I'm creating an asexuality quiz!

butterscotchwm

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I took the quiz back when you first made this thread, and got results that worked, but I just took it again and got results that I feel are pretty much spot-on. Awesome work :)

Results:

• Asexual: 280
  • Grey Asexual: 37
  • Demisexual: 15
  • Lithsexual: 10
  • Allo/Non-A: -45

I took the quiz and I thought it was quite good! Question 11 really got me thinking about what attraction meant, which was nice. I wasn't sure whether to answer "most of the time" or "90-100%" - I picked "most of the time" and it put me down as Grey (112), Ace (82), which is interesting, cause I identify as maybe 95% ace, 5% grey, or a very very light shade of grey, or something.

Some feedback on the questions:

Question 10 on "when you first learned about it" I find a little tricky. I ticked D because when I first saw it, I thought that "maybe this fits...", but as I read more and more about it, I thought that "this fits really well". I suspect I got a higher grey score because I picked that option, but that's just because at the time, I didn't have a very well-defined idea of my own sexuality (so I couldn't say this fits 100%).

In Question 5 I thought the answers were a bit stilted. D was pretty obviously "I'm lith" and C was pretty obviously "I'm demi", but I think even if I were demi that's not something I'd actually think at the time. Maybe you could change the demi part to "I get the bits when they're talking about people they know well, but I can't relate to it when they talk about random strangers..." (I'm demiromantic, and that's my reaction to a lot of conversations about romance.)

butterscotchwm

!!UPDATE!!

Well, it's not a big update, but I've read everyone's responses and made a few changes. First, I got rid of the sexual innuendo question, because enough people decided that it wasn't necessary. Second, I changed the wording of a couple questions/answers because I think some people got confused... I might go back and rephrase a few more questions because after coming back to this a week later, some of the questions/answers seem pretty wordy.

Anyways, thanks again for all your help!

In other news, I was working registration at Anime LA 2015 this weekend! It was pretty awesome :) I really need to start going to more conventions...

butterscotchwm

I took the quiz and I thought it was quite good! Question 11 really got me thinking about what attraction meant, which was nice. I wasn't sure whether to answer "most of the time" or "90-100%" - I picked "most of the time" and it put me down as Grey (112), Ace (82), which is interesting, cause I identify as maybe 95% ace, 5% grey, or a very very light shade of grey, or something.

Question 11 was a little difficult for me, too - both writing it and answering it. Because on the one hand, I am trying to get people to think about what sexual attraction means to them, but on the other hand I think some asexual people are getting confused with that one, because the question is what sexual attraction is to YOU and how YOU experience it. If you don't experience it, then you should answer accordingly. Yes, you could have your own definition of it, but if you don't actually experience it, then the question doesn't apply to you. I've re-worded that question to make it a little more clear...

Maybe I should make another question like it except the opposite - what does asexuality mean to you, if you experience it.

Hmm.. well if you identify as like 95% ace, then you probably should have picked "90-100% of the time!" It's a pretty heavily graded question, because it directly relates to asexuality, and it's towards the end of the quiz which means the quiz taker has had some time to reflect on themselves and decide the best answer. It could totally change your score, actually... If ace was in the lead by like 30-50 points, and you answered a non-ace answer for that question, grey or even allosexual could beat it. But there's no pressure, because if you don't like your results you can always take it again!

Question 10 on "when you first learned about it" I find a little tricky. I ticked D because when I first saw it, I thought that "maybe this fits...", but as I read more and more about it, I thought that "this fits really well". I suspect I got a higher grey score because I picked that option, but that's just because at the time, I didn't have a very well-defined idea of my own sexuality (so I couldn't say this fits 100%).

In Question 5 I thought the answers were a bit stilted. D was pretty obviously "I'm lith" and C was pretty obviously "I'm demi", but I think even if I were demi that's not something I'd actually think at the time. Maybe you could change the demi part to "I get the bits when they're talking about people they know well, but I can't relate to it when they talk about random strangers..." (I'm demiromantic, and that's my reaction to a lot of conversations about romance.)

