What's Your "Better Than Sex"?

temporalscavenger

Flying, especially the feeling you get when the plane takes off. It's the best feeling I've ever experienced and the ultimate bliss. :D

Also, sauna! It's just so incredibly relaxing.

Friday nights with a pizza from Gondolier and catching up on Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder on Hulu... now I'll have glee to watch after <3

Everybody's Watson

A deep conversation over a game of Boggle. :)

Not good music... amazing music that hypnotizes me is better than sex. Singing music like that is better. Drawing is better too; when I'm in the zone, I forget time exists and just get absorbed in the drawing/coloring [i prefer coloring, even if I'm not amazing at it haha].

A delicious meal or decadent dessert ... like a warm brownie sundae drizzled with hot fudge and peanut butter sauce. Mmmm.

Or watching one of my favorite TV shows or seeing a movie I've been excited about.

One more... playing with cute little puppies. That's the absolute best!

I still stick with cake...and chocolate. And taking care of my birds (and dog, when he lets me lol). Actually, I hold a lot of things as better than sex...video games, definitely, sitting on the couch watching tv...cuddling with my stuffed animals, not wanting to get out of bed...the list goes on!

Amoeba-Proteus

Anything. I feel like anything would be better than sex.

I'd rather eat a handful of dirt than have sex...

Working in the lab, because I love my work. Swimming, exercising, reading, drawing, painting... staring into space. There's an observatory about a 10 minute walk from my house, so sometimes me and a group go hunt for galaxies and other fun stuff. Playing/cuddling with my pets. Playing/writing music.

I could keep going but I'll stop there. ^_^

Late night drives are incredibly relaxing. (Especially if I do not have to get up early the next day.)

Video games!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Except, I like skipping the sex scenes, aha.)

Hmmm.. I'd say anything is better than sex (even standing in a puddle of water in the kitchen, in fresh socks) but if I could only choose *one* thing .. listening to a good audiobook while drawing :3

And if I had to choose something with my partner, a massage, definitely! Though anything is better with my partner than sex.. sex would absolutely ruin our fun :3

Cars, motorbikes, speedboats, planes, trains ......anything that moves fast and has an engine

Flying, especially the feeling you get when the plane takes off. It's the best feeling I've ever experienced and the ultimate bliss. :D

Also, sauna! It's just so incredibly relaxing.

I hate saunas, it's so hot and wet and I never quit got the point xD

Unless you're from a cold weather place, that is.

For me saunas are pretty indistinguishable from a hot summer day xD

Swimming and diving in a clear lake. :) The water was always like a dream world to me, I feel completely peaceful on a boat or taking a swim.

And of course animated movies, good singing, and cramming my mouth with food also make me very happy. But I'd live in water if I could.

Elegant Elephant

I agree with both science and cheese! I joke all the time that I need a cheese emoji on my phone to accurately express my love for something. Actually, that isn't really a joke.

I also have to add: BREAKFAST FOOD!!!!!

taxidermy and spooking people at night

Better than sex? A collection of memorable moments. Here are a few:

-Holding a baby, knowing you'll be an important part of an upcoming life (even if I'm not a parent).

-Watching the light of a cold winter day gradually die, then magically come to life again during a total solar eclipse.

-Running under the full moon on a snowy landscape, lit up like day.

-Scarier than sex, anyway, but still better: Feeling the ground lurch under you, then seeing how ridiculously flexible everything can be in the middle of a large earthquake.

-Witnessing a large volcanic eruption firsthand (Mount St. Helens, 1980) and seeing its wrath consume the entire sky.

-Being told "You're my best friend" by my cousin, even though there are 40 years between us.

And there are lots more on a more "everyday" scale.

Drawing cartoons, classical music, watching Columbo, and lollipops are all better than sex.

Going on a nice drive through nature. I personally like to try and hit every apex at speed. I've even screeched my tires a couple times.

Writing a HTML/CSS/Javascript code and it works on the first test. That feel *_*

Skippy Squirrel

Let me see if I can remember the entire list.

• Low-carb diets
  • Michael Moore
  • The Republic National Convention
  • Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products
  • High-def TV
  • The Bush daughters
  • Wireless hot spots
  • The OC
  • The UN
  • Recycling
  • Getting punked
  • Danny Gans
  • The Latin Grammys
  • The real Grammys
  • Jeff, that wiggle who sleeps too darn much
  • The Yankees' payroll
  • All the red states
  • All the blue states
  • Every hybrid car
  • Every talk show host
  • Everything on the planet
  • Everything in the solar system
  • Everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, ev-everything that exists - past, present and future in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions
  • Hugh Jackman

No, that's not the list of stuff that I care about as much as having sex, that's the list of stuff that I consider better than sex.

Elegant Elephant

Let me see if I can remember the entire list.

• Low-carb diets
  • Michael Moore
  • The Republic National Convention
  • Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products
  • High-def TV
  • The Bush daughters
  • Wireless hot spots
  • The OC
  • The UN
  • Recycling
  • Getting punked
  • Danny Gans
  • The Latin Grammys
  • The real Grammys
  • Jeff, that wiggle who sleeps too darn much
  • The Yankees' payroll
  • All the red states
  • All the blue states
  • Every hybrid car
  • Every talk show host
  • Everything on the planet
  • Everything in the solar system
  • Everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, ev-everything that exists - past, present and future in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions
  • Hugh Jackman

No, that's not the list of stuff that I care about as much as having sex, that's the list of stuff that I consider better than sex.

Percival Cox is my goddamn hero and bless you for this post.

A strenuous workout to muscle failure followed by a very long, very hot shower. All the physical exhaustion and sweating, none of the guilt or needing to cuddle afterwards. Perfect.

When you know you're so damn good at something that others can't even get on your level, and you just can't help but be smug. Yeah that feeling is pretty non-sexually orgasmic.

Archived