Trans Moments?

nerdperson777

nerdperson777

Fun story today.  Monday morning is instructor only class.  There usually aren't too many teenagers that come in because that's during school.  This one guy came in for the first time, because he said that he's taking community college classes instead.  He was talking about how he wanted a career in film.  I've started to wonder if it's an AFAB trans thing.  I know at least two FtM YouTubers who are into making videos, editing them, and stuff like that, went to college for it.  Technically he is also, but I don't watch his videos.  Then I heard there's a stereotype about non-binary people and their DSLR cameras (which I don't seem to follow since I'm totally hopeless at camera technology and making videos).  Our trans woman instructor was talking to him about a bunch of stories that she had planned years ago but without someone qualified, she couldn't bring them to fruition.  There is a mutual relationship there since he said that he needs to do things for experience on his resume.  When we were about to leave, she starts talking about a story she had.  I was on my phone for a moment so I didn't catch the beginning.  She starts talking about translocators and so later I said she was a translocator herself.  The only people left in the facility at the time were trans, me, her, the teenager, and the agender person at the front desk.  She has been called the LGBT magnet so now she can be specifically a translocator.

Just had a nonbinary moment. I was talking to a cis friend about a show which had an androgynous character, and she said she was deeply perplexed and bothered by it as she couldn't determine whether they were male or female. I realised I never gave it a single thought. It made me smile. I should have known I was agender then~

nerdperson777

I asked my roommate a question earlier while I was waiting at McDonalds after taking my order.

5QhywpU.png

Celyn: The Lutening
9 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I asked my roommate a question earlier while I was waiting at McDonalds after taking my order.

Hide contents

5QhywpU.png

I just wanted whichever one was an animal.

2 hours ago, Celyn said:

I just wanted whichever one was an animal.

I remember my brother accidentally getting the girl toy (a rabbit) and loving it. And next time he got the boy toy and was upset because he wanted another cute animal. 

16 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Reveal hidden contents

5QhywpU.png

I didn’t really want the toys, I just threw the toy into the trunk and ate all the food instead. Growth hormones do that I guess.

I just love those nice grandmas calling me "young man" when I help them with directions or carrying groceries. I'm not a guy, but I feel more connected to male gender than female so it partially validates me. Is that even a thing? Like, is it ok that misgendering me as a girl makes me sad, but as a guy it's kinda nice? 

1 hour ago, Keth said:

I just love those nice grandmas calling me "young man" when I help them with directions or carrying groceries. I'm not a guy, but I feel more connected to male gender than female so it partially validates me. Is that even a thing? Like, is it ok that misgendering me as a girl makes me sad, but as a guy it's kinda nice? 

I am not sure how far towards trans woman I tend. But I like it being perceived female, but I am not sure if it is only balancing out being seen male at work etc. This is also part of what makes me unsure if medical transition would be right for me.

nerdperson777
9 hours ago, Keth said:

Yeah, I'm fine with it myself.  I'm definitely masculine, but not binary male.  I would use a guy to describe me, as it's less defined to me than male or man.  Given a binary environment, I take being seen as male, no question.  But when there is a non-binary option, I am taking that.  Gender is a complex thing.  When I thought I was a binary guy, it did feel awesome.  But later I went into whatever territory and gender started mattering less and less, as long as I'm not seen as female.  Being feminine is okay with me, but not female.

9 hours ago, Member114264 said:

I didn’t really want the toys, I just threw the toy into the trunk and ate all the food instead. Growth hormones do that I guess.

I was at the bottom 10% of experiencing for a 12 year old female, so I was not getting those growth hormones.  I was tiny growing up, and now I just have huge shoulders to balance out my small self.

40 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I was at the bottom 10% of experiencing for a 12 year old female, so I was not getting those growth hormones.  I was tiny growing up, and now I just have huge shoulders to balance out my small self.

I was at less than 5% percentile for my weight at my age from birth to 16 years old, ate well, and finally got to 5'0" by 6th grade.

