Ever Thought About It...?

AcerGirlM

Would You?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you change your sexuality? (if you could)

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I never thought about it

This poll is closed to new votes

Okay so I was wondering (if given the chance) would you change your sexuality?

Note: I wouldn't but I just want to see what everyone else's thoughts are.

Nope. I'm asexual and having a comfortable time with it.

(A)rrogant Avian

Yes, I would love to make myself normal, instead of being a 1%. If I could change my sexuality, I would be lesbian, then I wouldn't have to have sex with men, but I would still be normal enough.

No. I wish there was more visibility and acceptance.

I chose no.

Would being sexual make things easier when I'm dating/trying to find someone? Or if I do find someone and they are sexual? Of course it would. Being the dominant anything makes it easier.

But I am who I am. I'm happy with it, I don't feel as if there is anything wrong with it and I am content in that.

I must admit there are some times where I wish I was normal and life would be easier, but in the end I wouldn't change it if I could. For example, deaf people and deaf culture. A lot of them choose not to have a cochlear implant because they don't think of their deafness as a disability. They can live with it and are happy and have the deaf community for support. I can't say for myself for I am not deaf, but they probably have their moments too where they wish they had hearing, but in the end they probably still wouldn't want a cochlear implant. Also they're not part of the "majority" who is hearing, and they probably wouldn't want to be part of that majority. My point is, I don't see asexuality as an illness, I may have my moments, but I love who I am and I'm happy to be this way. We also have a community for support.

Besides, normal is too mainstream... or is it? What exactly is the definition of normal? Is anyone completely normal? And if not many people are normal, but there are some "normal" people out there... wouldn't that make them not so normal then? Please excuse my philosophical thoughts. ^_^

Edit: I know not all deaf people are like that, but I do know that there are some who are.

Guess I'm the lone Maybe vote for now. :D

I like the idea of not being sexually attracted to people because I feel like it is so unnecessary. But I've never been in a relationship with anyone so I have no idea if being asexual would severely affect the relationship. :/

But being with or without a partner for the rest of my life is fine by me. I like not feeling desperate for a partner and not being thirsty for sex. :)

Well on the bright side you could end up with another asexual :D :D :D

If I had the chance to alter my sexuality, I believe I would.

Obviously I can fake/ force feelings and emotions but internally I wish I could properly experience what the rest of society does.

Well on the bright side you could end up with another asexual :D :D :D

That happens and I am with one right now :) Just gotta' look hard enough!

I'd rather be in band.

I certainly wouldn't. I enjoy being who I am, even if difficulties accompany it. My asexuality isn't a detriment to my health. I'm quite happy, actually!

Breathing....

I've thought about it, and to be honest I'm still a bit confused about my sexuality anyway, but truthfully? No, I don't think I would. I wish there were some things that didn't make me uncomfortable, and I wish maybe I'd gotten a little more experience with certain things... but overall, I'm okay with being the way I am.

I'd just like to be more certain of some stuff and more comfortable.

I'm with you on this!

I said maybe. But I think it's more that I'd like to be more comfortable and be able to 'just know...' Like others around me seem to. I feel like it's taken almost 25 years to even figure out that there is a name for people like us and that it isn't just because I'm broken.

I think more awareness would be nice and to have been told it was a viable orientation rather than a medical problem. I was scared to admit to myself, still am to certain degree, because that was all I had ever heard of asexuality before a few months ago.

I am ok with being asexual, wouldn't change it because it would mean changing me fundamentally, and that's not cool.

I'm okay with being asexual, but sometimes I wish I could just be a normal lesbian. I'm a homoromantic asexual and I want a relationship with a girl, but I still don't want the sex. So I get turned down becuz of it, so if I could I'd love to be a normal lesbian

No, because that wouldn't guarantee an improvement over my life (which is pretty good already). Not gonna take any risks. Besides, then I'd have to change my romantic orientation, too. I bet aromantic sexuals get a lot of hate for "only wanting sex". : /

King of the Jungle

Ok my friends. I will say this. When I felt the true desire for sex, it was like one of those "deaf person hears sound for the first time". And it made me feel like I would like to a sexual. BUT, if I could already feel it as an asexual then why change eh? Even if it was only momentarily.

And yes, the feeling was super and I almost felt sorry for my many years without it. And I tell you now mates, be proud and don't regret how you are. You are SUPER and no motherfucker should tell you otherwise. And if they do, tell them to go fuck themselves. After all, the're the ones that want it

And this is not relvant to anything, but..... COYG!

I honestly feel it would be easier to come out as lesbian than asexual. Even though I do not want to experience sexual attraction (it seems like it must be so distracting) there is still curiosity on some level as to what "everyone else" feels, and to find out why sex is all the rage with allosexuals.

However, I am perfectly happy with being asexual. Its just if I had the choice to 'try out' being allosexual for a day and then go back to being asexual I wouldn't say no. (Curiosity killed the cat...)

Conscientious Ghost

The fuck is "allosexual"?

It's how some users on AVEN refer to sexual folks.

Although I have thought about it, I wouldn't change my sexuality. I have progressively started to accept other parts of myself, and being asexual is the first ones I came to terms with. I'm happy with that.

I voted no, because like Rhett Butler in 'Gone With The Wind' before me, quite frankly my dears, I couldn't give a damn.

I couldn't give a stuff what society thinks. If I can accept myself for what I am then so should everyone else.

Agnetha.

I'm not asexual, but yes, i would. Not that I want to be asexual - I don't - but I'd like to have fewer hang ups and issues and I would like to have a less-easily-triggered libido. It gets ridiculous sometimes and it annoys me. Of course none of this bothered me before I came to AVEN. :huh:

If I could choose to not be born asexual I probably would, just because it would be easier to not be in the minority. However I am so used to being this way, I wouldn't change if I were given the chance.

butterflydreams

There are too many other things I'd have to change along with it. I don't have any ridiculous amount of "asexual pride" or investment in it. It just it what it is. Like being short, or having dark brown hair. At least now I know what the deal is. Not knowing was the worst part.

I have thought about after seeing that 20/20 interview where that lady asks about if there was a pill that could make you sexual would you take it? I have to say no. I don't have any particular reason as to why. I suppose it is because being an aromatic asexual is what I know. It has become something that I consider a fundamental part of who I am. Also I would not know how to be sexual and / or romantic. If I woke up tomorrow and I was a sexual romantic, I would freak out! There is a learning curve that goes with that I would not want to go through that.

I'm a no, because, like many others, I relish the lack of pressure. There is no need to finance non-existent children, for a start. Also why should I want something I've lived comfortably without for all my life? Not being at risk of catching an STD has to be a bonus as well

BTW, I didn't answer the first question about whether I ever thought about it. Yes, I've thought about it before, and I decided that I want my sexuality to stay the way it is. Sexual attraction is so foreign to me and it apparently makes things complicated. If I had sexual attraction, it's possible that I'd choose to be celibate anyway.

Yes, I would. I'm somewhere on the grey spectrum, and if I could, I'd gladly nudge myself towards the more sexual side of said spectrum, with fewer issues and triggers connected to sex (because sometimes those are really really unpleasant to deal with).

Life is difficult enough without the added pressures of sex!

Archived