Took the love language test

Glad-I-Found-This-Site

Mine:

10 Quality Time

8 Acts of Service

5 Physical Touch

5 Words of Affirmation

2 Receiving Gifts

Off topic, but I read the subject and thought I LOVE LANGUAGE, I WANT TO TAKE THE TEST! and then realized that's not what it was about at all. /sweatdrop/

11 Quality Time
8 Acts of Service
6 Words of Affirmation
4 Physical Touch

1 Receiving Gifts

More or less accurate, I think... I appreciate just spending one on one time with my partner, though I am also an avid cuddler, so I'm surprised that physical touch isn't higher for me. I think it's also hard for me to distinguish between things that I would like to happen more often and therefore would find more meaningful AT THIS POINT IN TIME, as opposed to what I would objectively find the most meaningful as an expression of love. But overall I think these results are fairly accurate.
  • 2 weeks later...

I just did it aaaaaaaand:

8 Acts of Service 8 Quality Time 6 Physical Touch 5 Words of Affirmation 3 Receiving Gifts

the whole gift thing kinda doesnt matter, but i am not a fan of PDAs, the prospect of the matter has always irked me...

I hate that test. >.< I study at a Christian school and had to listen to a teacher I don't like talking about it for months. Ugh.

9 Acts of Service 9 Quality Time 7 Receiving Gifts 3 Words of Affirmation 2 Physical Touch

Pretty much what I expected. I am very non-demonstrative through touch or verbal communication; I communicate my love by putting effort into making things for people that I think they'd like (I'm a crafter/knitter/baker/beader...hell, I'll try anything once if it's creative). I am also content just being in the same room with a loved one, even if we're doing separate things.

I suspect my partner would be the reverse, except with Gifts at the bottom of his list. We speak very different languages, and struggle as a result. We still haven't figured it out.

UnplannedCauli

I bought the book and took the test about a year ago and my results were striking:

12 Words of affirmation

6 Quality time

6 Acts of Service

6 Receiving gifts

0 Physical touch

But back then I haven't yet known that I was asexual (just thought I had too low sex drive) nor that I'm a DoNM.

A narcissistic mother nicely explains the 12 for Words of affirmation (very shortly: my mother thought the world of herself and I was her scapegoat, never good enough; in fact the self-help healing book for DoNM is titled "Will I Ever be Good Enough?").

I think the my vision of mostly sex-less world clashed so hard with my experience of extremely sexual world that is caused to me to resent touching so much. I remember telling someone that only my small children have unlimited touching privileges with me, not even my husband. I wonder how will my score look like in a few months, when I'm somewhat more healed and accepting. I already see that I want more hugs.

wavesontheshore

12Quality Time

7Words of Affirmation

6Acts of Service

5Physical Touch

0Receiving Gifts

This is about right for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken this test a number of times. It is actually different for my normal relationships and the one geared towards parent and cold relationships. My primary languages are physical touch and quality time. With my parent physical is like my number one hate language.

I haven't taken the test since I was single, though, so here are my results based upon the test for if I am in a relationship (which I am btw). This was my first time with the relationship version, and my only qualm was that it asked questions that I couldn't relate to because of my asexuality, like kissing.

10 physical touch

9 quality time

5 words of affirmation

4 receiving gifts

2 acts of service

My results were actually a little more balanced than in the past. ^_^

10 Physical touch

8 Quality time

6 Acts of Services

4 Words of affirmation

2 Gift receiving

Yep. Turns out I'm pretty cuddly in my relationship. Which is weird because I hate people touching me. I guess with my partner it's just different =3

I recall taking this test awhile back. Some of those questions were meh, but overall I think the ranking for me is accurate.

10 Quality Time

8 Physical Touch

6 Acts of Service

4 Words of Affirmation

2 Receiving Gifts

I want to BE with people, and hugs and other signs of physical affection do me a WORLD of good. Gifts are nice if they're well thought out, but I'll take QT over a thing every time!

10 Quality Time
6 Acts of Service
6 Words of Affirmation
5 Physical Touch
3 Receiving Gifts

If I could do nothing but spend time and cuddle with someone I love, I would be in paradise.

Here is my score!

10 Acts of Service

9 Quality Time

6 Words of Affirmation

3 Physical Touch

2 Receiving Gifts

10 Physical Touch
8 Quality Time
6 Acts of Service
6 Words of Affirmation
0 Receiving Gifts

I'm surprised Words of Affirmation wasn't higher... I suppose it's tied with Acts of Service though.

Seems pretty accurate to me!

Gotta say that I disliked the test, I don't care about gifts but had to pick them because other option was so bs to me, and same with "words of affirmation", I would get uncomfortable if someone said "Oh Messen, you shall know I appreciate you, and love you, and you mean so much to me". Like wtf. "Thank you"? >..>

I agree with the dislike of how it was set up in that way :blush:

8 Acts of Service

8 Quality Time

8 Words of Affection

3 Physical Touch

3 Receiving Gifts

One of the big flaws in the test, IMO, is that "physical touch" isn't broken down into sexual and nonsexual categories. Nonsexual touch is hugely important to me, but sexual touch isn't.

