Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

TW! Eating Disorders

Please read the OP first  

1 member has voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you have an eating disorder(s)?

• Yes, diagnosed
    • Yes, undiagnosed
    • I'm not sure
    • No I have never had an eating disorder
    • Not exactly, I have fought my eating disorder and now maintain healthy eating habbits
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you have, or suspect you have, any of the followinng?

• Bulimia Nervosa
    • Bulimia (not bulimia nervosa)
    • Anorexia Nervosa
    • Anorexia (not anorexia nervosa)
    • Binge Eating Disorder
    • Night eating syndrome
    • Purging disorder
    • Compulsive over eating
    • Sugar addiction
    • Other eating disorder
    • None of the above
  3. 3. How healthy would you say your eating patterns are?

• 1. Very unhealthy
    • 2. Somewhat unhealthy
    • 3. Fairly normal
    • 4. Somewhat healthier than normal
    • 5. Very healthy
    • Prefer not to answer
  4. 4. Pick the one that you feel is most accurate for you

• I am overweight and often feel thinner than I am
    • I am overweight and often feel fatter than I am
    • I am overweight and I think my body image matches the reality fairly closely
    • I am of average weight and often feel fatter than I am
    • I am of average weight and often feel thinner than I am
    • I am of average weight and I think my body image matches the reality fairly closely
    • I am underweight and often feel thinner than I am
    • I am underweight and often feel fatter than I am
    • I am underweight and I think my body image matches the reality fairly closely
    • Other
    • Prefer not to answer/Don't understand the question

kelico

I said "I'm not sure" about having a disorder, although I suspect I have a sugar addiction. I really am addicted to sweets...chocolate, especially. I can't go very long without having something sweet. :blush: My weight is slightly over- but it doesn't concern me too much, sometimes.

Wayfarer

I have an eating disorder, but undiagnosed. For the past 6 years, I have never felt hungry, or the need to eat. Some months I live fine, when I feel good I can remember to eat regularly. When I feel bad, I often don't eat, either because I forget, or because I don't notice I should eat, or because a multitude of not-wanting-to-eat feelings. I'm trying to get better, because I know this is not good, but it is difficult.

luxurieux

I'm overweight and I very often feel much fatter than I am.

I struggled with an eating disorder between ages 13-15 and I dropped about 50 lbs in about 9 months. Which isn't that crazy, but I did so by not eating breakfast or lunch and only eating one plate of food at dinner because I didn't want my parents to know what I was doing. And I couldn't get away with not eating on weekends either. But the struggle was very real. I got down to a healthy weight and I still hated myself. Now I look at pictures from that time in my life and I think "damn, I looked good." But it's a shame that I couldn't even appreciate it when I was at that weight. I ended up plateauing for about three months and slowly started to gain the weight back. I'm pretty much back at the weight I was before it started, but it's taken years to finally start getting past that disordered thinking. I'm still working on it. About a month ago I thought I was going to slip up. I didn't eat for almost two days because of exams and papers and stress, etc., and the hunger pains made me remember how good it felt to see the numbers on the scale drop. I started remembering the mantra "hunger hurts, but starving works."

Luckily, I got past it, but sometimes I can't help but think about how easy it would be to go back. (Even if it wouldn't be easy. I don't have the same willpower as I did, now that I'm 20 and don't hate myself as much as I did.)

Salmacis

I seem to have the whole works when it comes to eating disorders (if that's possible and doesn't make me sound like an attention seeker...). ;) I have depression (diagnosed), and I fluctuate between days of deliberate near starvation and obsessive exercise due to an irrational desire to be skinny, and then days of thoughtless binging for the short-term comfort that sugar brings me (even though I've been told by my GP that I need to cut down on sugar, as diabetes runs in my family). When I binge, sometimes I feel guilty and purge afterwards, but recently I've stopped doing that as I've noticed that the more I purge, the more intense my sugar cravings become. I have gained a bit of weight but I'm still in the 'healthy range' for BMI (166cm and 56-59kg).

Larien

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator