---

OneOfAKind

Yeah I agree with what you said, I'd definitely ask her straight up what is happening between you two. I'm bad at relationships, but it actually sounds like she might have feelings for you. Best of luck! :D

Sounds like she likes the attention, and making you jealous.

People like that aren't worth your time, mate.

If you want to confront her and find out what's going on, then go for it. But I would cut ties and run in the opposite direction.

There's really no need to ask what's up. She's not interested but she's trying to keep it fun and silly in hopes of keeping the tension down... unfortunately you are not playing along and keep bumping the tension back up. It's up to you what you want to do, but you're not going to get anywhere with her regardless of the path you choose, IMO.

My advice in these situations is always the same... you either have to meet someone new that you have feelings for, or you need to cut contact significantly if you want to move on.

...you're not going to get anywhere with her regardless of the path you choose, IMO.

You just reminded me of something... although it's not that helpful.

First rule:

Never fall for a straight girl.

I kind of agree with dissolved _girl, in that she sounds like she might be playing you, and also using you to try and play this crush. Like, 'oh look, im a lesbian now and unavailalbe, doesn't that make me hot?'.

Or she could be supremely confused about her own emotions and have no clue how to respond, so she's acting wildly inappropriately and trying to make jokes of it. Either way, she's being rude to you. You could tell her that you'd preffer 'no thanks, not into that' is a prefferable respince to whatever insanity she's going through now, and that you'd rather have a solid answer than all this confusing mixed message bullshit.

EDIT: after reading Skullery Maid's post, I also strongly agree with they're interpretation being very likely.

If you can get a straight answer out of her (and thats an if, considering the avoidance she's displayed so far), and can get her to stop acting so strangley, that would be optimal. If not, 'moving on' seems best, because driving you crazy with mind game bullshit isn't cool. Moving on can be difficult, but distancing yourself from her physically, letting her know WHY you're distancing yourself, and reminding yourself of the weird and crazy crap she keeps pulling, may help. Keep in mind that distancing is for your sake, giving you space to think and clear your head, and its not suppose to be a way of forcing her to act more reasonably.

There's really no need to ask what's up. She's not interested but she's trying to keep it fun and silly in hopes of keeping the tension down... unfortunately you are not playing along and keep bumping the tension back up. It's up to you what you want to do, but you're not going to get anywhere with her regardless of the path you choose, IMO.

I'm all for assuming that people I don't know are stupid, but this is quite the bold interpretation. She hopes to keep the tension down by hitting the person who just confessed to her on the butt? Meh, okay, sounds like they're really young, so mayyyyybe.. kids these days. >_> *grabs the walking cane*

@OP: It's important to get clear on your own feelings. You've been crushing on her for years? But the way you're talking makes it sound like you have zero respect for her. It's easy to get hostile when you realize that your feelings aren't being returned, but don't let it get to you. Surely, there's something you want, so stand by that desire and insist on being taken seriously about it. Don't get me wrong, it won't help you "win her over", but if you really care about her, I don't think you'll be satisfied until you've given everything.

I'm all for assuming that people I don't know are stupid, but this is quite the bold interpretation.

I strongly disagree.

Well I could be wrong, but it seems to me like she may be screwing with you... I've had both guys and girls mess with me in really similar ways and it's never ended well, but I hope I'm wrong for your sake.

Girl, she's playing you. Dump the chick and try to find someone who will love you for who you are.

I think she said she's an ace just to be cool. Many do that sadly, and do not really know what being an ace is.

I haven't had a relationship at all and I know by her actions that she doesn't care... that or she is just trying to get you jealous OR doesn't want others to know that she might like you. All I know is, this is a game that will make you undoubtedly miserable.

Relationships are built on mutual trust, love and happiness. How can one have that if one of them is being a jerk to the other?

I hope this helps!

I kind of agree with dissolved _girl, in that she sounds like she might be playing you, and also using you to try and play this crush. Like, 'oh look, im a lesbian now and unavailalbe, doesn't that make me hot?'.

Or she could be supremely confused about her own emotions and have no clue how to respond, so she's acting wildly inappropriately and trying to make jokes of it. Either way, she's being rude to you. You could tell her that you'd preffer 'no thanks, not into that' is a prefferable respince to whatever insanity she's going through now, and that you'd rather have a solid answer than all this confusing mixed message bullshit.

EDIT: after reading Skullery Maid's post, I also strongly agree with they're interpretation being very likely.

