• 42-43
    • 44-45
    • 46-47
    • 48-49
    • 50-51
    • 52-53
    • 54-55
    • >56

Not really sure,but probably in my mid 40s. That's when all the nagging pains started creeping in. That's when I started thinking " Oh God, I have to put up with this for the rest of my life?" But there are days I feel good and I can be positive.

• 2 weeks later...

My brain is still 17 and wants to do all the things it could back then. Unfortunately, arthritis has set in (right hip) which restricts me a bit; guess it's the body's way of trying to slow me down. There are still things to be done for the ffirst time and lots more to learn :D

Autumn Sunrise

I think I left a little piece of my mind in each of the decades I lived through, with the result that I'm now a glorious mixture and never know quite what age I'm going to be at any given time :) One thing's for certain - I don't feel much like I used to think "70" would be :lol:

Isn't life wonderful :wub:

Satchel Paige, an old baseball player from the so-called Negro Leagues, was once quoted as saying something on the order, " How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?" Some days I feel 30 and some days 90 (really 78) so I look forward to getting old. ( Who am I kidding I am old).

Autumn Sunrise

I like that question, davprec :) I'll have to give it some serious thought and see what I come up with! I'm guessing you wouldn't usually be answering "78" :lol:

DigitalBookDust

Hmmm, that's a good question. I definitely don't feel young anymore. I feel much BETTER than I did when I was younger, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I used to be in severe pain from fibromyalgia, but that seems to have abated. I suffered from what I term "Sylvia Plath syndrome", where I almost romanticized the idea of depression, and consequently was depressed a great of the time. I no longer have that view and am much happier now. I know myself, who and what I am. I have the courage of my convictions and stand up for my opinions. When I was a teenager, I often looked forward to becoming an eccentric old curmudgeon but didn't know how I'd get through the intervening years. Well, I've made and I'm enjoying it every bit as much I thought I would! :)

There should be a "still feel young " or similar option. I'm 43 and still a big kid at heart. People still say that I look younger than that.

DigitalBookDust

I don't feel young today. I'm going to get new specs, something I'm looking forwards to, except they're bifocals! But I'm getting either a Neostyle or Guess frame, round wire-rim and blue-tinted!

I don't necessarily feel old, but there are moments that make me realise that age is something that differentiates experiences.

Yesterday I realised that a silly NSYNC song on the radio was released in 1997. That means some kids who are 18 and can vote or even drink legally in some places, weren't even born when that song was released.

Other than that type of age-shock, ever since I was around 10, I've felt that I was over 50-70 in mind. Obviously I still had and have growing to do, but my core understanding, patience, and thought process has always felt older than all of my peers and most of my adults (note: this has nothing to do with intellegence and I don't think I'm better than anyone. I've also had many people notice this in me.).

I stopped feeling young when I was about 12 years old when everything starting getting stressful (homework, bullies, parents stressed from their jobs and feeling paranoid about my health even though I didn't eat much junk food at the time and actually exercised every once in a while, etc.). I used to feel like a stressed adult with a cluttered office job or something. Luckily all of that stopped sometime during early high school. I'm currently 19 and making up for it though and it seems to be working, now it's just my mind that feels older, but in a good way.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped feeling young in my mid 40's. That's when my physical age caught up to my mental age. ;)

Ha! My physical age passed my mental age decades ago! :P

When I realized that the rock music I grew up with is now called "oldies".

Some might say "childish", Autumn Sunrise, but I like your version better. :lol:

They're called Classics, Sally! :)

(the "oldies" are the songs from the 80s (and 90s?)) :P

I definitely don't feel old and you're only as young as you feel! Since my retirement, I have gotten a second wind or second chance on enjoying life to the fullest, without the stress of my former career. Anyway as I start the next chapter of my life, I plan on doing as much traveling as I possibly can....

It hasn't!

I still feel like a child because I haven't and won't achieve the milestones that define an adult by today's society standards. I absolutely can't relate to my own age group, I feel like a baby around other 40 year olds because I don't care about drinking, working, sex, children, marriage, or being constantly bitter and serious. I'm actually more comfy with 18-25 year olds because that is the mental age I feel I'm at - I'm disabled, I can't drive, I live at home, I don't work, partying sounds like a waste of time, etc etc etc. I'd rather switch on the Playstation 3 and play some GTA :p

I do have the awful feeling I'm too young for my body though and too old to be part of the age group I prefer without being creepy. Guess it's good I'm a shut in.

• 2 weeks later...
IvoryStardust

Most of the time, I still forget that I'm not in my mid-20s to early 30s.

JaySexual

Started feeling old sometime in my 30's (not all the time, but just sometimes, getting more common as I aged) now I'm over 40 and feel old pretty much every day...

Just turning sixty and doing pretty well.... I've kept vigorous for a long time, kept up with my teenage cousins when we ran or wrestled until fairly recently. Now I seem to be getting annoyingly fragile - collected a broken rib, a torn meniscus in one knee, and a torn rotator cuff just in the past 2 years. As far as mental age, I can still go anywhere I like. :D

the bumbling rotifer

This morning, when I found out that a kid who is nearly a decade younger than me has been elected as an MP.

Autumn Sunrise

Never mind, Bumbles - your ear trumpet and walking frame have been ordered and will arrive tomorrow morning :P :D :lol:

And if the independence vote had gone the other way last year - she wouldn't have been :D

JaySexual

Its been so long that I don't remember . lol

I'm over 40 now, but may as well be twice that by how old i feel...

allrightalready

i actually feel more youthful now than i have in decades since i am in much better shape and i eat better however it has reached the point that nearly everywhere i go and among my friends i find i am the oldest person in the room

• 3 weeks later...
Lord Jade Cross

I think that I'm rather rapidly feeling old being mid way to my 30's. Its funny, I never felt my age when younger but after seeing other people grow up and remembering when I first saw them just after they had been born, made me realize that the clock has run and it isn't stopping. I guess I'm a little early but I'm beginning to ponder whether my life choices were the correct ones seen as I thought that by now, I would have been in a much better place.

Anthracite_Impreza

I tend to fluctuate; some days I feel 6, other days I feel 90. I would say I tend to feel more young than old though, I'm certainly more childish than most people my age (I still enjoy walking on walls for no reason) :P

bittersweet988

I've never felt young. I realized very soon life is hard (sure, there can be happy moments, but you have to work hard and even in that case you might not get what you want). I have always felt older than my peers, ever since I was in kindergarten. When I was 6 years old, I preferred talking to teachers than other kids. People my age find me boring (and I find them stupid), so I only enjoy being around people who are are + 35 (I am 26). Now that I'm done with college, I feel even older! I still have some childish sides (for example, I don't like having responsibilities), but I've never been a very cheerful, carefree person. I am a rather deep, thoughtful person, although my childish side comes out whenever I am playing with my cat or animals in general :P So, I'd say I look like I am about 20 but feel like I am 35-40 years old.

Hammerhead

My mom once told me when I was in my thirties "Once you hit 50 it's all downhill from there". For me it's turned out to be so true. Once I hit 50 it seemed that things started to go downhill. Old injuries came back to haunt me, I noticed I couldn't do things physically that I used to do. So around that time is when I stopped feeling "young".

Archived