Goths?

Spectre/Ex/Machina

Goths  

1. 1. Are you a Goth?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

NarcissusEcho

Mostly goth on the inside now though I still have my goth on the outside days as well. My favourite style is EGA though I don't really have the money to maintain it. :(

• 2 weeks later...
SpiritGrove

I have an identical twin sister who is goth. She is kinda a combination of a Victorian Goth, Romantic Goth, and Perky Goth.

Yes, but I'm not into the 'scene'. I am more an ascetics sort of Goth. I love halloween, have a good percentage of my wardrobe black without trying, am grateful for Hot Topic because I am not a Do-It-Yourselfer. I eye roll at people that complain about that store or claim you aren't really goth if you don't have hand made cloths. Let me have my cheap corset tops! I don't have tons of money to have someone else custom make my cloths!

I appreciate death as part of the cycle of life, mushrooms are awesome! As are crows, who are smarter then people given them credit for & bats who are our best defense against mosquitos! I grew up with Addams Family, the Crow and Rocky Horror. I want a romance like Morticia and Gomez if I'm ever to have one! No, I don't like horror movies, but I'll watch comedy horror.

Life is beautiful, life is transient.

I have a story in the works with necromancers as the good guys.

When I do claim my goth-hood, which I don't bother most the time I'll say I'm a Victorian Goth, or a Hippy Goth, though really, I'm just me.

I have no idea what qualifies as goth these days, but back in the late 80s's and early 90's it was generally anyone who tended to dress in black (usually including makeup and nail polish, especially if female), was into horror and dark-themed stuff, maybe listened to black or death metal, etc. So basically no, I would not have considered myself to be goth, though I could understand those who were (also, my mom would not have let me out of the house had I tried to dress like that when I was a teen!). I was, however, into death/black metal and horror films, and also I was fascinated by old Victorian houses and hauntings and dark histories of some old houses. So I probably would have qualified had I dressed the dress for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Spectre/Ex/Machina

I have to go shopping soon for cloths that express my flavor of goth. Also, Imma dye my hair.

• 5 months later...
J. van Deijck

I'm a goth, but I don't follow any particular trend. I mix traditional, romantic and cybergoth in my appearance, I also take some influence from metalheads (and from Amy Lee - don't eat me for it!). My music taste is pretty wide, too. I love anything from metal to electronics, if it's just "goth enough".

Can a person be a 'semi-goth' ...because that is what I would be.

Amber Elizabeth

Yes, I consider myself one, though I'm more of a casual t-shirt and jeans goth in dress.

J. van Deijck

Can a person be a 'semi-goth' ...because that is what I would be.

Being goth is also about being original, so why not. :3
  • 2 weeks later...

I have my dress-y moments when I feel like putting on something other than my band tees or whatever. I'd say my style mixes traditional and Victorian/romantic. I just need to get a velvet coat...

As for other aspects besides clothes, I adore gothic rock and metal music, home and outside decor (castles anyone?) and have been getting into 'darker' written works

J. van Deijck

Yaaaay castles! *high five to Naali* I'd love to build a house that looks like a castle :3

I'd also need a long black coat. And platform boots, because I don't have any atm. <_< :x

For written things, I love a lot, but Paradise Lost is my favourite forever.

J. van Deijck

I'm pretty sure I'll never "grow out". Goth culture has a beautiful history and tradition. Though nowadays there are lots of people who think they are goths because they listen to Within Temptation :lol:

• 1 month later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived