I want to write a book.. but in the meanwhile...

LostPenguin

I consider myself an author, though an unpublished one, and I've often thought about writing a book about my own personal experience with asexuality. I'd seriously consider starting on it except I'm afraid I'm one of the few asexuals who still hides in 'the closet'. I'm still not entirely sure why, although I think one of the biggest parts of it is that I don't want to embarass any potential significant others. The way I look at it, if my SO is actually willing to be with me despite the fact that there's no sex involved, and if the world's so persistent in telling males that they're not as cool or their relationship sucks if they're not getting any, why do that?

Anyway, I'm still considering the concept, and I'm ever so pleased to hear about the 20/20 bits. But in the meanwhile, I've opened a blog explicitly about my view of life and daily happenings. Though I originally intended (and still partially intend) for it to entail things about life around me on every level, my first few posts have proven to be almost entirely about asexuality. Then again, asexuality effects me on every level and in every facet, so I suppose that's understandable. New things will arise eventually, but I thought it might be an interesting practice run for a book and that people around here might like to take a peek at it. You can find it at http://the-mutt.blogspot.com. Thanks!

(and if by any chance I've posted this in the wrong place or it's inappropriate for this forum... Just let me know and boot this off the face of the web. I understand entirely.)

• 3 months later...

Good luck and :cake:

(another closeted as-yet unpublished asexual author- revising two novels with a third in the planning stages)

• 2 weeks later...

LostPenguin - v. interesting blog, held my attention (and i dont often read autobio-) I'm a fairly well published asexual author: I wish you well, and am happy to offer polite, informed, non-authoritarian advice - cheers!

Hey, thanks, Islander9! ^_^ I'm always glad to hear that my writing is appreciated, no matter what the subject material. The book I was working on hasn't been worked on in a while, but since it was being driven by a good deal of unhappiness and panic regarding my asexuality, I may have to rework it a bit or at least try to tap into what was driving me in the first place to want to write it. But anyway, thank you. :D

• 2 months later...

Blogs can become books :)

I know what you mean because I'm about to put on this play I wrote that's reeeallly personal...I'm sort of worried about it but I think at the end of the day...people respect that kind of stuff. So you should do it!

Lol, this is the kind of pep-talk I give myself! :wink:

Archived