Trans Moments?

nerdperson777

3 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

To be honest I wish I could shape shift to appear how I need to in certain situations.  Life would be a whole lot easier that way. 

Totally. I don't even want to shift into every form. Just between a male and female body and the stages in between.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:28 PM, Celyn said:

I want a beard. I don't want a beard. My body seems to think growing 2 beard hairs is a workable compromise. 

I want to have a beard just so I could shave it because I don't want to have a beard, I just want my skin to feel "rough", like how it feels when you touch a clean-shaven man's face 😆. Also, same about the 2 beard hairs, lol.

52 minutes ago, Light02 said:

I want to have a beard just so I could shave it because I don't want to have a beard, I just want my skin to feel "rough", like how it feels when you touch a clean-shaven man's face 😆. Also, same about the 2 beard hairs, lol.

I hate that I have to shave at least twice a day to have a reasonable smooth skin. Wish I could give you my beard ;)

5 hours ago, Light02 said:

I just want my skin to feel "rough", like how it feels when you touch a clean-shaven man's face

It feels rough?  I thought shaving makes the skin feel smooth.  

Well, I've never touched a man's face....or anyone's face, so I wouldn't know.  lol

19 minutes ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

Well, I've never touched a man's face....or anyone's face, so I wouldn't know.  lol

But shortly after shaving (a few hours) the stubble gets through and my face turns unpleasantly rough. And I probably need new blades for my electrical razor.

13 minutes ago, Bloc said:

But shortly after shaving (a few hours) the stubble gets through and my face turns unpleasantly rough. And I probably need new blades for my electrical razor.

Oh I see now.  It's the "5 o'clock shadow" that makes the skin feel rough.  It doesn't feel rough immediately after shaving.  That makes more sense. 👍

11 hours ago, Bloc said:

Totally. I don't even want to shift into every form. Just between a male and female body and the stages in between.

Oh I would totally shape shift into every form.  I'd become a lion and scare the living sh*t out of people that did me wrong.  I would legitimately haunt my old college professors.  LOL!

Celyn: The Lutening
2 minutes ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

Oh I would totally shape shift into every form.  I'd become a lion and scare the living sh*t out of people that did me wrong.  I would legitimately haunt my old college professors.  LOL!

Dragon. I'd be a dragon. Or sometimes a a fox.

39 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Dragon. I'd be a dragon. Or sometimes a a fox.

A non-binary dragon fox or more a fox dragon?

18 minutes ago, Bloc said:

I read a book called dragonfox. But I'd be a fox dragon.

Anthracite_Impreza

I'd be a car.

Calligraphette_Coe
3 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

Even immediately after shaving, you can feel some roughness like fine grit sandpaper if you go 'against the grain'. If you move a finger from top to bottom, if feels smooth, but not so much if you do it the opposite way.

I'm a little lucky, mine is always somewhat soft and with age, has tunred almost white. I don't know the exact 'brightness' because I almost obsessive-compulsiive about shaving every day whether I need it or not. I'd be terrified to see a week's growth-- I'd feel totally incongruous. I imagine it works somewhat opposite if you're on the other side of the coin.

On a totally unrelated note, for some reason my bright blonde/almost whitish hair on my head has kept growing longer before it falls out over the last year. Where I could never get it longer than shoulder length, I now have hair down to almost the middle of my back. It's baby fine, but it is haning in there longer than it used to. It's almost 15 years since my last serious haircut when it had to be cut for cranial surgery. I can do pony tails again!

18 hours ago, Light02 said:

A bit similarly (I think), I wish to have "rough" hair. Without any special products, my hair is so silky and slick and light, like baby hair really. I wish I had men's rough hair.

6 hours ago, naakka said:

A bit similarly (I think), I wish to have "rough" hair. Without any special products, my hair is so silky and slick and light, like baby hair really. I wish I had men's rough hair.

Yesss, I feel the same. I don't know if you've already tried this or if it works for everyone but I recently started using men's shampoo just to see if there's any difference and now my hair feels "more rough" or maybe drier, I guess. I love it! You could try this, too if you haven't already.

5 hours ago, Light02 said:

Yesss, I feel the same. I don't know if you've already tried this or if it works for everyone but I recently started using men's shampoo just to see if there's any difference and now my hair feels "more rough" or maybe drier, I guess. I love it! You could try this, too if you haven't already.

Great tip! Though I use non-gendered natural products, maybe there's some other incredients in men's shampoo. I've slso been thinking of using men's hair wax, maybe it could work?

I believe the main difference is the packaging and the perfume, fruit notes vs. musk. I didn't find a difference in how the hair feels.

1 hour ago, Bloc said:

I believe the main difference is the packaging and the perfume, fruit notes vs. musk. I didn't find a difference in how the hair feels.

I notice my hair is coarser using the men's. Depends on the brand I expect. 

