Anyone ever feel Cuddle Lust?

Wyrmcraft

byanyotherusername

That's why I identify as a "romantic." --- love of touch, cuddles, hugging, kissing.

However, I don't think I'd feel comfortable cuddling with a stranger or a woman with whom I wasn't involved romantically.

Many romantic people only feel comfortable with cuddling and other types of touch in their romantic relationships, so you definitely are not alone. But keep in mind that all of the types of touch you describe can be desired by aromantic people, and may be present in nonromantic relationships between people of any (a)romantic orientation--friendships, family relationships, queerplatonic relationships, etc. I am aromantic and I love all of the activities you just listed. :)

In a word: yes.

But I also have a huge fricking issue with people cuddling me. I have to be the one to initiate contact, unless I really trust them (which only a few people, pretty much none of which want to cuddle), and I very rarely do for cuddles because I don't get the reciprocation I'm craving.

Certified Cake Decorator

I wish i had a cuddle buddy, i get cuddle horny all the time. I have 2 body pillows though, so that kinda helps... A little. Its not the same though.

I've been feeling like this all night. I wonder if my housemate would feel weirded out if I just start inching closer to her in the living room...

Ricecream-man

In a word: yes.

But I also have a huge fricking issue with people cuddling me. I have to be the one to initiate contact, unless I really trust them (which only a few people, pretty much none of which want to cuddle), and I very rarely do for cuddles because I don't get the reciprocation I'm craving.

:(

I hope you find a cuddle buddy! Darn planet being so big and aces being so far apart.

I'm definitely a cuddle addict. I'm famous among my friends for giving teddy bear hugs. I don't think I'd want to have a full-on cuddle session with anyone unless I was in a relationship with them with the exception of my gramma who has passed away. I have a large collection of plushies, and when I'm in the house by myself, you will usually find me with at least one teddy bear in my arms, usually the bear who inspired my username.

I'm glad so many people feel the same way. I could really go for cuddles right now, I get these the worst at night when I am trying to go to sleep. I just want someone to cuddle next to in the cold, that's all. Some body heat and some comfort.

I hope everyone finds someone they can cuddle with conveniently and constantly, I know I want to find that more than anything right now.

:(

I hope you find a cuddle buddy! Darn planet being so big and aces being so far apart.

Tell me about it. It's proper depressing to think about.

finally someone puts it into a suitable term ive hd it for years to the point i think im kinda starved for it

i even have to hug/cuddle something just to go to sleep (i guess thats what you get for sleeping with a little doll most of your life) its so bad that quite often ill end up cuddling my blanket or pillow :wacko:

and sadly i dont think im gonna find someone to have cuddles with any time soon <_<

Everybody's Watson

Absolutely. Can be with my SO and can be with a close friend, but I do get cuddle lust. Thank you for giving it a name. :)

I love cuddles!! I crave them but only from the people who have broken through my "don't touch me" wall first. Mainly my two dearest friends... Sadly I want cuddles a lot and languish without them but my two cuddle buddies are so far away... :(

Same! Craving cuddles and having the "don't touch me wall" is a bit of a problem. :'D

I feel you. My cuddle buddy called me the other day and bragged about fining a new girlfriend. I'm afraid my dose of cuddles, platonic hand-holding and platonic kisses on the forehead will be drastically reduced. :(

On occasion, but not with random folk. Got hugged by one of those charity folk in the street the other day and got quite spooked by it.

I can so relate! I get so cuddle-starved sometimes! The biggest downside for me is that the person that I feel most comfortable with to randomly cuddle is my mom, but I'm abroad for school, so I haven't been able to get any mom-cuddles since summer. Add to that, that I will generally only be willing to cuddle with someone after I've known them awhile (I always fear that I'm accidentally going to cross some social boundary when it comes to what sort of physical contact is appropriate for certain levels of closeness in a relationship), and I haven't really been in one place long enough to really get comfortable enough with many of my friends to ask for cuddles, it just leaves me cuddle-starved.

Which is incredibly unfortunate because things like hugging and cuddling actually helps fight depression, so when I've gone too long without affectionate physical contact I start on a downward spiral.

At least my family will be coming out for a visit/vacation in a few months. Maybe I can try and store up some reserves of hugging and cuddles so that the last part of the school year doesn't get too bad!

