Trans Moments?

nerdperson777

ElasticPlanet
13 hours ago, Celyn said:

Just try telling me that's feminine.

I wouldn't dream of it!

nerdperson777

None of these moments directly have anything to do with me surprisingly. 

First one is my friend bought a bike from my cishet uncle. They were assuming that they received a women's bike from him since that's how they were seen. They found out that it was only a women's bike because my uncle decided it was. So it's kind of like the bike was AMAB but because he put a women's seat on it, it was a women's bike. I found that ironic. 

Then while my dad was out on a trip, the rest of the family had to walk the dog. The owner to one of the dog friends told my mom that she saw two people walking our dog but she didn't recognize them. The older one looked like my mom and the younger one looked like me, but it wasn't me and mom. They look similar but not quite. The older one was my mom's sister and the younger was my cousin. My cousin had shaved her hair short and I never thought about the similarity between her and I having short hair. She wore earrings so it definitely wouldn't have been me. 

1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

First one is my friend bought a bike from my cishet uncle. They were assuming that they received a women's bike from him since that's how they were seen. They found out that it was only a women's bike because my uncle decided it was. So it's kind of like the bike was AMAB but because he put a women's seat on it, it was a women's bike. I found that ironic. 

😂

I have a friend who's women's bike was sold in store a a "men's" bike. But it is a women's bike because she is a woman. This bike probably would switch "gender" when sold to a man.

PixleyDust✨

Does a moment of real-life trans comraderie count? Cause if so, I got a good one. 

Quick background: I live in a conservative farm town, so on more than one occasion I have jokingly lamented to my Mom that I was “too gay for this town”. But beneath that, I was genuinely bummed by the realization that yeah, they’re probably isn’t a lot of genderqueer-ness in this area, people I could relate to. 

So anyways, I was taking the bus, on my way to this trans protest rally in Downtown Sac this past weekend, when I noticed the person sitting behind me was wearing a trans flag as a cape, a trans pride crocheted hat, and what looked like a bisexual pride crocheted scarf. 

I didn’t say anything because SA, but eventually he turned to me and noticed my name tag with male pronouns and asked if I was going to the rally downtown. I said yes, and we just kind of gabbed for a while about our mutual love for each other’s pride accessories (his hat which he made himself, my homemade gender pride bracelets and the rubber gay pride bracelet my Mom bought me) and our experience with gender both being AFAB...until the bus broke down. 

We got to talking more and turns out the person in front of me was a trans woman. She wasn’t going to the rally like we were, she was just on her way to the airport (to San Francisco) but it was such a cool coincidence I couldn’t leave it out. 

Anyways, he called a Lyft and offered to share it with me since we were going to the same place. On the way, we learned that we both bought our binders from gc2b (cue fist bump) and talked about how much we loved them, both packed (although he apparently he has a collection, while I just have the one) and complained how expensive they could be, and that he was also from my neck of the woods, literally just a few streets away.

(Although I couldn’t stop chuckling in my head at the thought that some warm, fuzzy trans masc bonding between bros must have been the most interesting convo that Lyft driver had ever heard in his life tbh). 🤣

We immediately friended each other on FB when we got to the rally (yay). 

Was also stoked later on when one of the speakers asked if anyone was from my town, and more than just 2 hands shot up in the air. Like at least 11 other hands besides his and mine. 

Looks like I’m not too gay for this town after all. 🥰🌈

Ms. Carolynne

@Pixley That's awesome! I feel you with coming from a conservative area.

I got a chuckle out of "too gay for this town".

Anthracite_Impreza

@Pixley Jusy reminded me of this :P

nerdperson777

@Pixley And I was wondering earlier today where I had heard of Woodland.  There was a truck in front of me that said Woodland, CA on it.  I have no idea where that is so I just assumed it was nearby.  Apparently I've been seeing Woodland on your profile on the left of these posts.

• 2 weeks later...
nerdperson777

My roommates decided to get a cat a few weeks ago.  I was just talking to them from the doorway.  I saw the cat run in some direction and was trying to see where it went.  I said, "Oh, back to the closet."  A roommate said, "Same."

I'm conditionally allergic to dander so I said that I would prefer the cat not in my room until I stop being allergic.  It jumped over me into my room and went into the closet.  Roommate says, "if you leave her there long enough, she'll have to come out eventually."  I joked about the closet logic, if only it worked with us.

Ah, closet jokes.

• 1 month later...
Ms. Carolynne

TFW you have to suppress a smirk when being called a lady.

There's this kid at work who is pretty homophobic and transphobic and makes a lot of those kinds of jokes. He does shit like talking effeminately, exclaiming "did you just assume my gender?", and calling himself an attack helicopter.

He seems to have a thing for referring to me as a woman like it's some insult. At first I wasn't sure whether it was intentional, as I was with female co-workers and he just referred to us as ladies a couple times.

Today there weren't any other women working my shift, and he goes ahead and calls me and another co-worker ladies. I had to avoid laughing as it felt right to me, while the co-worker was uncomfortable, as well as the irony of the joke considering I'm trans (though nobody knows this).

@Ms. Carolynne Those things feels so double for me like i am glad to be could a woman but in the same time it was said as a insult....

