Took the love language test

Glad-I-Found-This-Site

Glad-I-Found-This-Site

My wife and I just took the love language quiz. It ended up pretty much the way I expected. I'd be curious to see the results of others in mixed relationships.

HER RESULTS

Acts of Service (11 points)

Quality Time (8 points)

Words of Affirmation (6 points)

Receiving Gifts (4 points)

Physical Touch (1 point)

MY RESULTS

Physical Touch (8 points)

Quality Time (8 points)

Words of Affirmation (7 points)

Acts of Service (4 points)

Receiving Gifts (3 points)

The test is short, but kind of hard. There were a bunch where I wasn't sure what to pick. I think my results might be slightly different depending on my mood at the time.

Her results (particularly top and bottom) were exactly what I expected.

Agreed, I definitely wanna take it too if you still have the link!

9 Acts of Service 8 Quality Time 6 Words of Affirmation 4 Physical Touch 3

Receiving Gifts

I think acts of serviceis just on there because of how often i'm always overstressed. I wish that people in my life who claim to care about me would ever acknowledge this.

Feel free to merge my posts, mods.

I usually do. :lol:

These were my scores:

9 Quality Time

7 Physical Touch

7 Words of Affirmation

4 Receiving Gifts

3 Acts of Service

I almost feel like Acts of Service turned out low because that area is so fulfilled already...I chose other options over it on some questions. It seems pretty accurate.

Your Scores

9 Quality Time

6 Acts of Service

6 Words of Affirmation

5 Physical Touch

4 Receiving Gifts

I can live with this haha

EDIT: Idk what that originally posted all in one line o.o

Notte stellata

Found my results from an old thread in Census forum:

Physical Touch: 11
Acts of Service: 8
Quality Time: 7
Words of Affirmation: 4
Receiving Gifts: 0

I didn't like the test very much, because sometimes neither option was appealing to me (usually between words of affirmation and receiving gifts, and I'm pretty sure the 4 points for words were all from beating gifts).

My (sexual) partner's results were fairly similar to mine. Pretty sure his highest and lowest were the same as mine.

10 Quality Time

7 Acts of Service

5 Words of Affirmation

4 Physical Touch

4 Receiving Gifts

Gotta say that I disliked the test, I don't care about gifts but had to pick them because other option was so bs to me, and same with "words of affirmation", I would get uncomfortable if someone said "Oh Messen, you shall know I appreciate you, and love you, and you mean so much to me". Like wtf. "Thank you"? >>

Rest is probably correct though, quality time ftw. :D

Glad-I-Found-This-Site

In hindsight, I think it would be interesting to include whether people are sexual or ace.

I agree with those who said that the choices were difficult at times, as there were times when neither option was overly appealing, or when I felt that one option was appealing only if interpreted a certain way. But while it might come out slightly different if I were to take it again, I think it pretty much nailed me. And unfortunately, it nailed my wife, too. I say unfortunately because it supported my belief about how little physical touch means to her.

SilentComplexity

...Lamest damn quiz I've ever taken. Your Scores 11 Quality Time 9 Acts of Service 6 Receiving Gifts 3 Words of Affirmation 1

Physical Touch

curvyrainbowboi

Hi there. I lurk a lot and haven't posted, I think, at all, even though I've been a member for at least a year. Oops. ^_^0

But I took the quiz, and while I agree some of the choices were kind of.... "uhh, neither??" I also agree with my results.

8 Receiving Gifts
7 Quality Time
6 Acts of Service
5 Physical Touch
4 Words of Affirmation

Guess, I'm just a trinket and time kinda guy? ^///^

I got:

11 Quality Time

7 Acts of Service

6 Physical Touch

3 Receiving Gifts

3 Words of Affirmation

which I suppose kind-of reflects what I most feel is missing from my life (I don't really have any real-life close relationships, except family :mellow: ).

quality time 11

acts 9

gifts 6

Touch and words 4

I felt odd answering these questions.....it was either you are using the person for free gifts or you are touching them. Didn't really feel like any of those options worked for me.

I felt odd answering these questions.....it was either you are using the person for free gifts or you are touching them. Didn't really feel like any of those options worked for me.

lol... I don't really think of it as "using the person for free gifts". I was more thinking of the situations that are like "I know you hate the ricola cough drops so i stopped on the way home and got you more delicious ones". (true story btw)

10 Physical Touch

10 Quality Time

7 Acts of Service

2 Receiving Gifts

1 Words of Affirmation

Hmm. Pretty accurate. :P

On gift giving: As Skull says, it doesn't have to be a huge gift in a relationship to count. It's kinda up for individual interpretation. For example, I knew someone once that didn't feel appreciated by their husband if he said no to buying her a diamond, or a new jaguar, etc. And one of my exes used gifts like expensive jewelry to show affection (completely wrong way for me though, given I don't even WEAR jewelry...).

