Trans Moments?

nerdperson777

nerdperson777

Earlier today, this one woman I know said that she looked in the mirror this morning, and usually doesn't.  She saw some fat hanging out of her tank top near one of her armpits.  She said she never had this before, as she's very fit and skinny.  I joked that she could just tuck it inside and no one will see it.  That's seriously what I did when I wore my binders.  It either inside my binder or I leave fat hanging out.  But in my case, I don't really wear no sleeve shirts as much as her so no one would know if I tucked it in or not.

That genderfluid (in my case, demifluid) feel when you’re checking with yourself to see what your gender is at a given point and you get a sudden burst of gender euphoria and then you’re confused since your current presentation and current gender don’t match, but you enjoy it anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
Celyn: The Lutening

I was trying to log a shark week in my FitBit app and it just came back with "Server Error." I just thought, "Yeah, that was my reaction too."

nerdperson777
3 hours ago, Celyn said:

I was trying to log a shark week in my FitBit app and it just came back with "Server Error." I just thought, "Yeah, that was my reaction too."

My mom told me this conversation she had with a co-worker.  It was many years ago.  They were talking about the iPad, when it first came out.  The co-worker was talking about how bad the name iPad was, thinking it would be the iTab or Apple Tablet.  "What's next?  iTampon?"  Mom said, "yeah, it acts up during the time of the month."

1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

My mom told me this conversation she had with a co-worker.  It was many years ago.  They were talking about the iPad, when it first came out.  The co-worker was talking about how bad the name iPad was, thinking it would be the iTab or Apple Tablet.  "What's next?  iTampon?"  Mom said, "yeah, it acts up during the time of the month."

Wasn't there a thing where somebody invented a tampon that beeps when it's time to take it out? And everyone was just imagining how awful it would be to be in a meeting or something when your crotch just starts beeping. (I imagine a 2.0 version that sends a discreet notification to one's phone)

nerdperson777
50 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Wasn't there a thing where somebody invented a tampon that beeps when it's time to take it out? And everyone was just imagining how awful it would be to be in a meeting or something when your crotch just starts beeping. (I imagine a 2.0 version that sends a discreet notification to one's phone)

I'm not sure if I remember seeing that.  It feels familiar, yet unfamiliar.  That's funny though. 

"BEEP BEEP.  Your tampon is full.  Please extract and replace."

56 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Ew.

To Each Their Own
6 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I'm not sure if I remember seeing that.  It feels familiar, yet unfamiliar.  That's funny though. 

"BEEP BEEP.  Your tampon is full.  Please extract and replace."

HAH😂AHAHAHAHA 

• 2 months later...
nerdperson777

Today in class, the attention was turned to this guy whose shirt had a quote "to be old and wise, one must first be young and stupid." This older guy said that he wasn't sure if he even made the transition yet and "transition is important". I wanted to joke with the coach, yeah transition is very important, if you know what I mean. 

Colleague: There's no milk in the fridge! This is terrible, I need tea!

Me: need T.

ElasticPlanet
On 10/21/2018 at 5:08 PM, nelpogrando said:

My gender is a sinusoidal function.

My gender is so close to zero that the rounding errors swamp the data.

EDIT: or is the the noise that swamps the data? or other people's binary-normativity? I can't even tell which...

• 2 weeks later...

A while ago I was watching Jane the virgin (ive since stopped because its just so cringey). There was a part where 

Spoiler

a main character had breast cancer, so needed to undergo surgery. She hesitantly agreed, but one of the extras talked to her about how her body helped her or something. She decided not to get surgery (temporarily) because it would be "unnatural" to hurt her own body.

I can not understand how anyone would want those parts, I would get surgery in a heartbeat to remove these pointless drains on my quality of life. Yet when this person actually has cancer, she only feels grateful??? 

22 hours ago, Neutral nerd said:

A while ago I was watching Jane the virgin (ive since stopped because its just so cringey). There was a part where 

Reveal hidden contents

a main character had breast cancer, so needed to undergo surgery. She hesitantly agreed, but one of the extras talked to her about how her body helped her or something. She decided not to get surgery (temporarily) because it would be "unnatural" to hurt her own body.

I can not understand how anyone would want those parts, I would get surgery in a heartbeat to remove these pointless drains on my quality of life. Yet when this person actually has cancer, she only feels grateful??? 

This is going to sound horrible but I remember when I was younger I used to see having them removed as a positive side of breast cancer o.o

Last night I was sitting with a couple of people in a bar. I realized that we happened to be sitting divided by genders and I was sitting just between both men and women, which oddly seems to fit.

