Myers-Briggs: 16 Personalities

n7vulcan

Myers-Briggs (MBTI) Personality Types  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Myers-Briggs (MBTI) Personality Type?

• INFP
    • INFJ
    • INTJ
    • INTP
    • ISFJ
    • ISFP
    • ISTP
    • ISTJ
    • ENFJ
    • ENFP
    • ENTJ
    • ENTP
    • ESFJ
    • ESFP
    • ESTJ
    • ESTP
  2. 2. Do you feel your given personality type is accurate?

• Yes
    • No
    • Mostly
    • A little

This poll is closed to new votes

...it's a good thing I love introverts, I guess. :P

And, ENTP here! Supposedly we are the most introverted of the extroverts.. The numbers here seem to support that, or rather that we're more introverted. What's more interesting though is the high incidence of N vs S amoung us Aces. Interesting, though understandable..

A Different Mononoke

I was rather marginal in places so it's a little difficult :/

Trying to learn more about the functions because that's the best way to understand your type and if it's the right one. (Before I was mostly going on the type descriptions and how much I related to them. I didn't want to get deep into the theory because it seemed like a lot to absorb.)

This is helpful: http://questdrivencollie.tumblr.com/post/126881874913/mbti-explained

And this: http://www.personality-central.com/distinguishing-personality-types.html

VindicatorPhoenix

INFP here, it was pretty accurate. ^_^

EverythingAtOnce

I've been typed as both INFJ and INFP, but I feel that INFJ is definitely better suited for me :)

There aren't very many extroverts on here... That's a little shocking but at the same time not surprising.

Trying to learn more about the functions because that's the best way to understand your type and if it's the right one. (Before I was mostly going on the type descriptions and how much I related to them. I didn't want to get deep into the theory because it seemed like a lot to absorb.)

This is helpful: http://questdrivencollie.tumblr.com/post/126881874913/mbti-explained

And this: http://www.personality-central.com/distinguishing-personality-types.html

Yes, oh my god, it's such a shame that more people don't study the functions. I discovered them in the summer and since then I've been trying (and kind of failing) to type people and find out how they're thinking.

But most people seem to only go off the four-letter label, when that's the least important part of it all. EVERYONE SHOULD LOOK AT THEIR FUNCTIONS, THOSE FOUR LETTERS STAND FOR A LONGER THING WHICH MAKES WAY MORE SENSE, AND IT DOESNT RELY ON HOROSCOPE-TYPE BLANKET STATEMENTS LIKE "U R A OPENHEARTED TRUTH-SEEKER!!!1!" THE 8 FUNCTIONS THEORY IS WONDERFUL THE END THIS HAS BEEN A PSA.

But the four-letter label is useful if your functions are all over the place in odd ways. Overall, I'm more INTJ without energy than INTP.

Kind of interesting that it's mostly IN-types on here - 75.83% so far! I feel like I mostly make friends with IN-people anyway, so this makes me feel like I've found my people on here.

I think maybe this says more about what sorts of people tend to spend a lot of time on an online forum, though, than it says about what sorts of people tend to be asexual.

I always come up INFP, personally. To me the summary of INFPs is "we all like to think that we have these beautiful secret poetic souls."

Darya-Kuryakin

I've typed as both INTJ and ISTJ, so..... I fit as both, but the ISTJ is more recent so I stuck with that one. *sighs* Of course it would be a smaller one.......

ISTJ

Introvert(66%) Sensing(9%) Thinking(16%) Judging(1%)

You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (66%)

You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (9%)

You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (16%)

You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

Well, ENTP here and it fits quite well. Sometimes near I, but usually on the E side.

And yes, understanding the functions is a good idea.

After all, "It's random and brilliant and can sometimes annoy people." or "Even stupid things that don’t really matter, it enjoys playing with it." sounds much better than "Um, yeah, I have ADD." :)

INFP, although I am pretty close between INFP and INTP. I think I'm slightly more F than T, though.

Well, we all have all of the functions, it's about which functions we prefer to use. For INFPs, that'd be Fi, Ne, Si, and Te. But we still can use Fe, Ni, Se, and Ti, we just have a preference...and I believe it is possible to build up an inferior function, too. So it makes sense that an INFP may have a more developed Ti compared to other INFPs.

• 2 weeks later...
ConsistentlyConsistent

I always thought my personality type result was absolutely dead on accurate.

INFP represent.

http://www.slayerment.com/mbti-gender

^^ Shows some pie charts with male and female results on the Myers Briggs. What I find interesting (even though our group of voters doesn't constitute a valid statistical group at this time), is that the top entries shown here are some of the least common regions on the pie chart (likely because their chart has a bulk of "sensing feeling judging" types). If I incorrectly assume that the pie charts in the link are closer to a "status quo" across all sexualities or perhaps just for heterosexuals and compare the results with our own, we are much more likely to either be more introverted or more inclined to rely on intuition rather than senses.

INTJ here.

Perissodactyla

I take this test every few months and get a different result each time.

My social and work circumstances have a tendency to change a lot during the year.

So I'm inclined to think that for at least SOME people, if not many, MBTI doesn't measure a 'fixed personality/temperament' but more how one's personality/temperament functions in a social context at a particular moment in time. As the social context changes, so can one's personality/temperament type.

I might just be a mutant, 'very flexible type', but while I really value what I've learned from the feedback I get from this test, I always think/feel it's a temporary snap-shot of my psyche when I happen to answer the questions.

For example, the first time I took the test, I was INTJ.

Later... I was ENFP.

:)

I tend to think I oscillate between 3 out of the 4 pairs, so when someone asks me what my type is I just say:

XNXX, since X is used to stand for Both, In-between or Balanced, of course.

Consider this assertion:

"Individual subjects are presented principally as produced by social forces, rather than acting as powerful independent agents with self-produced identities."

I obviously tend to agree with this opinion, just based on my personal experience taking this test repeatedly at several-month intervals.

But perhaps most people's type doesn't change that much, or people don't consider taking the test often enough to see that one's 'subject position' can actually be somewhat dynamic. :)

• 1 month later...
Nea Rose Symphony

Every time I take the test it gives me different results. The first time I took it said INTP. Idk if it changes its mind

I'm an ISTJ. I get it every single time that I take a test, no matter where or when I take it. I think it's accurate for the most part, although I feel like I might not be quite that meticulous in my organization.

Interesting to see how many fall on the I side of things. I got ENFP and I virtually always get that (sometimes ENFJ, but mostly ENFP). It is rather accurate, I would say. I don't know if the introversion most people here seem to have has to do with/is strengthened by being ace (fearing that opening yourself up to social interactions makes it harder to avoid sexual situations) or if it's more of an internet thing.

I have gotten less "extreme" introverted as I've gotten older, I really enjoy my own company and now I often look forward to being all alone for a weekend etc. But I get restless if I go days without social contact beyond work/collegues, so I often initiate meeting friends if there isn't already a plan. Many of my friends are students so they don't mind/sometimes prefer going out for a beer on a regular weekday, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived