Temp Admin Announcement

Cate Perfect

I'm going to pick Liver up from the train station tomorrow and he'll be with me for two weeks, during which time I probably won't be around very much (theoretically). So Sacred will be your temp admin for a little more than the next two weeks while Liver and I play Happy Families.

Give the man a round of applause (sacred not Liver).

He's been temped before so I'll sure he'll do a cracking job.

Cate

Ah temp jobs. Got to love it when your time is up and the boss says to you "you've done a great job, now get out"

The Evil Cashew

*applauds*

(Hehe - substitute - now let's all behave nicely )

heh.. but the principles and the vice principles are still around even of the teacher is absent!

~Cashew

So...if I'm the almost Prime Minister and I'm away....what's the person who looks after the place? The Chancellor Exchequer? Except spelt correctly.

Cate

[drunkenly] When I heard I was gonna get to be an administrizator....I was like.......I was all like....F*CK YEAH!!!!!!!!![drunkenly/]

Cate Perfect

See? Already behaving like a full-time admin. Excellent.

Cate

See? Already behaving like a full-time admin. Excellent.

Cate

Hahahaha; cheers for sacred! And enjoy your trip thing, Cate. :D

Cate Perfect

I always thought it was 'pompoms', too. Huh.

Half of the Winkies: *pompons!*

Other half: *jazz hands*

Cate

courtesy of dictionary.reference.com:

pompon: A ball of fluffy material, such as feathers or strips of colored paper, that is waved by cheerleaders and sports fans.

pompom: artillery designed to shoot upward at airplanes

so you see, it really could work both ways for us :wink:

borrowedTime
courtesy of dictionary.reference.com:

pompon: A ball of fluffy material, such as feathers or strips of colored paper, that is waved by cheerleaders and sports fans.

Well, I've never heard that one about aircraft before...

This, this and this dictionary don't even mention the artillery definition, though they do give this alternative n spelling...

So...if I'm the almost Prime Minister and I'm away....what's the person who looks after the place? The Chancellor Exchequer? Except spelt correctly.

Er, no, when you became almost Prime Minister you should've nominated an almost Deputy Prime Minister for situations like this... (like John Prescott)

Er, no, when you became almost Prime Minister you should've nominated an almost Deputy Prime Minister for situations like this... (like John Prescott)

John Prescott in charge on AVEN? Flipping scary thought.....

borrowedTime

It's already scary enough that he could be put in charge of Britain... :?

Cate Perfect

Well, I'll figure out a Deputy Prime Minister when Liver leaves.

He's here now and I am officially in SlackMode unless something horrid happens, in which case, someone ring me and I'll be on as fast as I can be.

Cate

bard of aven
pompon: a dusky gray food fish (Anisotremus surinamensis) related to the porkfish and found from Louisiana and Florida southward called also black margate

I have this vision of the winkies doing cheers while waving dead fish around wildly. :lol:

boa

Odd.

Dictionary.com defines both as the same thing (the first definition).

Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary uses both of those definitions for "pom-pom" and "pompon" is defined as a variety of chrysanthemum.

bard of aven

OED for pompom:The name given during the South African war, 1899–1902, to the Maxim automatic quick-firing gun: see Maxim n.2 Also fig., and attrib. as pom-pom gun, ammunition. In later use: any of various heavier guns, esp. if multi-barrelled or one of a group.

A representation of a repetitive sound, e.g. the beat of a popular tune or poem. Also pom-pom-pom, etc

OED for pompon: A jewel or ornament attached to a long pin; a tuft or bunch of ribbon, velvet, flowers, threads of silk, etc., formerly worn in the hair, or on the cap or dress; now worn on women's and children's hats and shoes, and used to ornament the borders of mantles; also, the round tuft on a soldier's or sailor's cap, the front of a shako, etc. Also attrib.

A variety of chrysanthemum, and of dahlia, bearing small globular flowers. Also attrib. Also, one of a group of dwarf varieties of Rosa centifolia with small double flowers. Also with capital initial.

Cate Perfect

Something I love about this place is that you can never really know *where* a thread will go. I end up learning all sorts of things I would've never known. (For better or worse.) We had a thread about masturbation that turned into people exchanging cake recipies...well, why bother listing the instances, eh? Choose a thread, any thread. :D

Yes, winkies with dead fish. mmmm-MMMMM

I love this place.

Cate

Silly Green Monkey

That was one problem with my great idea of a time ago, to bundle threads with similar topics. I thought it would be nice to somehow connect all threads with similar topics into one easily accessible location, but too many threads would be in more than one bundle.

Hey, I didn't know that about pompons. Interesting...

And I was going to make the same comment Cate made :lol:

--El Peix

Archived