Looking for relationships, and what type.

wombat

Vote for the relationship you desire most...  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Marriage...to a signif. other
    • Life Partnership...to a sig. other
    • Multiple partners...a group of 3+ people in love.
    • Having Lots of Lots of friends...but I wouldn't live with em'
    • AVEN is good enough for me...I'm a Loner.
    • GO AWAY.
    • Other?

This poll is closed to new votes

"Lots of friends" for me - or at least a few really good ones. Nothing finer than to have a good evening full of laughs, then go home. Plus it seems to be a success at that deep, emotional relationship thing, I'd have to be much more of a jerk - and I'm really just a benign-neglect kinda guy by nature.

i'm sometimes not to true to myself :? but i would just like to have someone to talk to, all my thoughts and feelings, to be near, to be friendly... my lonely feelings appear when i've nobody to talk to, much of the time, i seem happy to be by myself :(

i do call friends, i have some lovely open friends, who are important in my life, i fall for openness....

Well...most interesting....

Does this mean that a majority of AVEN members seek relationships? Very interesting...I still think this idea of more in depth profiles for those who are seeking relationships is a good idea....kinda hard having to sort through all these posts....

anyway...most interesting....I only wish that ALL of AVEN could vote...too bad.

AVEN's good enough for me :D I'm totally a loner!!!

So have I....I've always dreamed of having a close girlfriend, like a soulmate, but I haven't found anyone who has half of anything in common with me, the 'ol weirdo here.

• 1 month later...

Oohh. Lookit this lovely dead thread I've found. *applies defibrillator* Clear! *ZAP*

I just want to be sure of someone.

I mean it in a soul-bonding sort of way, not a 'please someone love me' sort of way. I'm something of a romantic. And I'm not ashamed of that!

Shoot. Sounds good to me.

I could never picture myself as married. I think I would like to have a lifelong special someone, though. I wouldn't even necessarily want to live with that person. I think it'd be best to live mostly apart and stay out of one another's hair. Why? Because I'd want to love every moment spent in that person's presence.

I don't want to sit across the table from you wishing I could run.

I wouldn't want the daily grind of domestic living to wear on the relationship. Don't want to outstay my welcome, in a manner of speaking.

I'm totally for a completely nonsexual monogamous relationship. *sighes dreamily*

Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I totally want the whole soulmate thing. Maybe it was too many novels as a child...

But while I don't want to be married, I'll take the tax benefits any day. And I can be romantic and cheap!

I've thought about adopting kids, but, you knox, I think I'd rather be the beloved, spoiling aunt.

For me, I would like to be married, but I really want it to be with a person who I always like being with, and who I really do love. I know most marriages don't end up like that, but I can still dream :)

Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I totally want the whole soulmate thing. Maybe it was too many novels as a child...

But while I don't want to be married, I'll take the tax benefits any day. And I can be romantic and cheap!

I've thought about adopting kids, but, you knox, I think I'd rather be the beloved, spoiling aunt.

i'll be an aunty in 31 weeks!!

(shrieks) GO WHIRLY!!!!!!!

Make sure you send lots of markers and play-dough when that kid reaches 2 :twisted: Uah ha ha ha ha.

when I was younger, i also tried play-doh... :oops: I do prefer *real* food though, and it was really salty as well... :?

Josh, until just now I had forgotten that I tried play doh when I was a kid. I don't think I actually consumed it, but I did taste it and yes, it WAS quite salty.

Cate

When I was a kid (under 6) I loved to eat the following:

Wax crayons

Play Doh

Glue

Boogers

Cat food

And I'm sure there are a few missing from that list :lol:

:shock: .........huh........OK!

So...when i was young i used to eat dog food.....but that was a long time ago....

SO! Yeah....back to topic. Um....as far as it goes for me....I'm a fairly open minded guy....marrige is cool. Life parnerships are cool....Heck, even groups....

As long as "love" is in there....I'm ok with it. Sure there are lots of "i wishes"....and I know that love has this tag of pure idealism with it....but i know that it doesnt....just look at the high divorce rates.....Love is very odd....and i think it is not perfection ....nothing is perfect. I think love is someone you care about...and enjoy the presence of...and have a special connection with.....and it's all about that "special connection".....

So...Yeah....i hope to find myself with a lady one of these days....I'll just have to keep looking i guess....that or make a list and go on a gigantic road trip....that or get REALLY rich, buy some land, build a small community and invite all asexuals to live there. Somehow WE ALL HAVE TO MEET EACH OTHER....it's kinda an important step.

