Looking for relationships, and what type.

wombat

Vote for the relationship you desire most...  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Marriage...to a signif. other
    • Life Partnership...to a sig. other
    • Multiple partners...a group of 3+ people in love.
    • Having Lots of Lots of friends...but I wouldn't live with em'
    • AVEN is good enough for me...I'm a Loner.
    • GO AWAY.
    • Other?

This poll is closed to new votes

baa*baa*grey*sheep

EDITED by SpockJr to remove another multiple post (-:þ

(There's another copy on the next page, folks....)

baa*baa*grey*sheep

I like the idea of living with a life partner/soulmate, who is also asexual. I'd also prefer to have one partner throughout my life, as opposed to having 2 or 3 and then find out the first one is my soulmate or something. As snazzy said:

I would like to share my life with somebody too, the RIGHT person. Get to know somebody inside and out, feel so comfortable with someone, laugh with someone, travel together...I have often felt that I would be so awesome in a relationship - I am fun, easy going, a great communicator,

...and a great listener. :wink:

I'd probably end up living on my own though with 2 - 3 cats, which I don't mind at all. I'm an independent person anyway, and prefer to do most things on my own. I even prefer shopping on my own! With other people, it just stresses me out! :evil:

As to marriage, I've never seen myself as the type to be married. It's probably down to the fact that I hear about so many people falling out of love and getting divorced, etc. I'd rather just live with my partner, safe in the knowledge that we are both happy and content with the way things are, instead of complicating things with marriage and such like. Also, the marriage preparations would just stress me out anyway. :shock:

Oops, I almost forgot to mention kids. :) I wouldn't mind having one child of my own, preferably a boy. Don't know why, but I'd rather become pregnant naturally instead of having to pay out 1000's of pounds just to have IVF. If I didn't end up with a partner and naturally fall pregnant, then I don't see myself as having children at all. I don't see myself adopting/fostering other children - I'd rather adopt cats!

:D

baa*baa*grey*sheep

Sorry I've posted the same message three time! I was having problems with my computer and thought my message hadn't posted. :twisted:

Can someone please delete my repeated messages. I don't know how to do this.

Thanks.

:D

Can someone please delete my repeated messages. I don't know how to do this.

Err, I'd rather not, cuz then we'll have one of those annoying linking problems with this thread.

However, I edited your first two posts out.

(Bows and retreats)

I actaully just recently asked myslef this question.... I mean, my whole life I thought that I was some late-bloomer or lesbo. But now that I know who i am, I've started to think about what I want from a different perspective. And I've decided...

I want a chick who's more than a friend, but less than a lover. I wouldn't call her a "partner", but maybe a "life-friend"?

I'd say a xena-gabrielle relationship :wink: :D :D :D

Except that I always felt that gabriella wanted more of a relationship than xena was giving. I always felt that gabriella was a lesbian, while xena just hated men and tolerated women. maybe I'm wrong though.

- Qua

I like to have a myriad of acquaintances from all walks of life and would chose either to live alone or a small commune....one to ones are to intense for me.

• 2 years later...

"Other."

Life partnership with a friend.

So basically a really really close friendship with someone.

I don't think I could function in a sexual relationship and finding another asexual is too hard.

I would like to have a soul mate type of friend, but I know for a fact that I can't be relied on too much.

In other words, myself first :? If a conflict arose, I wouldn't hesitate to break off the soulmateness.

That's me too. Eventually even sometimes job first. :( I wish that one was easier to replace for me.

OTOH I would like to have or at least have had for a while some cool wife somewhere. - Not necessarily to move together, more a distance thing with another loner... - I see no benefit in having quarrels over everyday crap, so avoiding this via distance seems nice. I wouldn't mind a shared partner. Those whom I love should be happy.

What do I really need? - It seems like one romance per year, meeting for a few days every 2nd month as a reallistic dream. Somehow I failed creating the space for a fulltime partner.

No children of my own please, but I wouldn't mind becoming a step uncle.

I'd like to be in a "gang" of very close friends... Like in the military.

...but a soulmate wouldn't be that bad either.

I voted for life partnership to a SO as i have been married bofore and not sure if i could do it again

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i picked life partner. i would love to find a soul mate, and we could be roommates forever. but i also like having a group of close friends, but i wouldn't want to live with all of them.

I voted for life partnership to a SO as i have been married bofore and not sure if i could do it again

I feel your pain, ML. I would not absolutely rule it out but it would definitely not be foremost on my mind. I think in some ways a committed life partnership could be an even stronger bonding between two people because it's based on a pact between them without the interference of outside entities.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to be in a long-term committed relationship with one person, not necesarily marriage, but something to that effect

Other: Having Lots of Lots of friends... and I would live with em'

I said AVEN is good enough for me. Partly because I do tend to be a loner, but also because I just feel a lot closer to the people here than I do to people I know in real life.

Of course, if we're talking, like, perfect utopian ideal here, then I would probably choose "life partner" or "other." If it was actually possible to find a person I could commit to (heck, even a person I could stand to be around for more than fifteen minutes at a time), I could totally see myself living with them, though most likely not marrying. However, I don't see this as a romantic relationship at all, just a very, very intimate friendship. But like I said...probably not going to happen, so I'll become AVEN's resident crotchety cat lady. *waves cane* Git off mah lawn! :evil:

Wings of a Dream

I'd love to get married (or have a civil partnership). As for kids...I'm not fussed. If my spouse wanted children then I'd be fine with that (as long as I didn't have to be one the one being pregnant) but if they didn't I'd be fine with that too. We'd have to have a dog though, definitely :D

I want a few close friends. I don't want "lots and lots" of friends. People are so demanding! So that's why I chose the loner one.

jewel_box554

I'm indecisive about almost everything in my life, and I can't decide if I want to be by myself or have a long-term relationship with someone. I'm 100% sure I don't want to get married, though. Sometimes I think I would like to live with someone for the rest of my life, but no one has ever liked me that way and I don't like that many people to begin with, so I'm kind of at odds with myself. If I do meet someone willing to put up with me then we'd probably adopt kids because I sure as hell won't be having any. If there's no kids in the picture, I'm going to be a foster mother for homeless dogs. :D

I don't need any: Aromantic. If in the very slim chance someone decides they want to date me, I wish them good luck. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
lonelyamoeba

I'd like to marry, maybe adopt kids if my partner is keen on kids...but it's not a priority for me. I could raise kids is my husband agrees to change the nappies and clean out potties. I can handle homework and dating woes! Lol. I like the idea of having a family and a home.

I picked other, because I'd like to have good friends that I don't live with, but not "lots and lots" of them.

Archived