Then I was on HGH therapy for 12 years and the highest dose was 1.7 mg/ml for 16 years old.

So glad i no longer need to do that anymore.

But I can't do anything about my T, E, Igf-2, or my cortisol levels with drugs really.

nerdperson777
8 minutes ago, Member114264 said:

I was at less than 5% percentile for my weight at my age from birth to 16 years old, ate well, and finally got to 5'0" by 6th grade.

Then I was on HGH therapy for 12 years and the highest dose was 1.7 mg/ml for 16 years old.

So glad i no longer need to do that anymore.

But I can't do anything about my T, E, Igf-2, or my cortisol levels with drugs really.

I got to 5 feet by the time I finished 8th grade.  Never heard of the therapy before.  I know for certain I didn't have high T levels before because I hardly grew body hair and I was physically weak.  You can take T or E hormones, but don't know where you want to go with that.

Just now, nerdperson777 said:

I got to 5 feet by the time I finished 8th grade.  Never heard of the therapy before.  I know for certain I didn't have high T levels before because I hardly grew body hair and I was physically weak.  You can take T or E hormones, but don't know where you want to go with that.

Well my cortisol levels and Russell silver syndrome is kinda inhibiting my tissue's growth and I'm not worried about my T or E levels although how fast my mustache and body hair grows is pretty annoying. 

I basically shave my beard and trim my armpit hair every week then the leg or arm hair I just ignore so I won't end up hurting myself with a razor and because I kinda sorta avoid people as a whole.

nerdperson777
6 hours ago, Member114264 said:

Well my cortisol levels and Russell silver syndrome is kinda inhibiting my tissue's growth and I'm not worried about my T or E levels although how fast my mustache and body hair grows is pretty annoying. 

I basically shave my beard and trim my armpit hair every week then the leg or arm hair I just ignore so I won't end up hurting myself with a razor and because I kinda sorta avoid people as a whole.

I think I'm at the point now where shaving once a month seems to be where I am.  I wouldn't say that my gender shouldn't have body hair, but I don't think I feel comfortable with hair growing on my thighs.  I tend to go back and forth between not caring and I shouldn't have this, so I just think that I personally don't want the extra hair that I got right now.  I'm considering laser for the sparse hairs growing there when I make enough money.

5 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I think I'm at the point now where shaving once a month seems to be where I am.  I wouldn't say that my gender shouldn't have body hair, but I don't think I feel comfortable with hair growing on my thighs.  I tend to go back and forth between not caring and I shouldn't have this, so I just think that I personally don't want the extra hair that I got right now.  I'm considering laser for the sparse hairs growing there when I make enough money.

To me arm and leg hair is only good for detecting electrical charges or barometric shifts.

Doesn't stop dust, mosquitos or diseases from landing on you.

Literally nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
Fluffy Femme Guy

I have not changed my pronouns or gender on facebook (still set to 'male'), but the ad algorithms are picking up on *something*
mH6x2Zm.png

On 9/3/2019 at 2:58 PM, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

I have not changed my pronouns or gender on facebook (still set to 'male'), but the ad algorithms are picking up on *something*
mH6x2Zm.png

The facebook ad's have been trying to figure me out too. 

From various things like bands, coffees, and events.

But oddly (and thankfully too) no things about romance.

ElasticPlanet
19 hours ago, Member114264 said:

Same here. I got an ad for a site selling grey-market hormones and blockers. Slogan was something *£#@ing awful along the lines of "for men who want that feminine look" ... so clearly written by clueless cis money grabber. Prices in US dollars but they claimed to be linked to a doctor based in Switzerland...

I had my settings as agender, they pronouns, right from when I joined. It suggests trans/enby groups to me all the time.

nerdperson777
On 9/4/2019 at 5:38 PM, Member114264 said:

From various things like bands, coffees, and events.

But oddly (and thankfully too) no things about romance.

I find some of the ads kind of creepy.  There was something I planned on buying from Amazon that I hadn't gotten to search for yet.  I didn't tell anyone that I was planning on buying this item.  I haven't looked it up yet.  It showed up as an ad and I'm really weirded out that it practically read into my mind.