4 hours ago, Bloc said:

Last night I was sitting with a couple of people in a bar. I realized that we happened to be sitting divided by genders and I was sitting just between both men and women, which oddly seems to fit.

This has happened to me multiple times. 😂

12 hours ago, Zsareph said:

This is going to sound horrible but I remember when I was younger I used to see having them removed as a positive side of breast cancer o.o

I don't see how that would sound horrible. Is that another trans moment?

Anthracite_Impreza
On 11/3/2018 at 10:45 AM, Zsareph said:

Not just when I was younger, still. In my darker moments I wish I could get it so they'd have no choice but to chop them off.

nerdperson777
8 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Not just when I was younger, still. In my darker moments I wish I could get it so they'd have no choice but to chop them off.

Since I was a late bloomer and I had weird aunts, I wondered about never getting a period.  (I had a flat aunt and another who lost one boob to breast cancer.)  I thought if that aunt didn't have boobs, maybe I won't have a period.  I wish that logic worked.

When you for the first time ever try out female shoes... And they fit comfortably. 

"This is my destiny"

"Omg, why do these fit so well... While I always had problems fitting male shoes? <_<" 

1 hour ago, Phoenix the II said:

When you for the first time ever try out female shoes... And they fit comfortably. 

"This is my destiny"

"Omg, why do these fit so well... While I always had problems fitting male shoes? <_<" 

I can really relate to that.

Anthracite_Impreza

I went to the bank today, there were four blokes in front of me, three women behind and me in the middle leaning against the barrier wanting to leave. It was like a visual metaphor of my life.

CW: genitals

Spoiler

Any other transmasc peeps legit forget that they are not in possession of a penis? Particularly in the context of making jokes e.g.

Dad: Can you put the pink thing (watering can) over the plants?

Me: Why would you ask me to put my peen...oh, wait, stop ABORT, ABORT, ABORT

Picture of a receipt on FB: "Ace baguette"

Me: I have an "ace baguette".

Me, to myself: What? No you don't.

Anthracite_Impreza

@Celyn I don't, but that did make me giggle ;) I do call myself a guy or man a lot though without even thinking about it.

PixleyDust✨

My grandmother (who doesn’t know my gender deal) teasing me while I was folding my laundry tonight produced a small, somewhat comical trans moment for me (I’d been teasing with her for a bit).

My grandma: *gives me a look* “You’re such a good girl...”

Me: *cringes in demiboy* *hopes no one noticed*

My grandma: “...yeah right.” *smiles*

Me: (out loud) “Yeah, I share your sentiments on that one.” 😆

It’s like, UM EXCUSE YOU, I’M A BOY...KIND OF. 

AND I’M FUCKING PRECIOUS HOW DARE YOU. 🤣

PixleyDust✨
On 11/3/2018 at 10:15 AM, Light02 said:

This has happened to me multiple times. 😂

That’s pretty much just my day to day now. I’m such a dork for noticing myself being actively part of visual metaphors representative of my life in public settings.

Shit is SO META. 🤣

Yeah I joke about my penis and balls xD 

meta you say... it gets the balls rolling ;) 

3 minutes ago, Emery. said:

Yeah I joke about my penis and balls xD 

meta you say... it gets the balls rolling ;) 

Sounds painful, I'd rather not

ElasticPlanet
On 11/5/2018 at 7:17 PM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I went to the bank today, there were four blokes in front of me, three women behind and me in the middle leaning against the barrier wanting to leave. It was like a visual metaphor of my life.

And mine! [EDIT: But what's new to me in just the last few years is I've started to realise most of the other people in that queue didn't resent being put into this binary system.]

Speaking of visual metaphors... I was looking at the makeup in local shops today. Which I admit I still find a tiny bit overwhelming even 2 years after I started. Anyway, the nail varnish colours are nearly all too pink/red for me. Apart from a few relevant pride flag colours I only really do blue/purple/black. So there I was in (by unwritten rule) the women's part of the shop, buying a nail colour named after Neptune, the male god of the sea. And for me, those things don't average out somewhere in the middle - they both just feel awkwardly wrong somehow...

2 hours ago, ElasticPlanet said:

Anyway, the nail varnish colours are nearly all too pink/red for me. Apart from a few relevant pride flag colours I only really do blue/purple/black

My favourite nail polish is metallic green and called "camouflage ". Just try telling me that's feminine. 

Archived