Ever Thought About It...?

AcerGirlM

Would You?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you change your sexuality? (if you could)

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I never thought about it

This poll is closed to new votes

Definitely not.

There was a time when I wanted to, but now I've pretty much fully accepted the fact that I am asexual. I realized that being asexual is just a part of who I am, and I worry that if I were sexual I wouldn't be fully "me" anymore, if that makes sense.

I'm happy enough the way I am, and although changing my orientation might solve some problems, it would probably create new ones as well.

No because if I did then I wouldn't be me. I'd be someone different. I love who I am despite my many flaws.

At this point in my life I wouldn't bother; however, if I could go back in time to when I was just hitting puberty, I probably would opt to become a sexual. It may have made my teen and college years a lot easier to deal with (but then again, maybe not...), and also my younger post college life. Especially since no one had ever heard of asexuality back then and life could be a monumental struggle, much more so that it often is now with more visibility.

I would. One, I like new things. Two, it would be one less thing to deal with on the days where I have negative thoughts about it (though few and far between, these are the bad days in general, so one less thing to worry about would be nice). Three, I would no longer feel guilty for having an active libdo. (Yes, I know, but still.)

drjohnhwatson

I have thought about it, yes. And as to the poll, I chose "maybe". I think it might be easier to be "normal" and straight, or at the very least to be sexual but open to any person under the sun. For now...though...it's all right being asexual, I suppose.

:wacko:.

Nope. I wouldn't change because I like being ace. I do however wish there were more knowledge/visibility for us out there.

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

In a way I think things might be easier if I wasn't repulsed and aro, then again, maybe not

Since I know who I am (so my sexuality)

I really don't want to change it. I am who I am. And my sexuality is part of me.

Vivaldi Ives

I wouldn't (unless maybe I had the opportunity to become a "normal" sexual for a day or two just to see what it's like).

I've been a loner for much of my life (few true friends, and never had a romantic partner so far) and while sometimes I feel like something is "wrong" with me for being "different" (i.e. asexual), I think being sexual would be harder for me--seeing as I would have no one to act on my sexual feelings with.

unwisepuppet

I never really thought about it before but I probably wouldn't because I'm me and that fine.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, I read "would you change your sex?" taken to mean gender. but really the same answer "maybe, depending upon..."

• 11 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived