I'm creating an asexuality quiz!

butterscotchwm

butterscotchwm

This is going to be a quiz that basically acts like a personality quiz. I created this because I wanted a good, solid quiz that could accurately give people an indication as to whether or not they are asexual (if they are confused), and it would also serve as a good learning tool for those who are not asexual.

The different results are:

- Asexual

- Demi-Sexual

- Grey-Asexual

- Lithsexual

- and Allosexual

You will get more than one result, because this quiz surveys your answers and comes up with the top three possible results that can help you decide what you want to label yourself.

The test is built on the principle that describing sexual feelings is more reliable than talking about past behaviors when deciding sexual orientation. It doesn't ask questions about, ie, "what you like during sex" - only what you are attracted to. All questions are unbiased to experienced and inexperienced people. It is also unbiased towards gay, straight, bi, pan, trans, ect. You answer 12 questions, and it's graded on a point system. Some answers in which I consider more important or influential get more heavily graded...

I've gotten pretty far, but I have yet to add my own original art. So it's still under construction. I also need to get feedback from people.

TAKE MY QUIZ!

And let me know what you think? Any suggestions? Any bugs?

Thanks, guys!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// EDIT////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So many of you guys have taken it, and I REALLY appreciate the feedback! I'm learning a lot myself as I'm making this. For those of you who have taken it, you're aware that the results you get may look something like this:

(These are my results as of right now:)

MyAceQuizResults.png

Notice how it says that basically I have 250 points for Asexual, and 60 points for Grey / Gray Asexual. It also says that I'm 10 points Lith. Now lets say that I'm %100 certain that I'm not Grey or Lith at ALL. Why did I get these scores? Well, the test isn't giving you a percentage, or LITERALLY telling you that you are part Grey or Lith. The fact is, some of the answers to each question give a couple points to more than one answer.

For example:

AceQuizGradingEx.png

The question was: "You see a new person who looks physically attractive. How do you usually feel around these sorts of people?"

That answer choice was: "Well! That person is aesthetically pleasing, and they have admirable physical qualities. Maybe I'll look at them for a bit and move on."

That answer could be chosen by more than one type of person for different reasons. The quiz basically looks at it and says, "Ok! This is most likely an asexual who experiences aesthetic attraction regularly, but it could also be a grey/gray who experiences aesthetic attraction regularly, or a demi-sexual who experiences aesthetic attraction to strangers regularly."

So then the quiz will give at least a few points to each. It grades more heavily towards ace, but if you answer more questions that grade heavily towards grey or demi, you're more likely to get either of those two... So therefore, don't worry about the quiz results saying that you scored a lot of points in other categories. Obviously, the quiz can't read your mind, so it's just trying to find the top possibilities based on the answers that you gave.

I know it's kinda complicated, but asexuality is complicated! Again, thanks for the feedback, and I hope this clears up some things :)

Worked for me. I like how it doesn't just give you one result.

I scored as "asexual" (as I'd expect), however, I don't think the masturbation question is relevant and would take it out. I definitely like the disclaimer that a quiz can't decide or "diagnose" one's sexual orientation.

Well, it's neat you've gone out there and given it a shot.

I think the questions where you do indeed describe feelings are better than those when you don't. I agree with another poster that the masturbation question is probably not the best to have.

I also think that q5 is too simplistic. I flick between being clueless until someone giggles to getting the point right away just because it's a common innuendo i've heard many times before.

I thought it was pretty good. For my results I got...

Asexual: 330

Gray Asexual: 30

Demi-Sexual: 5

Lithosexual: 0

Allosexual: -80

I honestly laughed at these results because it's so true. :lol: Thanks for the quiz, I enjoyed it!

It's pretty good.

I scored demisexual and grey asexual as my top 2 which is quite accurate as I identify as grey-demisexual.

butterscotchwm

Ok, so far I'm getting that the masturbation questions is too irrelevant, which I understand. There are asexuals who like to masturbate, and sex-repulsed allosexuals who don't. It was not a question that was heavily scored to begin with (if you answered "true - I think masturbation is boring/pointless" is scored you a few points for asexual/gray-a/demi. But the "false" answer as zero effect.

I will take it out!

I also understand that some of the asexual answers are a little biased towards sex-repulsed asexuals (since I myself am a sex-repulsed asexual). I'll add answers that represent non-sex repulsed asexuals.

Thanks for your input, guys! This helps a lot! :)

mywoundedknee

I have a feeling some people may be uncomfortable on taking the quiz if their name is required first, but I don't know the full context in which the quiz is going to be used, however I thought the quiz was pretty good.

Yo, I took the quiz and thought it summed me up pretty good :)

Just one suggestion: I'd not heard of the Trevor Project (I'm British) so maybe consider editing that question slightly so it's more general.

Also, one question - maybe say why we put our names in, and if they'll be used/shown anywhere.

Cheers :) xx

Just one suggestion: I'd not heard of the Trevor Project (I'm British) so maybe consider editing that question slightly so it's more general.

Also, one question - maybe say why we put our names in, and if they'll be used/shown anywhere.

Yeah, I haven't heard of the Trevor Project, either, and I just used my AVEN username, although I debated making up a completely different name for it.

butterscotchwm

I have a feeling some people may be uncomfortable on taking the quiz if their name is required first, but I don't know the full context in which the quiz is going to be used, however I thought the quiz was pretty good.

I agree... I actually didn't know that there was an option to not have to give a name. But I just found an option to take it out, so I did.

My apologies! I thought the Trevor Project was universal. I'll think about changing the question...