If you can get a straight answer out of her (and thats an if, considering the avoidance she's displayed so far), and can get her to stop acting so strangley, that would be optimal. If not, 'moving on' seems best, because driving you crazy with mind game bullshit isn't cool. Moving on can be difficult, but distancing yourself from her physically, letting her know WHY you're distancing yourself, and reminding yourself of the weird and crazy crap she keeps pulling, may help. Keep in mind that distancing is for your sake, giving you space to think and clear your head, and its not suppose to be a way of forcing her to act more reasonably.

Sounds like she likes the attention, and making you jealous.

People like that aren't worth your time, mate.

If you want to confront her and find out what's going on, then go for it. But I would cut ties and run in the opposite direction.

My advice in these situations is always the same... you either have to meet someone new that you have feelings for, or you need to cut contact significantly if you want to move on.

Well I could be wrong, but it seems to me like she may be screwing with you... I've had both guys and girls mess with me in really similar ways and it's never ended well, but I hope I'm wrong for your sake.

Girl, she's playing you. Dump the chick and try to find someone who will love you for who you are.

I think she said she's an ace just to be cool. Many do that sadly, and do not really know what being an ace is.

I haven't had a relationship at all and I know by her actions that she doesn't care... that or she is just trying to get you jealous OR doesn't want others to know that she might like you. All I know is, this is a game that will make you undoubtedly miserable.

Relationships are built on mutual trust, love and happiness. How can one have that if one of them is being a jerk to the other?

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the responses... I just wish I had checked this on Thursday before I allowed things to get much more complicated.

This is what happened next (feel free to skip if you no longer care):

On Thursday, someone at school asked me if she and I were a couple because of the video she posted of us hanging out last weekend. So, later Thursday night, I snapchatted (video app) her and brought up the incident with my classmate earlier, following a "whats up? what's going on with you? You have me in the dark" (which she didn't respond to.) So then, I snapchatted her again and told her "don't watch and not respond. what could you possibly be doing at 10pm?" (hopefully it didn't sound as rude as it does typed :/) She responded "I'm depressed. Depressed. Sad, and everything" and ended up missing school that day. I responded to her during my lunch period asking if she wanted to talk about it, but again, no response. Later that day, she invited me over to her house to hang with her and a mutual friend. I kind of showed up late, and she was "mad" because she (and our other friend) had to meet me halfway at 9pm in the cold. I didn't take her serious. Anyways, before ten minutes could pass, she called her crush -____- they were on the phone for hours, but didn't have a single thing a common. She had even mentioned that to him. It was more silence and differences between them than an actual conversation. She seemed to be extremely in "awe" with him, however, threatening to kick me out if I hung up on him (yeah, I was getting jealous and tried to hang up the phone, lol. She kept calling the dude 'bae' as if she'd put him on a pedestal). When they finally hung up, she got on the phone with her 'ex'. (Ugh!!!!) She pretty much announced that she didn't want anyone EXCEPT for him. Aside from that, she just kept saying inappropriate things about guys in general in terms of "face sitting" (lmao) and rough sex? Blah. I accidentally spent the night and woke up semi different. I did not care for her as much as I did. I was/am annoyed with the fact I never got a solid answer and I spent one week of my life thinking something was actually going to happen. Oh, and did I mention that the friend said:

"I know who you like."

Me: "oh really? who?"

Friend: "Just know I know"

Me: " I do not like Mike if that's what you think!!!" (he's a new friend of mine. Attractive? Yes. But I'm not interested)

My (damn-near former) crush: "oh yeahhhhh, you DO like mike!!! what y'all do the other day"

Me: *thinks "wtf" / malfunctions /balls up into a feetle position / makes a pterodactyl noise / transforms into a potato and rolls under the nearest vent*

Smh! All I've learned in the past two days is that 1: I'm damn sure not okay with whatever kind of relationship this is, and 2: I need to continue focusing on my own goals and not compromise anything else because I'm one helluva person and I deserve the right person. And right now, she's not the one I'm looking for. I'm instantly over this situation.

Null_and_Void

I know I'm a little late to reply, but I'd like to commend you for reaching the point you have as quickly as you have. You don't deserve to be treated like that by her. She should give a yes or a no, not play mind games with you. I was treated fairly similarly by a girl once (I won't get into it, no need for that, you can PM me if you really care for some reason), but I stupidly let it persist for over a year. I once considered her my best friend, and now... I don't think I've talked to her and over a year and a half, and for the year before that it was very minimal contact. I moved on, nixed her from my life, and now I'm very happily engaged to somebody who treats me a hell of a lot better. I implore you to do the same. Kick her out of your life and move on.

P.S. Feel free to respond in a PM, but out of genuine curiosity, can you please explain to me how it is you have a "crush", yet your profile states you're aromantic? How does that work?

Archived