When Did You Find Out...?

AcerGirlM

When Did You Find Out?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. When did you find out about asexuality?

• Younger than 13
    • 13-18
    • 19-24
    • 25-30
    • Older than 30
  2. 2. How did you find out about asexuality?

• Parents
    • Friends
    • I heard it somewhere
    • I found AVEN
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Anthracite_Impreza

My classmates actually made up the word to describe me during a biology lesson! Being the curious person I am when I got home I researched it and found it had already been invented >.<

Death-G-Reaper

That silly Tumblr post about "Asexual Pirates aren't interested in your Booty"

chuckylover911

I was 16 and I found out about it through fanfiction.

• 2 weeks later...
gayasanaro

My friend popped her head out of the bathroom in our hotel room and said "I'm gray-a."

Autumn Season

Heard the term from my dating partner, who described his friend's girlfriend this way in a joking manner. (Thank you.)

AlwaysADreamer

I first heard about asexuality when I was about 14 or 15. We had an GLBQT panel for health class at my high school (the panel consisted of students from the university two towns over). There was an asexual person on this panel. I think most of the class was confused.

GoosePeelings

Found it online, can't remember when and where exactly. I was maybe 15-16.

• 3 weeks later...
Shy Pixel Ghost

I first learned about asexuality on tumblr within the past year. However, I think the first instance that I was ever exposed to the idea was when I watched this episode of House when I was much younger that had an asexual couple in it. Though I remember being disappointed in the end when neither character ended up being asexual with one having a medical condition that caused his asexuality and the other just pretending. I haven't thought about it again until recently when I started to learn about asexualtiy from tumblr and begining to wonder if it might fit me.

MarieIsEatingTacobell

God, I wish I could tell you when I found out about asexuality but I cannot pin point where I learned it from. I already knew about it casually in high school.

I was 12 when I first heard about asexuality, but was basically given the definition of aromantic. I was 16 when I learnt what asexuality really was, from a video on YouTube.

StygianSoul

I always knew I wasn't like my sexual friends, but I didn't have a word for it. I actually found the word for it from a YouTube video, and a quick Google search led me to AVEN. I only joined recently, but I've identified as ace for nearly a year now.

• 5 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived