Your Fictional Crushes (and Otherwise)

CNGB

TheLeafBunny

... Oh dear. I have had some rather embarrassing crushes on fictional characters in the past, some I'd rather forget. Some have been just aesthetic, others romantic crushes... But anyway. I won't list the earlier, more embarrassing ones, but in the last ten years I suppose some of my more notable fictional crushes have nearly all been from anime. Because I'm a loser like that. But I don't think I'd describe myself as quite fictoromantic (if nothing else because it seems my romantic attraction to fictional characters has decreased dramatically in like the last three-four years. Or at least it's not as bad as before).

I won't mention past crushes, but most recently, the only romantic crush I've really developed on any fictional character is Toris (Lithuania) from Hetalia - he might not be the most eye-catching character in that series (though still has aesthetic appeal in his own right), but he seems like such a sweetheart I just wanna hug him and make him tea and >///<; Seriously. He is just a cutie patoot. (Speaking in purely platonic and/or aesthetic terms, though, I'll admit I kinda like Lancer from Fate/Zero. I don't see myself romantically with him ever, though - I will ship him with Saber for as long as I live.)

Now excuse me as I just scuttle away in embarrassment.

Link from Zelda.

Kai from Beyblade.

Gaara from Naruto.

Kouichi from this manga called Cat Street.

I got a couple more but I forgot them right now :(

• 2 weeks later...
Frozen Fairy

I've had a fictional crush/squish since I was about 11, but I don't know if I have the confidence to put it on here...

Would be interesting to see what people think but I've had bad reactions to it in the past.

Oh my god I had no idea this was a thing, I thought I was just a freak :o I'm a biromantic female who is like probably 90% gay and 10% straight, but when it comes to fictional characters I /always/ tend to fall for the males. It was always such a bizarre thing to me and made me question if I was lesbian or bi or what. I like a lot of male characters like in animes for instance, but I'm never had that experience with female characters. But it's the exact opposite when it comes to real life people XD

I guess they're really all aesthetic crushes though. I don't know if I would really feel romantic attraction to them. Although once I did have a very vivid dream about slow dancing in the kitchen with Fai from Tsubasa... Okay yeah that was a romantic crush... A very very strong one

I've never been one for real life crushes, but I am incredibly prone to fictional fancies for some reason! Just off the top of my head, I'm fond of Tali'Zorah from Mass Effect, Merrill from Dragon Age II, and Asuna from Sword Art Online. ^_^

I've never been one for real life crushes, but I am incredibly prone to fictional fancies for some reason! Just off the top of my head, I'm fond of Tali'Zorah from Mass Effect, Merrill from Dragon Age II, and Asuna from Sword Art Online. ^_^

Not really one of my crushes, but Merrill is the most adorable little blood mage, and Tali'zorah is my favorite of the male shep romance options (tied with Thane Krios for favorite overall)

Crushes for me would be (not an exhaustive list) Anna from Supernatural (before she got on the "Sam Winchester must die" bandwagon), Rin Tohsaka (from Fate/UBW), Min Farshaw from Wheel of Time. and Jadzia Dax from DS9.

• 2 weeks later...
YonderlyChronic

I'm going to be completely honest here,
my obsession since i was a young lad was the one and only Uchiha Sasuke.
In the beginning, his looks was practically the reason for my interest in him.
But, as the story progressed I began to fall in love with his story as a whole.
His decisions were understandable as he developed throughout the manga and
I really don't consider myself as the ultimate fan girl for his looks, but merely
for his character! :)

I also ended up getting a tattoo of him this past weekend as well due to a certain
bond with a beloved family member. Our bond is practically a splitting image of Sasuke and
Naruto which is probably another reason why he's become a huge part of my life <3

image_zpsmfccqcoz.jpg

KaijuPanda

When I was younger, my first crushes were on Robin Hood (the fox!) and Justin from Secret of Nimh. They are both so adventurous and charming and gentlemanly, haha. But since probably my late teens I stopped crushing on individuals and more...crushing on ships? That is, I'm attracted/fantasize about certain couples without being involved myself in any way. Anyhoo, recent ones are Prof X and Magneto (comics and films), Matt Murdock and...at least half the cast of Daredevil, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, and Faramir and Aragorn. The exception to this ship thing is Obi-Wan Kenobi, who is romantic ace in my headcanon, and I would totally marry him.

