anyone a pisces?(i am not)

(SP)

i don't really believe in this stuff anyway, but i found this , mentioning pisces tendency to asexuality

http://www.horoscopes-guide.com/www/horoscope_pisces.htm

2013 Mod Edit: The above link doesn't work anymore, but its content can be found here. For future reference:

Welcome To Horoscopes Guide Online!

All the information you need on horoscopes at your fingertips!!

Pisces
Pisces, one of the less flamboyant signs and its natives are more ordinary than those of, for example, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. Pisceans possess a gentle, patient, malleable nature. They have many generous qualities and are friendly, good natured, kind and compassionate, sensitive to the feelings of those around them, and respond with the utmost sympathy and tact to any suffering they encounter. They are deservedly popular with all kinds of people, partly because their easygoing, affectionate, submissive natures offer no threat or challenge to stronger and more exuberant characters.

They accept the people around them and the circumstances in which they find themselves rather than trying to adapt them to suit themselves, and they patiently wait for problems to sort themselves out rather than take the initiative in solving them. They are more readily concerned with the problems of others than with their own. Don't forget to check pisces daily horoscope by clicking link above! Their natures tend to be too otherworldly for the practical purposes of living in this world as it is. They exist emotionally rather than rationally, instinctively more than intellectually.

Their willpower, ambition they long to be recognized as greatly creative and reasoning are all limited and, however anxious they are to fulfill themselves, their concentration is weak; they lack decisiveness and they are easily diverted from their purposes. They are apt to live a shiftless sort of life, searching for some career in which they can really find themselves, but being easily discouraged they become despondent, feeling unappreciated and moving on to something or someone else. They also dislike disciple and confinement within routine the nine-to-five life is not for them - and confinement by codes of behavior.

Any rebellion they make against convention is personal, however, as they do not have the energy to battle against the Establishment. Pisceans tend to withdraw into a dream world where their qualities can bring mental satisfaction and sometimes, but by no means inevitably, fame and financial reward for they are gifted artistically. They are also versatile and intuitive, have quick understanding, observe and listen well, and are receptive to new ideas and atmospheres.

All these factors can combine to produce remarkable creativity in literature, music and art. They may count among their gifts mediumistic qualities which can give them a feeling that their best work comes from outside themselves, "Whispered beyond the misted curtains, screening this world from that." Even when they cannot express themselves creatively they have a greater than average instinct for, and love of, beauty in art and nature, a catlike appreciation of luxury and pleasure, and a yearning for new sensations and travel to remote, exotic places.

They are never egotistical in their personal relationships and give more than they ask from their friends. They are sexually delicate, in the extreme almost asexual, and most Pisceans would want a relationship in which the partner's mind and spirit rather than the body resonated with their own. Unfortunately they can be easily misled by a lover who courts them delicately and in marriage makes them unhappy by a coarser sexuality than they expected. They are nevertheless intensely loyal and home-loving and will remain faithful - though their dreamy and impractical natures do not fit them to keep a tidy and well-run house.

In their employment they are better working either by themselves or in subordinate positions. Their talents are individual in a commercial business or similar undertaking they would be afraid to manage more than a small department, worrying always that they would fail in a crisis. They can make fair secretaries and bookkeepers. Their sympathy equips them for work in charities catering for the needy, as nurses looking after the sick and as veterinary surgeons caring for animals.

As librarians or astronomers they can satisfy their mental wanderlust, and their fondness for "faraway places with strange-sounding names" may turn them into sailors or travellers. Many architects and lawyers are Pisceans, and when the creative abilities are combined with gifts of imitation and the ability to enter into the feelings of others, Pisceans find their fulfillment on the stage. Their psychic and spiritual qualities can lead them into careers in the church or as mediums and mystics. They may find an outlet for their creativity as caterers, and are said to make good detectives because they can imagine themselves in the place of criminals and understand how their minds would work.

In technical occupations they are well employed in dealing with anaesthetics, fluids, gases and plastics. Because of their lively versatility and inability to concentrate overmuch on any one project, Pisceans often simultaneously follow more than one occupation. Their faults are exasperating rather than vicious. They can be oversubtle, oversensitive and overemotional. In business they can be unreliable, idle, careless, impractical and ineffective.

Their friends may find their diffidence and sense of their own unimportance irritating and may eventually want to shake off acquaintances who not only lack initiative but are peevish and extravagantly temperamental in their dependence on them. Other faults of which the negative Piscean is accused are fickleness, gossiping, indiscretion, effeminacy and gullibility. They may not be able to avoid being sickly, but their fretting hypochondria can wear out a saint's patience.