But, for a lot of people "gift giving" ends up being something closer to normal "I was thinking of you" small gifts. Remembering to get them their favorite doughnut when you go to get one for yourself, getting them a coffee in the morning when you get yours, etc. Just small little tokens of appreciation and thoughtfulness. For example, I got my partner a wallet I saw on sale cause I knew his was falling apart and he's so anti-shopping, he'll let it become shreds before he remembers to do it himself. That's not really "using" someone for free gifts, it's just a way to show you care about your partner's needs and remember what they like/don't like/have going on in even the small details.

I've never taken the test but recently read the book and it was pretty obvious that my boyfriend's ONLY requirement was physical touch, while mine were the other 4, with a little bit of physical touch (like cuddling). Reading the book did help me to understand him and our relationship a little bit better.

5_♦♣

10 for both quality time and physical touch, 6 for words of affirmation, 4 for acts of service and 0 for receiving gifts.

One of the big flaws in the test, IMO, is that "physical touch" isn't broken down into sexual and nonsexual categories. Nonsexual touch is hugely important to me, but sexual touch isn't.

E.

Did this one before... didn't remember my exact score, so I did it again...

10 Words of Affirmation

9 Quality Time

4 Acts of Service

4 Physical Touch

3 Receiving Gifts

I think last time I had AoS on the last place? but anyway, WoA and QT coming up at the top by a considerable margin, with WoA slightly ahead of QT, is the exact same result I had on my first test. :)

I think last time I had AoS on the last place? but anyway, WoA and QT coming up at the top by a considerable margin, with WoA slightly ahead of QT, is the exact same result I had on my first test. :)

Hm.. I wonder if WoA scores higher than QT because of the nature of your relationship, or if the nature of your relationship is the way it is because WoA are more important to you than QT? :)

Physical Touch: 8

Quality Time: 8

Words of Affirmation: 6

Acts of Service: 5

Receiving Gifts: 3

I have two primary love languages, it seems pretty accurate.

Something I noticed is that most people here score high on Quality time.

Something I noticed is that most people here score high on Quality time.

Well, unsurprisingly. No matter the kind of relationship, just spending time with someone you like seems to be an enjoyable thing. Meanwhile, all the other things depend on the type of the relationship and on the person.

Hm.. I wonder if WoA scores higher than QT because of the nature of your relationship, or if the nature of your relationship is the way it is because WoA are more important to you than QT? :)

Hehe. Well there's still a lot of QT in it, what with watching shows and movies together that we both love. :)

But I'm very much a verbal person by nature (I don't mean talkative... I'm far too introverted for that :P, but my thought structures are very much in words, not pictures, and you all will have noticed by now I can't help but write in long, complex sentences :blush:). So my best bet on that question would be the latter - I found the kind of ship that suits my needs, and this structure of needs was in place long before the ship. I just have to look at all the pages-long love letters and poems I wrote when in the throes of limerence.

Ascalon the Demoknight

Did it yesterday and got high for gift trade and low for verbal encouragement and physical stimulation. Pretty much what I expected. I love giving gifts and I love receiving them even more :D Speaking of which, Merry Christmas.

Verbal encouragement...eh, whenever someone gets all mushy and sentimental towards me I feel like throwing up, and touch me anywhere and in exactly one tenth of a second, I will have detected you, shifted my position and sliced your finger off with my fingernails which will have doubled in size and sharpness in that time, and all keratin inside shall be converted into titanium for my personal use against you.

10 Quality Time 8 Acts of Service 5 Receiving Gifts 5 Words of Affirmation 2 Physical Touch

I knew I was never touchy-feely but I'm surprised that receiving gifts is as high as it is xD

• 2 weeks later...
Kitty Spoon Train
11 Quality Time

10 Physical Touch

6 Words of Affirmation

3 Acts of Service

0 Receiving Gifts

Yep, totally expected. Actually, in reality it's probably almost entirely the first two. I think the others are just getting points because certain questions are geared that way, so there's no way to achieve 100% just Quality Time and Physical Touch.

For me, a cuddle buddy / affectionate friendship type relationship which is almost entirely based on spending quality time together (including affectionate touch) is a totally self-contained and beautiful thing. Don't really need much else. :wub:

10 Quality Time

9 Physical Touch

6 Words of Affirmation

3 Acts of Service

2 Receiving Gifts

Seems pretty accurate to me. ^_^

Archived