Trans Moments?

nerdperson777

Celyn: The Lutening
8 minutes ago, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

it makes me a little miffed I'm not shaped correctly for this stuff-at least not yet.

Nobody is - that companies' offerings are notoriously weirdly fitting.

But the shawl would work for sure, it's a shawl! Get it!

Fluffy Femme Guy
13 minutes ago, SCelyton said:

Nobody is - that companies' offerings are notoriously weirdly fitting.

I meant in more general I'm-shaped-like-a-dude sense.
Still love the style though!

24 minutes ago, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

These ads have become a regular occurrence for me:
571SGE1.jpg
They look incredible! But it makes me a little miffed I'm not shaped correctly for this stuff-at least not yet.

Would inserts in a bra work? With some experimentation I got to fit in dresses I would not expect half a year ago.

But the dresses are just beautiful.

Here is one of the dresses (It's not me in the image). Not being on hormone I've done this with a silicone insert in an A cup push-up bra.

Spoiler

471431_98f.jpg?sw=370&sh=560&sm=fit

Fluffy Femme Guy
8 minutes ago, Bloc said:

Would inserts in a bra work? With some experimentation I got to fit in dresses I would not expect half a year ago.

Thanks for the idea!

This needs some experiments and I occasionally need to adjust readjust the insert and my micro breasts. I got the insert from a local warehouse in the section for sewing equipment for 30 something Euros. If I remember correctly they where sold as push-up inserts. These go in the push-up bra and your own breast on top. You need a bra with a stiff small cup like A or AA.

1 hour ago, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

These ads have become a regular occurrence for me:
571SGE1.jpg
They look incredible! But it makes me a little miffed I'm not shaped correctly for this stuff-at least not yet.

Wow, they look so amazing I'd consider wearing that... and I'm afab and dysphoric... why do I have to like some clothes that only fit the body shape I want to get rid of? 

8 hours ago, Poe's Creep Meta said:

Wow, they look so amazing I'd consider wearing that... and I'm afab and dysphoric... why do I have to like some clothes that only fit the body shape I want to get rid of? 

I like them but would never wear a dress in a million years. I would rock the shawl though. 

DuranDuranfan
On 9/3/2019 at 12:58 PM, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

I have not changed my pronouns or gender on facebook (still set to 'male'), but the ad algorithms are picking up on *something*
mH6x2Zm.png

Weird. I haven’t done that either, but I swear it seems to be reading my mind. I had an advert show up for a clothing brand that gave ideas for androgynous looks! 

Spooky.....

Janus the Fox

The curiosity for dresses is strong in me too :P

I guess I have criteria for wearing dresses. Maybe I'd need something to 'balance out' their feminity? Above all, they mustn't emphasize my shape and I'll still need trousers underneath. But very occasionally, I would like to play with my outfit, wear super frilly stuff and tons of hairpins or just whatever I find, the more ridiculous the better. Just because I can. Always dressing functionally is nice, but dressing up is a lot of fun too. 

Hormones have been such a godsend, I'm gradually doing more feminine things (eg. occasionally a pendant necklace recently). Thinking about getting my ears re-pierced (they healed over during my years of rejecting feminine things).

Thinking, "How masculine do I need to get, to be happy wearing a dress?" is a very trans moment 😄

4 minutes ago, anisotrophic said:

Thinking, "How masculine do I need to get, to be happy wearing a dress?" is a very trans moment 😄

On the other hand, I am thinking about if I would wear a suit if body would be more feminine. I am not sure if this is a general trans thing or more an enby thing.

3 minutes ago, Bloc said:

I am not sure if this is a general trans thing or more an enby thing.

I think it's a bit of both. Because, I've read trans men discuss the effect of hormones (doing research ;) ) and seen trans men report feeling less avoidant of feminine things (like the color pink). (And happy about that.) But dresses and suits are very gendered, messing with those might be pretty enby :)

17 minutes ago, anisotrophic said:

I think it's a bit of both. Because, I've read trans men discuss the effect of hormones (doing research ;) ) and seen trans men report feeling less avoidant of feminine things (like the color pink). (And happy about that.) But dresses and suits are very gendered, messing with those might be pretty enby :)

I also like the aesthetics of combining a suit jacket with a dress or skirt. Messing around with gendered clothing and combining in a not intended way is fun :)

1 hour ago, Bloc said:

I also like the aesthetics of combining a suit jacket with a dress or skirt

Killer look.

nerdperson777
11 hours ago, anisotrophic said:

I had a friend at the LGBT center at school who tried to get hormones through the school like I did.  I did not have university insurance, just a supplement plan, so if I did hormones through the school, it would be insanely expensive, if I was able.  University insurance was very comprehensive, probably the best insurance anywhere, insuring just about anything, including trans surgeries, but it came with a hefty price of several hundred a month.  Naturally, I tried to get my mom to enroll me in the university insurance so I could get hormones.  And as expected, my mom had no reason to.  I was already insured through her, so it was just extra money spent to her.  I told her my intention but knowing her, she wouldn't have taken it seriously.  Plus she told me to wait until I graduated college.  Meanwhile, my friend went to the same doctor at the school who handled trans patients on hormones.  I guess it was a little harder for them, since I'm more binary presenting.  They intensely told the doctor that they were a trans guy, who just said that they should see a therapist, probably because they seemed more forceful and angsty than anything else.  The doctor wasn't that great at the social aspect though.  She asked if I felt like this "since [I was] a little girl".  Thanks for the dysphoria.