It's great you're listening to feedback :) Like others have said, it's good that there's more than one answer and that it's not definite. I think it will help those who are questioning xx

Just took it! I thought it was pretty good. I got asexual first...by a huuuge margin, then gray-. Lol. I got an accurate result! Nice job and good luck with it! : )

butterscotchwm

I shall take it now, but I wanted to say that I believe it's "lithsexual," not "lithosexual." : ) Although I've seen some people mix it up as well. But I'm pretty sure lith- is the prefix, not litho-.

Interesting! I always thought it was lithosexual and lithoromantic... Thanks for correcting me.

I like that I got asexual as my top result, but lith and demi were up there too, following closely behind...since I'm still not too sure about what I am. And I really, really like that well thought-out point system!

Only problem was with Question 4, because I have this situation where I'm a little experienced, but I still identify as asexual. So, even though I have some weird stories about sex, I won't tell them casually because of the fact that I might seem hyper-sexual when I'm the opposite! I feel like they're part of me, so I might share with my closest friends, but they're also a bit traumatic for me and I'm not sure I want them to be part of me....meh. So, anyway, that's why I didn't know what to say. I don't like talking about sex, but I do have things to say....ehh that might be the only question that was a little experience-biased to me.

Other than that, awesome quiz!! Thanks for making this! :D

butterscotchwm

I like that I got asexual as my top result, but lith and demi were up there too, following closely behind...since I'm still not too sure about what I am. And I really, really like that well thought-out point system!

Only problem was with Question 4, because I have this situation where I'm a little experienced, but I still identify as asexual. So, even though I have some weird stories about sex, I won't tell them casually because of the fact that I might seem hyper-sexual when I'm the opposite! I feel like they're part of me, so I might share with my closest friends, but they're also a bit traumatic for me and I'm not sure I want them to be part of me....meh. So, anyway, that's why I didn't know what to say. I don't like talking about sex, but I do have things to say....ehh that might be the only question that was a little experience-biased to me.

Other than that, awesome quiz!! Thanks for making this! :D

Thanks for your input! Man... asexuals are pretty complicated, aren't they? That's why I need all this feedback to make a good quiz.

I shall take it now, but I wanted to say that I believe it's "lithsexual," not "lithosexual." : ) Although I've seen some people mix it up as well. But I'm pretty sure lith- is the prefix, not litho-.

Interesting! I always thought it was lithosexual and lithoromantic... Thanks for correcting me.

Yeah, no problem. : ) Maybe it could be either way, but I tend to see it without the o. You could always use both like lith-/litho-sexual.

I thought the questions themselves were okay. But the dots on the screen background were a little annoying. In particular the page that shows your results is difficult to read in some places when you scroll down.

butterscotchwm

These are my scores. I am not lithsexual. At all. ??

Lithsexual 85

Allosexual! 50

Grey, or Gray Asexual 43

Demi-Sexual 35

Asexual -52

Interesting. I'll check your results and see where anything went wrong. If there are any other details you're willing to give me, go ahead! I want to make this quiz as accurate as possible for everyone...

EDIT: I tweaked the questions a bit, since I realized some of the answers were too heavily graded in favor of lithsexuals. To be honest, you're the first allosexual / sexual person to take this quiz, so obviously there was work to be done in that area! Thanks for your input!

Great questions, and it gave me the right 'nondiagnosis' :D of ace

A couple of things, re: the questions about relationships, I'm aro, and touch-repulsed, and not looking even for a platonic relationship at this point, so I found those questions (no. 2 and 7) a bit harder - maybe another option of 'I don't want none of your partnering'? :) Also I got a grey rating of 32 - is this from the getting rude jokes question, do you think? 'Cos I get and make rude jokes, part of living in a hetero-normative way for so long, but I'm not grey! At all!

But great job, you've covered things well, and I think it's a really great way to intro newbies to the possibilities!

These are my scores. I am not lithsexual. At all. ??

Lithsexual 85

Allosexual! 50

Grey, or Gray Asexual 43

Demi-Sexual 35

Asexual -52

Interesting. I'll check your results and see where anything went wrong. If there are any other details you're willing to give me, go ahead! I want to make this quiz as accurate as possible for everyone...

EDIT: I tweaked the questions a bit, since I realized some of the answers were too heavily graded in favor of lithsexuals. To be honest, you're the first allosexual / sexual person to take this quiz, so obviously there was work to be done in that area! Thanks for your input!

Cool!
butterscotchwm

Great questions, and it gave me the right 'nondiagnosis' :D of ace

A couple of things, re: the questions about relationships, I'm aro, and touch-repulsed, and not looking even for a platonic relationship at this point, so I found those questions (no. 2 and 7) a bit harder - maybe another option of 'I don't want none of your partnering'? :) Also I got a grey rating of 32 - is this from the getting rude jokes question, do you think? 'Cos I get and make rude jokes, part of living in a hetero-normative way for so long, but I'm not grey! At all!

But great job, you've covered things well, and I think it's a really great way to intro newbies to the possibilities!

Good suggestions! I didn't think about the ace/aros who don't want partnership at all... Thanks for bringing it up!

Also, your grey-rating is probably from more questions than just that one. The rude jokes one isn't graded very heavily (you should have only gotten 5 points grey from that). You don't have to worry too much about the grey rating, because there are actually a lot of questions that will give you points for more than one category, because after thinking about it a lot, a lot of different people could have the same answer for a question, but just for different reasons.

I like the amount of activity on this thread and the push for a better quiz. I decided to take the quiz again and am happy to say that it came out with what I think is a much more accurate representation: 72 ace, 12 grey. Nice work!

I found the quiz very interesting, I got the right answer.

There is just one thing that you may want to change : not everyone experiences aesthetic attraction to strangers or celebrities (I'm one if these persons, I can't say if someone is cute or looks attractive in general), or even aesthetic attraction at all. Question 1 was a little bit hard to answer accurately for me, so I answered F.

Archived