Question 10? Yeah I understand that.... When I first learned about it, I didn't really know if it would apply to me, because I assumed asexual meant that you weren't attracted to anyone at all in any way shape or form. I'm romantically, aesthetically, and sometimes sensually attracted to male individuals, so I figured I couldn't be asexual. But when I learned the difference between all the different types of attractions it became much more clear to me, and I was like "OH! Then I'm definitely asexual!!" So I might reword some of the answers to that question.

Question 5: I've already reworded some of the answers. I guess they were a bit stilted because I was just going off of what I knew as an asexual person who's never experienced sexual attraction. I'm not exactly sure what a demi, gray, or lith would think. I know lith is about "not wanting reciprocation" so I figured the word "reciprocate" was important. I'm actually considering just removing the lith answer to the question, because literally NO ONE in the 250+ people that have taken this quiz have scored as lith as their first option. But I guess I should keep it there, because maybe lithsexual is more of a secondary thing as supposed to a primary orientation....

crazypimpernelfan

I like this quiz (I mean REALLY like it. It's awesome!!), but it only gave me one result: gray-asexual. Did anybody else get one result or is it just me? O_o

I like this quiz (I mean REALLY like it. It's awesome!!), but it only gave me one result: gray-asexual. Did anybody else get one result or is it just me? O_o

He's changed the quiz up. It used to give a bar chart but now it only gives the answer with the highest rating.

crazypimpernelfan

He's changed the quiz up. It used to give a bar chart but now it only gives the answer with the highest rating.

Oh! Okay, got'cha. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I only got Asexual as the result, now I understand it's because the test was changed.

Too bad, I would have liked to see how much I scored on the other options.

• 3 weeks later...
Screwball52

Don't use the term "like" when referring to sexually attracted. Make sure the users know the difference between sexually attracted to and romantically attracted to. I have tried a couple of those quizzes they all said I wasn't asexual because they didn't make that difference clear. I'm Heteroromantic Asexual, just saying "like" confuses the crap out of me. You most likely didnt, but i didnt stop to read context, I was that frustrated with other quizzes. Yours was ost likely awesome.

Confused_buthappy

I think it's a good quiz. 7/10. I'd add more of the "I'm not sure what sexual attraction is" questions.

Surprisingly, I got... Asexual! :P But I kinda wish it still gave the bar chart, just for comparison's sake.

• 2 weeks later...
verily-forsooth-egads

Yes, please do bring back the bar graph. It helps tremendously in giving context to the results. I want an analysis, not a definition.

Asexy Void

I got Asexual. :3 I was hoping for the list in the older version, though.

I was hoping for the list in the older version, though.

The list would be fascinating.

I scored Asexual, knew it

Very good quiz too :)

• 5 months later...

I liked the quiz but it's only giving me one result. Do I need to do something to see how I did in the other categories?

Edit: never mind I didn't read the previous comments, I thought it was something only happening to me.

• 5 weeks later...
Awkward JoJoeh

Here's how I fared with this one:

A lithsexual is someone who does experience sexual attraction, but has no desire for that attraction to be reciprocated. Perhaps you, or other friends have wondered if you are just "too scared" to have sex, or that you just need to get over something. Maybe some people thought your behaviors related to religious beliefs. Whatever the case, you are not the only one! It is perfectly fine to feel attraction without feeling the desire for it to be reciprocated.

The results I got from another test was that I was Demisexual/Gray-A. Both are pretty accurate...

I've got demisexual and it's accurate. But I don't really like the connection between sexual attraction and having/wanting to have sex in this quiz. I'm sex-favorable and I can have sex not only with sexually attractive people so I'm afraid the second option for me in this quiz would be allosexual. I picked a lot of those answers that seem the most allosexual (like: not wanting to be in a relationship without sex; "can I join" to a conversation about sex; that partnered sex is amazing and so one). I don't really see how those questions are defining my orientation because they aren't really connected to my sexual attraction.
But that's just my opinion and I usually find it hard for myself to do any quizes, questionnaires, etc. becuase I'm not only demisexual, but also sex-favorable (and not only with sexually attractive people).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i was really looking forward to the bar graph :( But otherwise it got me thinking a lot while trying to answer the questions, they were pretty great

Archived