They can be intellectually dishonest and also actually fraudulent, deceitful and hypocritical. They are often indecisive in important matters yet will uphold absurdities with the obstinacy of the weak. When they feel themselves rejected, lonely or failures, or simply through feeble self-indulgence, they will find refuge in drugs or the bottle.

VivreEstEsperer

I'm a Pisces! I'm a Pisces! :)

"They are sexually delicate, in the extreme almost asexual, and most Pisceans would want a relationship in which the partner's mind and spirit rather than the body resonated with their own"

well thats true :)

some of that stuff I agree with and some of the stuff in there I definitely don't.

I'm an Aries :? According to most horoscopes, we're supposedly damned passionate, what with having fire as our ruling element.

Guess I proved 'em wrong, eh? :lol:

ToiletSavior

I hate Astrology. I don't believe in it. *major atheist* I'm a "Cancer". Blah. "motherly, caring and senstive". Let's just say I can be insensitive monster at times.

orderinchaos

Any of my ex's who were Pisces were rabidly sexual, materialistic and had lots of "friend" friends - you know, the sort who don't really know you, but who spend time around you and like associating with you. They always seemed to have stressful social lives though.

All of this is a prelude to saying I think star signs are a pretty poor guide to measuring people :P

I'm a Sagittarian with Gemini on the Ascendant, Moon in Cancer and Aquarius on the Midheaven. I also have Mars in Aries but I am as Asexual as they come, if you pardon that expression of course :wink:

HATS! WELCOME BACK :D

I'm a Sagittarian with Gemini on the Ascendant, Moon in Cancer and Aquarius on the Midheaven. I also have Mars in Aries but I am as Asexual as they come, if you pardon that expression of course

Whoa, I never thought these things could get this complicated hehe.

• 4 months later...

I'm a Libra with a Scorpio rising, stellium in Virgo, and Mars trine Jupiter.

I like the asthetics of cancer....the moon, pearls, water, the ocean, starfishes, snails, rabbits, the immaculate conception, Lilith, mood changes, bodily fluids, night and twilight, embryos, dreaming, domestic bliss, feeling and so on. Do I believe in astrology? No.

umm I'm a Scorpio... what's all the rising-sellum-watever thing, though?

A stellium is at least three planets in one sign.

A trine is an aspect in which one planet "works with" another because the two different signs they're in are of the same element.

For instance, my Mars is in Cancer, a water sign. My Jupiter is in Pisces, another water sign. The two planets occur at the same degree in each of the signs, so they are said to flow together, and the waters of one feed the waters of the other.

I don't have faith in astrology, but I know something about it because my mother could read ephemerides or stellar and planetary charts and could write horoscopes.

I hate Astrology. I don't believe in it. *major atheist*

::never thought astrology was religious?::

I'm Gemini. The Twins. Two sides to everything. I always heard Scorpios are sex lunatics (no offense to my asexual friends hehe) and in my experience it's true. I have two Scorpio friends. :shock:

i was very interested in tropical astrology for a while,

basically mine was sun in libra, moon in cancer and pisces ascendant. then theres that sidereal astrology which redraws the boundaries of each sign because the gregorian calendar no longer matches up with the observable constellations. and so many other varieties of astrology -- vedic, chinese -- i know nothing about. from what little i've learned its profound, but i don't put my faith in it nor do i consult it to make decisions.

I am a scorpio, moon in cancer, capricorn rising (I think)

Scorpio is the symbol of sex and Scorpios are passionate lovers, the most sensually energetic of all the signs. For them, union with the beloved is a sacrament, an "outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual grace.". Their overriding urge in loving is to use their power to penetrate beyond themselves and to lose themselves sexually in their partners in an almost mystical ecstasy, thus discovering the meaning of that union which is greater than individuality, and is a marriage of the spirit as well as of flesh. They are thus capable of the greatest heights of passionate transport, but debauchery and perversion are always dangers, and Scorpios can become sadistic monsters of sensuality and eroticism.

Apparently the entire sign is associated with sex?! O_o

"use their power to penetrate beyond themselves". Possibly the most disturbingly worded sentence in the English language.

I only beleive in astrology when the horoscopes in the paper say I am going to get a lot of money. Then when the day is done and I am not a penny richer, I lose faith in it again.

Until the next morning.

Archived