E.

I also agree with this comment as well :P

So because of these reasons I would say my results were not accurate -_-

Janus the Fox

B. 10 Quality Time

E. 9 Physical touch

A. 8 Words of Affirmation

C. 2 Receiving Gifts

D. 1 Acts of Service

Yeah... I prefer the quality time a partner brings, intimacy and nice words Hmm...

Truth and Lies

Some of these questions were no brainers; others required more thought to answer, sometimes because neither answer fit.

11 Quality Time

10 Physical Touch

5 Acts of Service

3 Words of Affirmation

1 Receiving Gifts

I would say the first two are accurate. Quality time is extremely important to me, and I am a very affectionate person with ones I love (would probably be more so with a significant other). :wub: Of course, physical touch isn't everything for me; I would be respectful of a partner who did not care for physical touch.

I especially loved the answer in which one's partner would take care to not check their phone while speaking with me because it seems like too many people do so. My childhood friend frequently did this, and my other friend-ish person does it as well sometimes, on the rare occasion that we are able to meet.

Touchofinsight

Found my results from an old thread in Census forum:

Physical Touch: 11

Acts of Service: 8

Quality Time: 7

Words of Affirmation: 4

Receiving Gifts: 0

I didn't like the test very much, because sometimes neither option was appealing to me (usually between words of affirmation and receiving gifts, and I'm pretty sure the 4 points for words were all from beating gifts).

My (sexual) partner's results were fairly similar to mine. Pretty sure his highest and lowest were the same as mine.

I feel similar to you in terms of gifts and the test overall. I don't remember which time I chose gifts but it felt like the more I ignored or didn't use that answer the more questions I got about gifts... Affirmation is nice and all but people can say whatever they please actions show me a lot more then words and of course I am very responsive to physical affection.

10 Physical Touch

7 Acts of Service

7 Quality Time

5 Words of Affirmation

1 Receiving Gifts

Your Scores

11 Quality Time

8 Words of Affirmation

4 Acts of Service

4 Physical Touch

3 Receiving Gift

This is very interesting. It seemed quite obvious that "Quality Time" would come out on top for me.

But, I'm surprised "Acts of Service" and "Physical Touch" was tied.

Thanks for the test!

• 2 weeks later...
cheeringselenator

Quality Time 9 Words of Affirmation 7 Receiving Gifts 4 Acts of Service 1 Physical Touch

These are my scores!

Oh, sure, what the hell...?

10 Physical Touch

7 Acts of Service

6 Quality Time

6 Words of Affirmation

1 Receiving Gifts

What this says about me is open to your interpretation, but I'm not in complete disagreement with this assessment.

11 Acts of Service

10 Quality Time

3 Physical Touch

3 Receiving Gifts

3 Words of Affirmation

Hmm. Yes. The last three are equal and low. That about sums it up for me. XD

Your Scores

11 Quality Time

7 Acts of Service

7 Words of Affirmation

5 Receiving Gifts

0 Physical Touch

I've never been into physical touch both sexual and non-sexual but I need to be able to spend time with my s/o for our relationship to work.

• 3 weeks later...
Alchemistress

9 Acts of Service

9 Quality Time

7 Words of Affirmation

4 Physical Touch

1 Receiving Gifts

Getting gifts actually makes me kinda uncomfortable? I dunno why. Especially since I love giving gifts so much Q.Q wow..

Okay, I'll bite.

9 Quality Time

7 Acts of Service

7 Physical Touch

7 Words of Affirmation

0 Receiving Gifts.

Heh, getting gifts from people makes me a little uncomfortable. I'm not quite sure why. ^^;

Also, I'm generally a little stand-offish about people touching me so that's a bit odd....

PastryBubbles

Your Scores

8 Physical Touch

8 Quality Time

7 Words of Affirmation

4 Acts of Service

3 Receiving Gifts

Not very surprising, to be honest.

I didn't really like the test to be perfectly honest, but my results were:

10 Words of Affirmation

9 Quality Time

7 Physical Touch

4 Acts of Service

0 Receiving Gifts

• 2 weeks later...
littlesmiley

My partner and I (he's male asexual) have both read the book. I urged him to do it just to get a feel of where I was coming from and why I always feel hurt. But our problem is that he doesn't like touch at all (I might get a hug once a day which is huge) so our main way of staying and maintaining a love is through time spent together. But While my quality time is just with him. He gets it though all his friends. I'm new, so I'm not sure of the term but he's not really romantically attracted to men or women. He just loves everything.
This is mine:

11 Physical Touch 10 Quality Time 4 Words of Affirmation 3 Acts of Service 2 Receiving Gifts

This is his:

11 Quality Time 7 Acts of Service 6 Words of Affirmation 5 Receiving Gifts 1 Physical Touch

Archived