Weird first kiss, is it supposed to be like that?

Måskemigselvetsted

Kissers & Kissies: Explain to me what is the significance of these 'first kisses' over other kisses, or other initial gestures made towards one's partner.

Apart from a peck-on-the-cheek directed at a ninety-three year old relative, I've never felt an 'urge' to place my lips anywhere, on anyone else.

Should a label be required...I feel quite 'kiss-averse'. I don't find others kissing, totally abhorrent; just, not understood! :ph34r:

I don't honestly know if there's a "good" first kiss. Maybe there is and I'm mistaken. :blink:

My first was weird too. I wasn't sure if I really liked it either... It just felt strange and I remember thinking "Weeeell, that was interesting..."

If I'm honest, they were always kind of weird. Haven't kissed anyone in a few years now, and I can say I certainly don't miss it...

I actually REALLY enjoyed my first kiss, but... I was in love with the guy and he was so gentle and sweet it would have been hard to not enjoy it. Those movie type kisses where the guy shyly leans in and puts his hand on your face then gently kisses? Totally happened. Full option to get away if I wanted. Total trust and no worrying he'd be pushy. <3 I got very lucky in who my first boyfriend was.

But, yeah, a lot of people find the first kiss awkward. And if you don't actually like the person much, a lot of people find any kissing weird/unenjoyable from that too. It's not so much about the sensation of lip touching as the emotional response. If you want to try again, do so. If you think you just have no interest, then no worries, not everyone likes kissing. :)

As to why the first is important: Well, it's a new experience if your first ever. And if with a new person, it's something that often makes people anxious and nervous and if that connection doesn't exist.. then it can be a deal breaker for some. The nervous rush of a first kiss/first date/first night over etc is supposed to be very pleasant while frightening for a lot of people. Of course, not everyone cares and if you don't, well, no big deal. :D

Måskemigselvetsted

Thank you everyone for sharing your experience, too. It's nice to know, that I'm not alone in feeling like this. I still hope I'll someday meet someone where it feels a bit more like in the books/movies/media/everywhere.

Just to clarify: For me, it wasn't the fact that it was a "first kiss" which was supposed to make it feel more special than it did. It was the fact that it was a kiss. That is wasn't just any kiss but the first was the reason I didn't know what to expect and therefore was kind of taken by surprise by the disappointing experience.

I still think it's quite weird since my body can more or less enjoy other stuff even though I'm not particular fond of the person.

I still don't get what people like about kissing. It didn't do anything for me at my first kiss, and now many years later it still doesn't do anything for me. I think how I feel every time I kiss someone must be about what other people assume they would feel when they kiss their brothers and sisters.

I find it really boring and yuck. Hm, exactly like sex...

Archived