My friend eventually was able to get hormones, probably on university insurance.  They got an incredibly deep voice and started wearing more dresses with more T.  At some point I was able to notice them in a crowd by their attire.  Once I was walking up to the LGBT center and I just happened to be behind them, noticing that the skirt they were wearing was very much them.  I thought it was weird that some point, I didn't think of their voice as deep and masculine, just their voice.

DuranDuranfan
12 hours ago, Bloc said:

I also like the aesthetics of combining a suit jacket with a dress or skirt. Messing around with gendered clothing and combining in a not intended way is fun :)

Yeah I’ve done that.

• 1 month later...
nerdperson777

When my roommate and I got to the hospital for my top surgery, we had to walk into an office to go over the surgery contract, sign, and pay potential co-pays.  The employee asked who was getting the surgery.  My roommate later told me that they found it funny because they have huge boobs and it was ironic that the one with the smaller boobs was the one doing the surgery.

DuranDuranfan

The other day I was buying boxer briefs and the cashier I think read me as a guy, since she wanted to make sure I was getting the right size.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:27 PM, PoeciMeta said:

I guess I have criteria for wearing dresses. Maybe I'd need something to 'balance out' their feminity? Above all, they mustn't emphasize my shape and I'll still need trousers underneath. But very occasionally, I would like to play with my outfit, wear super frilly stuff and tons of hairpins or just whatever I find, the more ridiculous the better. Just because I can. Always dressing functionally is nice, but dressing up is a lot of fun too. 

I can wear dresses as part of costumes, because at that point it should be obvious to people that the dress isn't an expression of my gender, it's just a thing I put on to be silly.

I don't dislike dresses on principle (especially not those beautiful ones that @Bloc posted) or even the color pink, it's just that I don't want people to associate them with me because dysphoria.

On 10/13/2019 at 5:57 PM, anisotrophic said:

I've read trans men discuss the effect of hormones (doing research ;) ) and seen trans men report feeling less avoidant of feminine things (like the color pink). (And happy about that.)

I can imagine trans men being more comfortable with feminine things after transitioning a bit and getting rid of some dysphoria. I'd like to get there too one day. But not anytime soon :) 

Janus the Fox

A dress is my next step, skirt and blouse looks good on me 😛

3 hours ago, Laurann said:

I don't dislike dresses on principle (especially not those beautiful ones that @Bloc posted) or even the color pink, it's just that I don't want people to associate them with me because dysphoria.

Do you mean the dress I posted or the ones @Fluffy Femme Guy posted, because in my opinion they are much more beautiful. However I would probably not dare to wear them.

1 minute ago, Bloc said:

Do you mean the dress I posted or the ones @Fluffy Femme Guy posted, because in my opinion they are much more beautiful. However I would probably not dare to wear them.

Oh woops, I meant the ones Fluffy Femme Guy posted :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 10:29 PM, DuranDuranfan said:

The other day I was buying boxer briefs and the cashier I think read me as a guy, since she wanted to make sure I was getting the right size.

Hope that made you feel good! 

DuranDuranfan
8 hours ago, Albine said:

Hope that made you feel good! 

Yaaaaas!

Got asked today "Are you a Miss or a Mister?"

Me internally: YASSSSS!!!

Me externally: "I'm a Miss." (Because officially I am)

Custard Cream
5 hours ago, Celyn said:

Awww shame you couldn't be more open.

18 hours ago, Celyn said:

So lucky! 

A shame you had to spoil it... 

Calligraphette_Coe
On 10/10/2019 at 3:46 PM, Bloc said:

But the dresses are just beautiful.

They ARE beautiful. In additon to the proverbial little black dress, I still have a few somewhat like them in my closet. Because I had to get into the glass closet over the las 10 years, I haven't worn them out. Being somewhat androgynous and having some gynecomastia, using some medical tape and a clever little trick with some pretty strong elastic, I can do cleavage better than should be allowed (as my cisfemale neighbor once said to me).  One trick is to always pick an underwire bra, as they hold their shape a lot better. It is, of course, no fun to get poked by those damn wires, though.

I get a little sad thinking about doing this again-- it's always the feeling that I pass until I open my mouth and they recognize my high voice as being 'me' , and then people get somewhat upset about being 'deceived'. 

Archived