How Can I Be Supportive Of An Aromantic?

BelleJinx

I wasn't really sure where to put this so I put it here. Long story short, I identify as a sexual but I'm in love with someone who refers to himself as a Demi aromantic, even possibly an ace. I understand having sexual issues, as I have a few of my own, but I have absolutely no idea how it works with an aromantic. What do I do or say? What do I not do or say? This guy is amazing and I want him to know that I think so.

The best way of being on the receiving end of an aromantic person's affection is to be their friend, as far as I'm concerned.

A word of caution: if you're actually in love with the guy, be prepared for some sort of ugly mess at some point. It's a type of situation that, if handled with care, can reach a nice equilibrium, where you're both happy with being friends, but getting there is tricky.

Best of luck!

I've already told him how I feel and he says he likes me too but thinks the way he is would hurt me or get in the way. I totally see what he means but I don't feel that it would. His best friend (also an aromantic ace) advised me not to give up on him but to give him time. I'm fine with that but I also don't wNt to say or do the wrong thing. He doesn't like touching or romantic, mushy things, not a fan of sex. Fine. All th

That posted before I could. My point was that I've never believed there was only one form of romance. No one size fits all. And sex terrifies me so it's not like is miss out a whole lot in that dept.

Archived