Faramir and Aragorn? I have a hard time seeing that one. They interacted so little. To me, they seem almost too similar in nature.

fish of hearts

I've crushed on every major character in Star Trek: The Next Generation except for Riker and Troi; and in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine except Dukat, Rom, and Jake.

KaijuPanda

Faramir and Aragorn? I have a hard time seeing that one. They interacted so little. To me, they seem almost too similar in nature.

Usually I'm more of an opposites person, so I can't explain that one! Though I read a lot of LOTR fanfiction years back, and sometimes liberties are taken. That also explains the interaction question :)

Well I'm still not entirely sure how much some of these fit the definition of 'crush' exactly--some of them are probably just squishes-- but here goes :blush: ;

Loki from the Avengers series; I haven't even watched an Avengers film yet, for goodness' sake. Just looking at the trailers, internet memes and adverts was enough. Especially when he has messy hair.

Thranduil from The Hobbit films

Severus Snape; though this was probably due more to the character's personality than anything else.

Mello from Death Note; again, more personality-based. Whenever Mello appeared, you always knew something interesting was going to happen. Admittedly I mistook him for a young girl upon first seeing him in the manga...

Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean

Shigure Sohma from Fruits Basket; more so in the manga than in the anime, though.

Sakaki and Koyomi Mizuhara from Azumanga Daioh

Fuuka Ayase from Yotsuba&!

ByTheTracks

Yelena Shabayev in Battlezone II was the first one I remember. I don't even know what she looks like. She was just a voice.

My current fictional crush is Elizabeth in The Americans. I'd go to war for her. :)

Oh, and T'Pol from Enterprise. I know it's a fictional crush because I have absolutely no feelings at all for Jolene Blalock. :)

My major one is Vlad from Danny Phantom. He's just so awesome!

Also Ren from Shaman King and Charles from Metalocalypse.

Some others are like Norman from Heavy Rain, Loki and Doctor Doom from Marvel and Germany from Hetalia.

And a squish on Hank Pym, he seems nice and every one is so mean to him. He needs hugs and cake.

Touchofinsight

If I could marry a fictional character, it'd probably be Rin Okumura.

He's funny, cute, would probably be very sweet in a relationship. Plus he'd make the relationship very fun.

Hmm, he's one of the only characters I could see myself having that sort of interest in, I guess. But still, at most I'd say he's just a character I love and admire a lot--since he's fictional, and he'll probably end up with one of the girls in the series, I find it difficult to associate him with any personal romantic interest.

All of my fictional crushes are pretty much platonic or even simply aesthetic, really.

Where is that character from, it seems so familiar.

If I could marry a fictional character, it'd probably be Rin Okumura.

He's funny, cute, would probably be very sweet in a relationship. Plus he'd make the relationship very fun.

Hmm, he's one of the only characters I could see myself having that sort of interest in, I guess. But still, at most I'd say he's just a character I love and admire a lot--since he's fictional, and he'll probably end up with one of the girls in the series, I find it difficult to associate him with any personal romantic interest.

All of my fictional crushes are pretty much platonic or even simply aesthetic, really.

Where is that character from, it seems so familiar.

Blue Exorcist :)

I've crushed on every major character in Star Trek: The Next Generation except for Riker and Troi; and in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine except Dukat, Rom, and Jake.

Why not Rom? He's cute! (If you can look beyond the face... but on that front, Quark is really only marginally prettier... :p )

Are you talking about actual crushes? That is, the kind of crush where you're knocked off your feet and next thing you know the fictional character is ever-present in your mind, slowly developing into a fictional partner?

Only happened to me once with Erza from Fairy Tailu. I guess I have a soft spot for women who are more stereotypical male on the inside. I absolutely hated how the author made a thing of having her develop a "feminine" side as the show progressed.

tumblr_m4pnzkHgrM1qcrnx8o1_500.jpg

Aw yis.

PS: I was wondering if it's right for me to post here, but thankfully my fictional crushes are 100% genuine sexual desire free. The "spot" such a crush hits for me is something completely different from crushes on "real" people.

But, as the story progressed I began to fall in love with his story as a whole.