23 hours ago, ElasticPlanet said:

I had my settings as agender, they pronouns, right from when I joined. It suggests trans/enby groups to me all the time.

I thought I heard some time ago that they required a binary gender to make an account so it would've been binary originally.  I had not known my true gender at the time so going through name and gender changes makes me nervous about the friends who knew me as female before and what have they noticed about the name, pronoun, and gender changes.  But I only post to my martial arts and LGBT+ friends so the only thing everyone else sees on my profile are my picture changes.

3 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I find some of the ads kind of creepy.  There was something I planned on buying from Amazon that I hadn't gotten to search for yet.  I didn't tell anyone that I was planning on buying this item.  I haven't looked it up yet.  It showed up as an ad and I'm really weirded out that it practically read into my mind.

Then they promote trump and IoT things a lot.

I personally don't trust either or any of the things they promote because uno you do not show ads for churches to an atheist and dos I hate trump and every politician out there. It's a shame what monsters and jerks everyone is turning into.

nerdperson777
1 hour ago, Member114264 said:

Then they promote trump and IoT things a lot.

I personally don't trust either or any of the things they promote because uno you do not show ads for churches to an atheist and dos I hate trump and every politician out there. It's a shame what monsters and jerks everyone is turning into.

I don't think I'm in any political groups so I don't tend to get political ads.

Same thing is happening at my teaching job where the higher ups think they know everything and take things out on the lower ranks.  There needs a re-evaluation of who really has the power.  If your people don't listen to you, you have no power.  Currently the people who aren't really following the rules are the senior teachers.  But the owner knows that he can't fire them because they're the main money makers for his business.  He'll lose more business out of firing them than keeping them while breaking rules.  Likewise, Trump has the power right now because a lot of the country believes the stuff about immigrants taking away jobs and that they're entitled to the good jobs that they haven't received.  That's enough people to give him that power, even if there is half of the other population who hate his guts.

ElasticPlanet
On 9/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, nerdperson777 said:

I thought I heard some time ago that they required a binary gender to make an account

Yeah... seeing that on the initial signup page nearly put me off entirely. But once you've created an account and you're in, you can change it. Stupid system though, as it relies on most people not being bothered and us lot going to extra lengths to find out how to work around it.

nerdperson777
4 hours ago, ElasticPlanet said:

Yeah... seeing that on the initial signup page nearly put me off entirely. But once you've created an account and you're in, you can change it. Stupid system though, as it relies on most people not being bothered and us lot going to extra lengths to find out how to work around it.

I think it's fine after a while too.  I was still getting ads for female gendered things when I thought I changed the pronoun and gender.  It's been a while since I got one now since I have my pronouns on neutral.

Celyn: The Lutening

Speaking of Facebook Ad snafus, I just got an ad for lingerie designed for trans girls. Points for effort.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:59 AM, Celyn said:

Speaking of Facebook Ad snafus, I just got an ad for lingerie designed for trans girls. Points for effort.

I've been advertised beard oil and I didn't even know it was a thing.  I also can't even grow a beard in a million years.

9 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

advertised beard oil

What the complete and other hell.

Beard oil!?

So today I went to a trans conference run by the LGBT Foundation in my nearest big city... on Friday 13th... barely one block away from the CIS (Co-operative Insurance Services) building! 😮 😯 😧

Actually quite a successful day.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:34 PM, Member114264 said:

What the complete and other hell.

Beard oil!?

Well, people with beards need to keep their facial hair looking good.  I guess beard oil is lubrication, like motor oil for cars and other vehicles.

Wanting to be ambidextrous, because 'ambidextrous' is gender-neutral in my language, but lefty and righty aren't. 

• 4 weeks later...
Fluffy Femme Guy

These ads have become a regular occurrence for me:
571SGE1.jpg
They look incredible! But it makes me a little miffed I'm not shaped correctly for this stuff-at least not yet.

Archived