2 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

Yeah, it does that... *huggles*

It just hurts so much to hear about it. But it also makes me happy how some people do everything they can to help people.

Celyn: The Lutening
5 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

@Ms. Carolynne Those things feels so double for me like i am glad to be could a woman but in the same time it was said as a insult....

I have the same happen to me, be called a man as an insult after I cut my hair. My view is, enjoy it, the jokes on them.

CW: Shark Week

Spoiler

Everyone loves chocolate, right?

I'm tired and grumpy because I have a cold. 

My chesticles are round because it's cold.

That's backache from sleeping awkward, right???

Oh heck.

HECK HECK HECK HECK.

Janus the Fox

Suprized how feminine skinny jeans look pretty good on me hmm... 😛

ElasticPlanet
15 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

Suprized how feminine skinny jeans look pretty good on me hmm... 😛

And all the colours you can get too! 😊

2 hours ago, ElasticPlanet said:

And all the colours you can get too! 😊

Still sticking to blue and black, because I still need to figure out which colours fit me. With tights I want more colours, however warm tights this year are mostly dark blue, dark grey or black here, and I want red, bright blue, different shades of darker green.

I don't know if this a trans moment, but I got compliments on my eye makeup last night.😊

ElasticPlanet
On 1/26/2019 at 6:42 PM, Bloc said:

I still need to figure out which colours fit me.

It might partly be a matter of what other clothes you wear them with. My purple and my blue-green skinny jeans get worn least - not just because the colours are unusual ones I save for when I want a change, but also because they seem to be incompatible with so many of my other clothes.

• 2 weeks later...
nerdperson777

I came home last night to my apartment and said that I've had too much cishet interaction this week.  The most recent thing I heard, coming up the stairs to our front door was two girls standing outside, in the cold, talking about hot guys.  I heard one girl say, "I've been attracted to him the moment I saw him."  They were probably teenagers since they don't look that old and appeared to have been wearing makeup.  Then the other day my mom was explaining to me what an alimony was, and she said "when a husband and wife" divorce.  She claims to be accepting but I don't think she really understands it.  I refuse to go to Chik Fil-A anymore because of their donations to anti-LGBT+ organizations.  One time my dad told me and laughed about mom being so happy to have gone there the other day.  They don't see what the problem is with any of this because it has no effect on them.  Mom just wants some nice chicken breast.  She doesn't get that it's dangerous in America for us to live.  She interacts fine with cis gay people and recognizes the same-sex spouse.  But when it comes to trans people?  She's only interested in their old identity, call them by their birthnames and birth pronouns.  At one point she was able to gender my friends correctly (except me), but now no one is gendered correctly.

Aside from the ranting, with the conversation about cishets with my roommates, one started joking that the other let one into our apartment previously.  It was the girl I said in another thread who said straight-affirming things for herself like "I like penis".  The name of our (hidden) internet is "NoCissies" so this rule got violated.

During this week, my roommates' old friend is staying over.  Last week, we had to get ourselves a futon so they could have a place to sleep.  Two of us went to pick up the futon but were having trouble getting it to our second floor.  They were told that there was an elevator somewhere but we couldn't find it.  When we did, it was locked and none of our extra keys worked.  Besides that, it didn't look like the elevator went to our floor.  I joked with them that I didn't know how much help I could be since I was running out of T.  I'm still running on low.  Hopefully it all gets sorted out tomorrow since I went from changing insurance to not have insurance at all.  We ended up having to carry it up the stairs.

5 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

The name of our (hidden) internet is "NoCissies" 

OMG love it!

• 3 weeks later...

Twice in the last week I have been watching TV and "they/them/ pronouns are used and I got surprised when it became apparent that they were talking about multiple people, not one nonbinary person.

ElasticPlanet

Just spotted the almost entirely excellent Butterfly TV series on DVD - and couldn't stop myself buying a copy. I wish they'd been given time for more than 3 episodes though...

2 hours ago, ElasticPlanet said:

Just spotted the almost entirely excellent Butterfly TV series on DVD - and couldn't stop myself buying a copy. I wish they'd been given time for more than 3 episodes though...

That played on tv here recently. Gosh my parents didn't want anything to do with that! They were a tad obvious in their disgust...

ElasticPlanet
1 hour ago, StomachGod said:

my parents didn't want anything to do with that! They were a tad obvious in their disgust...

I'm so sorry they've been like that. And especially when this one shows a parent coming from a massively problematic place and coming good in the end!

• 2 weeks later...
nerdperson777

On the TV, I saw a bandaged chest.  I thought, "OMG is that binding with ace bandages, or someone had top surgery??"  Then I saw shaved heads and wigs.  "Oh this is about women with breast cancer...what the heck is Walgreens advertising?"

• 1 month later...

I want a beard. I don't want a beard. My body seems to think growing 2 beard hairs is a workable compromise. 

14 hours ago, Celyn said:

I want a beard. I don't want a beard. My body seems to think growing 2 beard hairs is a workable compromise. 

LOL!  That's rough.

I don't want a beard, but I think it would be cool if I had the ability to grow one.  Would be nice to just wear it if I wanted to sometimes like a fashion accessory without other people looking at me funny.  

To be honest I wish I could shape shift to appear how I need to in certain situations.  Life would be a whole lot easier that way.

Archived