I can so relate! I get so cuddle-starved sometimes! The biggest downside for me is that the person that I feel most comfortable with to randomly cuddle is my mom, but I'm abroad for school, so I haven't been able to get any mom-cuddles since summer. Add to that, that I will generally only be willing to cuddle with someone after I've known them awhile (I always fear that I'm accidentally going to cross some social boundary when it comes to what sort of physical contact is appropriate for certain levels of closeness in a relationship), and I haven't really been in one place long enough to really get comfortable enough with many of my friends to ask for cuddles, it just leaves me cuddle-starved.

Which is incredibly unfortunate because things like hugging and cuddling actually helps fight depression, so when I've gone too long without affectionate physical contact I start on a downward spiral.

At least my family will be coming out for a visit/vacation in a few months. Maybe I can try and store up some reserves of hugging and cuddles so that the last part of the school year doesn't get too bad!

i can relate to the not knowing if i might cross a boundary so my huggs and such tend to be super short so everyone must think im scared of them or something when really i dont want to risk hugging for to long and makeing them feel awkward :wacko:

WoodwindWhistler

There is a term that's emerging called "skin hunger."

http://everything2.com/user/arianne/writeups/Skin+hunger

"The elderly, the disabled and the very ill, aka the "Untouchables", are at greatest risk of touch deprivation."

Broke my heart!! An old lady at my church said to me, "wow, you're a good hugger" and I highly suspect what she meant was, I didn't want to immediately pull away after a few seconds like most people. How can anyone be "bad" at hugging?? Another said kind of sadly, "can I hug you again? I need all the love I can get." T_T Thanks, I didn't need my feelings intact anyway. I can tell when I get my nursing degree I'm going to make a lot of old people in assisted living very happy. My family has a legacy of it anyway- my dad was busily helping several old ladies on his street and that caring was part of what attracted my mom to him. I only wonder what type of stupid "policies" there may be about touching patients too much.

"Cuddle parties" (I'm a bit obsessed about going to one) focus on differentiating the need for sex from the need to be held. Most people do not recognize that they are two different things, and that they could be agreeing to one, which has many potential dangers, in order to get the other, which doesn't.

That's why I identify as a "romantic." --- love of touch, cuddles, hugging, kissing.

However, I don't think I'd feel comfortable cuddling with a stranger or a woman with whom I wasn't involved romantically.

Many romantic people only feel comfortable with cuddling and other types of touch in their romantic relationships, so you definitely are not alone. But keep in mind that all of the types of touch you describe can be desired by aromantic people, and may be present in nonromantic relationships between people of any (a)romantic orientation--friendships, family relationships, queerplatonic relationships, etc. I am aromantic and I love all of the activities you just listed. :)

Another aromantic sensual and cuddler here. *raises hand* "Romantic" emotions about a person are far and away from desire to physically cuddle, at least in my exploration of the terms. I also personally think the difference between sensuality and cuddling is one is active and the other more or less passive. *shrug*

nah, not really? the closest thing is when i suddenly have a want to spend time with my partner, because he's one of the few people i can be myself around and talk to without lying every other word. but nothing like what OP said. i'm not super touchy (though i don't mind it, partner is.)

littlepersonparadox

SOmetimes i'll get feelings of being what I like to call "cuddle-deprived" when all i want is to cuddle my partner.

SOmetimes i'll get feelings of being what I like to call "cuddle-deprived" when all i want is to cuddle my partner.

I had major 'cuddle lust' today! Still do currently but the best thing at work is a cardboard box.

I WANT SQUISHY LPP

Finally a word to describe how I feel! There's just days where I feel the need to just cuddle or be kissed and I don't have anyone that I share an emotional connection with that can be there for me when I need it.

littlepersonparadox

I had major 'cuddle lust' today! Still do currently but the best thing at work is a cardboard box.

I WANT SQUISHY LPP

The cuddles just keep comeing!

DaughterofGod's

Yeah I always get this insane urge to cuddle around friends but they don't seem to like cuddling so I end up being cuddle-deprived. Cuddling reminds me of puppies! :D

a-happyhippie

I call it cuddle cravings XD

BUT I TOTALLY RELATE :cake:

Cuddle cravings omg. That's what I'm calling it from now on. X)

But yes I totally feel and this is me 100%.

I've been in need for cuddles for my whole life. Cuddles are my cure for almost everything sad and bad that happens in my life. I am a cuddleholic :) No. No. Not that much for sure. But I do need it.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, i feel this all the time, got me in trouble at college, but i want to hug everyone in sight, I also have cuddle lust and all that

Archived