'll sift through the submitted stories, decide which ones to include in the anthology, and get started on the editing and formatting process. If you miss the cut-off date, though, don't worry -- if this anthology goes well, I'll publish more in the future, so feel free to keep sending in your stories!
For anyone who didn't read the original forum post about the anthology, here's an explanation of what the project is about:
This project will feature true stories from asexuals around the world. It will be similar in concept to Chicken Soup for the Soul (no affiliation!) — real people telling real stories, sharing their experiences and sending a supportive, positive message about asexuality.
So, you can write about anything relating to your asexual experience, such as:
  • Your first asexual relationship (or your first sexual relationship as an asexual)
  • How you discovered you were asexual
  • How asexuality has shaped your life
  • What being asexual means to you
  • How you deal with being asexual in a sexual world
  • How you came out to your friends/family as being asexual
  • Anything else about asexuality you think might be interesting!
It can be a story of romance, a story of aromance, a story of personal success, or just a random, quirky snapshot into your life as an asexual. This is supposed to be an uplifting book — intriguing, hopefully entertaining, and above all helping to spread awareness of the asexual community.
Your stories do not need to be 100% perfect, error-free, and all-around brilliant pieces of literature. We have an experienced editor working on the project who can take care of the grammar and punctuation for you. And don’t worry — we’ll run the edited version of your story by you before it goes to print!
This anthology will be self-published. As such, we cannot offer any payment to authors for submitted stories. What we can offer is a free print copy of the book when it goes live on Amazon (shipped to the address of your choice), access to the ebook (which you can send to friends/family), as well as a bio section in the book where you can introduce yourself. We truly wish we could give hundreds of dollars in return for your amazing stories, but unfortunately that’s just not financially possible right now. Hopefully the chance to share your story with the world, as well as the promise of seeing your name and story in print in a professionally edited and designed book, will be enough temptation!
Additional notes:
  • Story length = 500 – 5,000 words
  • Story rights = Non-exclusive (meaning you can publish the story somewhere else if you want)
  • Story language = English
  • Method of publication = Self-published by Purple Cake Press via Amazon & Createspace
  • Pen names acceptable? = Yes!
  • Deadline = April 1, 2015

If you're interested in submitting a story, please contact purplecakepress@gmail.com.

Archived