His decisions were understandable as he developed throughout the manga and

I really don't consider myself as the ultimate fan girl for his looks, but merely

for his character! :)

That makes sense, to be honest. As a love drama kind of thing, Sasuke might have been fairly okay-ish. As a main character in a show about personal growth though, Sasuke was the most horrible excuse for a plot device I've ever seen. By the end of the show, me and presumably a million other fans were just waiting for Sasuke and Sakura to drop dead to make room for the actually interesting and responsible characters.

Not really a crush, but it's really interesting how your perspective on characters can change after immersing yourself in a series.

Subject is Son Goku from Dragon Ball/Z.

First impression from before I actually watched the series? Ew, manly muscled man. I don't see huge muscles as attractive.

Now...? Aw, he's a cutie!

The difference? Now I know about his personality. I know he's not what I had perceived him to be before, which was a masculine, all male, testosterone driven fighter.

Nope. Now I know that he's a good natured guy who loves fighting and food and who is unaware of social norms, seems clueless and brainless a lot of the time (but really isn't)...a very simple minded individual. That endears him to me, even makes him a little bit attractive. (Not in a sexual sense.)

1) Aragorn Elessar II

2) Dwight Enys

3) Leopold Fitz

4) John Thornton

5) Dimitri [Anastasia]

6) Henry Tilney

7) Fitzwilliam Darcy

8') Ben Solo (Kylo Ren)

9) Harry Potter

10) Luke Skywalker

11) Roronoa Zoro [OP]

12) Obi-Wan Kenobi

13) Neville Longbottom
14) Gendry Waters

15) Jon Snow / GOT

16) Remus Lupin

17) Zuko [Avatar]

18) Thranduil

19) Tobias Eaton

20) Jehan Prouvaire

The exception to this ship thing is Obi-Wan Kenobi, who is romantic ace in my headcanon, and I would totally marry him.

Haha, so would I ! :D

Yes!!! I also don't really crush on fictional characters themselves, but more on relationships between them. My current obsessions are in the MCU Marvel movies.

- Dr. Bruce Banner (Hulk)

- Clint Barton (Hawkeye)

- Steve Rogers (Captain America)

- Tony Stark (Iron Man)

Another one is from the podcast Welcome To Night Vale:

- Cecil Palmer

- Carlos the Scientist

Super cuties. :wub:

fish of hearts

Why not Rom? He's cute! (If you can look beyond the face... but on that front, Quark is really only marginally prettier... :P )

Physical appearance plays a part, but I don't use it as a measurement as heavily with fictional crushes, so that I should like Rom because he's only marginally less good looking than Quark is moot. At times he's an interesting character, but his writing was inconsistent*, and nothing about him appealed to me the way the rest of the cast did. Maybe lovable village idiot (savant) just isn't my type.

:)

* So was Bashir's, but I'll admit a soft spot for Received Pronunciation.

Waist of Thyme

Crushing fictional characters with a giant mallet is one of my favorite hobbies! Here are just a few of the ones I've shattered to pieces:

-Gollum (Lord of the Rings)

-Velma (Scooby Doo)

-HULK SMASH (Marvel)

-Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook)

-Sherlock Holmes (same title)

-Sirius Black (Hairy Otter)

-Crona Gorgon (Soul Eater)--not anywhere near a crush.

This character, unusually enough, I see in almost a maternal light. S/he (the manga author purposely left the gender ambiguous) just...became my favorite character in Soul Eater after a certain point. Their story makes me just want to hug and protect them forever, and I hate with a burning passion anyone who tormented them. The manga ending depressed me so much because they didn't get a good ending.

Basically I look at this character and think...my baby ;-;

AndrogynousLuve

Newt from Maze Runner (you can see the cutie on my avatar).

Accelerator from To Aru Majutsu no Index light novel series (who happens to be aromantic asexual officially).

Yuki Nagato from HS.

Risa Hachiya from Sorry, youth!

And absolutely love Korra from Legend of Korra. There are lots of badass fem characters there.

Seimei from Onmyoji movie.

Crystalkinz

Jem from the Infernal Devices. And his best friend Will.

And Jace from the Mortal Instruments. And Simon.

Basically, Cassandra Clare is able to kill me with her writing. *cries*

Archived