1 hour ago, naakka said:

Great tip! Though I use non-gendered natural products, maybe there's some other incredients in men's shampoo. I've slso been thinking of using men's hair wax, maybe it could work?

I don't know, I've never tried it but you could and then report back to the rest of us how it went 😁.

12 hours ago, Light02 said:

I use to use men's shampoo, and it started to make my hair thin out so I had to stop.  Use with caution. 💀

10 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

I use to use men's shampoo, and it started to make my hair thin out so I had to stop.  Use with caution. 💀

My hair is reeeally thick anyways, lol so it doesn't matter that much for me.

nerdperson777
On 4/18/2019 at 6:28 PM, AceOfHearts_85 said:

LOL!  That's rough.

I don't want a beard, but I think it would be cool if I had the ability to grow one.  Would be nice to just wear it if I wanted to sometimes like a fashion accessory without other people looking at me funny.  

To be honest I wish I could shape shift to appear how I need to in certain situations.  Life would be a whole lot easier that way.

You can still grow a beard.  There was some thread that I was talking about some hair growth product with someone.  You don't have to be on T for it to work.  So you can use it on your chin and cheeks and there you have a beard.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:26 AM, Bloc said:

Well, in a game where someone asked my gender and I said non-binary, I've been referred to as a dinosaur.

My moment of the week is that I took my co-worker's laptop home to perform some troubleshooting for something that wasn't working.  I've previously said that she was cishet to the max.  I was having trouble connecting her laptop to our internet, which I've said is called "NoCissies".  I thought there was an irony in that.  But then I went early to my teaching job to use their wifi but it didn't work either.  So now I can't fix the issue because I don't even have connection to the internet.

Fluffy Femme Guy

I've had a funny one at work where my co-workers noticed my decorative hairclip that I had been wearing to work for some time.
I have floofy/curly hair so it probably disguises it a bit.

One of them asked 'Did a girl give that to you?', I answered 'Yes', but I was secretly referring to myself.

They were nice about it and everything's cool. It was more amusing to me than anything.

Fluffy Femme Guy
On 4/18/2019 at 8:28 PM, General said:

The genderfluid dream.

nerdperson777

The cis decided that I was a dinosaur for being non-binary so...I didn't make the rules.

nerdperson777

Yesterday I was in class with the agender person and a presumed cis guy.  Another teacher came in for a bit.  The instructor for this class asked about her back issues, since she was probably the oldest teacher there, in her 40s, other than the owner of the place.  The instructor said that there are three strong men here that could help you.  The agender person said, "well 2 men and 1 enby".  I also chimed in but I may not have been heard, "oh yeah, two (enbies)".  So there was actually only one guy taking class.

Ms. Carolynne
On 4/20/2019 at 12:00 PM, Bloc said:

On 4/20/2019 at 1:02 PM, Celyn said:

I notice my hair is coarser using the men's. Depends on the brand I expect. 

In my experience, the "men's" stuff dried my hair when I was using it. The stuff I'm using now has been a lot better for me, though conditioning and taking better care of my hair probably contributes to that

On a positive note my hair is getting kind of long and it isn't getting tangled like it used to. It might actually be the longest I've had it, and I'm surprised by how manageable it has been.

4 hours ago, Ms. Carolynne said:

In my experience, the "men's" stuff dried my hair when I was using it. The stuff I'm using now has been a lot better for me, though conditioning and taking better care of my hair probably contributes to that

On a positive note my hair is getting kind of long and it isn't getting tangled like it used to. It might actually be the longest I've had it, and I'm surprised by how manageable it has been.

On recommendation of my hairdresser I am using baby shampoo.

nerdperson777
13 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

While grocery shopping...

5 year old boy: "Daddy daddy... *points at me*, That woman is talllll!"

:P 

I had that happen with a friend once.  Some high school friends decided to eat at an all-you-can-eat place next to my house.  I didn't know that I had an eye doctor appointment across the street around that time so I said that I would be a little late possibly.  Whoever said the number of people thought it was better to not include me and try to add me in later.  So I got there while they were waiting, but I just watched them go in without me because you can't just add one, especially at a popular place like that.  I ended up eating with a trans friend and then I was offered to at least have some dessert with them.  I asked the friend if she wanted to have dessert and meet my friends, who I wasn't out to.  She had long hair at the time but decided to keep her hair short later, maybe because she was afraid of being out.  So one of those high school friends ended up saying, "whoa, that's a tall girl!"  But she has a really deep voice so the high school friend said afterwards, "oh you're a guy" or something.  I guess she got to feel good for a split second.

• 1 month later...
Lightning Blue Ray

With Snapchat's gender filters, I've been using them for fun. Before I got a haircut (my hair is already short but it was slowly growing out), the female filter had little effect on me because I'm pre-T. Just a couple of days ago, I tried the female filter again and this time the changes were drastic. Not a big thing, I know, but sometimes it's the small things that keep you going.

Archived