But for right now...the plan is to travel the world for 2 to 3 years working at different wineries in the northern and southern hemispheres and travel the world....YEAH! Then grad school.....then go on a quest for love!

SO YEAH! We'll see what happens....*sigh*....asexual love....the purest love of all....*sigh2*.

BUT ANYWAY.....done now...

Live R Perfect
When I was a kid (under 6) I loved to eat the following:

Wax crayons

Play Doh

Glue

Boogers

Cat food

:oops: erm... I still eat boogers sometimes.... :oops:

• 2 weeks later...
OrganicPainCollector

Hi,

I thought this post was interesting and your posts compelling this has been something I have of course pondered for years like the rest of you.

I voted for life partner. I don't like the bondage of marridge. Sharing your life with another human being is great. I would like to do that plus share intimacy. Could be a pipe dream though.

I have documented my thought process on love for myself over the last couple of years and I'm proud of it, its fairly short in my opinion.

http://www.whatthehellamidoinghere.com/relationships.htm

I don't think I'm a bastard. However, I do have a hard time picking up the phone and just calling people to ask what they are doing and if they want to hang out. One, I hate to bother people since I hate being bothered myself. Two, I am just to damn comfortable doing stuff by myself.

There's always hope though I guess.

Whirlygirl, I hope you have fun with your niece/nephew - I take it this is the first? My brother didn't live here when his daughter was born so I didnt' get the benefit of her when she was itty-bitty (I love the itty-bitty ones) but they moved back here when she was a year old. I didn't think I'd enjoy her once she got to be 6 or 7, she's 11 now and we have a blast doing things. There are even a few things that are for her and I only. We go to a dinner theatre every now and again, just her and I. We do some shopping trips, she's like me in that she doesn't have to look at and try everything on, we rarely shop for clothes anyway.

My brother ate the feet off my Barbie doll when I was a kid! Bastard. Not only that but when my niece was about 4 or 5, I was talking to her mum on the phone and all of a sudden there was this shriek and tears in the back ground. Knowing they only have one kid, I could only guess that my brother was tormenting his own kid. So I got Charlotte on the line and asked what her dad was doing. She snivelled and said "he took my Barbie, swung 'er wound and wound by da hair an yet her go!" So much for evolution.

I voted 'other' in the poll but I can see that there are quite a few of us who have the same want - a solid relationship. I never want kids, ever. There is no room to change my mind on that one. I sponsor one overseas and would like to go work with them overseas at some point but no, never want one of my own.

I think most of us want the relationship because we're just figuring out that it's okay to want the closeness without having to have the sex. I'd like a very special lifemate but not to live with them. A bunch of friends is great, too but at the end of the day, I'd like one special person.

I'd definitely go for "Having Lots of Lots of friends...but I wouldn't live with em." I'm not anti-social or anything, but having people around me 24/7 would drive me crazy. I do enjoy spending several hours with my friends every couple of days, having a great laugh though. Like bishiopsheen wrote, there's nothing finer than that! :D Having to live/marry each other would just make us appreciate each other's company less. I don't think I'm committed enough to maintain a serious relationship like that anyways.

Bestatued Head

I'm the kind of person who would like to have a lifelong partner. I'm not to big on elaborate traditions, and I'm not romantic. Plus I like to wollow over ideas, find solutions, be a nuisance, and live in a natural atmostshpere. Gee.

I do have a hard time picking up the phone and just calling people to ask what they are doing and if they want to hang out. One, I hate to bother people since I hate being bothered myself. Two, I am just to damn comfortable doing stuff by myself.

I'm the same way, OPC. I loathe being called up and asked to do things, I feel as if it's cutting in on my 'me time'. I like loads of me time. Pretty much whenever I'm not at work is me time.

It never occurs to me to ring someone and ask do doing something with that person because if I want to do something I just go and do it. Once you get another person involved then there has to be a plan and a time to meet etc. I'm selfish, I don't want to wait around for another person. I'm also perfectly happy doing my own thing and don't notice that I'm alone in the first place. Yay for all of the voices in my head, keeping me company!

Cate

looking back... I know I am happy without a relationship, and I know I do not need to be in a relationship in order to survive. While I continue to think that one day I would like to be in a relationship with someone else, every relationship-like thing that I have had to deal with, I always felt thrown in, somewhat against my will, and it always ends up making me unhappy :P I really need to learn from that though.... :roll:

Archived