Myers-Briggs: 16 Personalities

n7vulcan

Myers-Briggs (MBTI) Personality Types  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Myers-Briggs (MBTI) Personality Type?

• INFP
    • INFJ
    • INTJ
    • INTP
    • ISFJ
    • ISFP
    • ISTP
    • ISTJ
    • ENFJ
    • ENFP
    • ENTJ
    • ENTP
    • ESFJ
    • ESFP
    • ESTJ
    • ESTP
  2. 2. Do you feel your given personality type is accurate?

• Yes
    • No
    • Mostly
    • A little

This poll is closed to new votes

INTP here, but my results tend to fluctuates between this and INTJ.

Albeit INTP description tends to suit me slightly more.

• 2 weeks later...
verily-forsooth-egads

Almost perfectly tied between INTP and INTJ. I'm actually a little fuzzy on the difference between Judging and Perceiving to begin with, I wonder if that says something.

Apparently I'm an ENTJ, although...

• You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

So, I could also be an INTJ. Or an INFJ. Or even an ENFJ. Though none of the four descriptions really fit. What does fit are what the percentages are saying: I'm mostly in the middle of all scales. There should be a type for that ;).

ISFP here. :)

I think it's pretty accurate for me. Not everything, sure, but I agree with a lot of it.

ISTJ, here!

Love these tests.

INFP! I've actually met a lot of ace INFPs, I wonder what that's about. :P

I'm not sure if this is just a complete coincidence, but INFJ seems to often be one of the most common personality types to come up in personality-type threads on AVEN. The reason this stands out to me is because INFJ is meant to be the worlds rarest personality type (experienced by less that 1% of the population to about 3% of the population depending on what you read) ..I wonder if for some reason is it just a lot more common for asexuals to be INFJ than other people? Or like I said, maybe it's just a complete coincidence that it's often one of the more common personality-types reported on AVEN.. hmmm.

http://introvertspring.com/the-worlds-rarest-personality-infj-type-decoded/

http://www.careerplanner.com/MB2/TypeInPopulation.cfm

http://www.annholm.net/2009/08/the-mysterious-infj/

http://www.infj.com/INFJ_Statistics.htm Then you get this person who seems to think the whole rarity of INFJ's is a total load of bullshit haha so again, always depends on what one reads :P This person does however seem to have the same complex about INFJ's that some sexual people *coughTumblrcough* have about asexuals: ''Asexuals are just people trying to be special, the are attached to the illusion of trying to be unique.. lots of people aren't that interested in sex, you're not special!'' *sigh* lol

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddessig/2014/09/29/the-mysterious-popularity-of-the-meaningless-myers-briggs-mbti/ there are a LOT of articles like this one online, saying how meaningless the MBTI tests are. However I notice that many people, when they do a little research into their results, feel that the personality outline of the type indicated in their results sounds a lot like them, and fits them really well... so meh. I think it's just one of those things where if it works for you, awesome.. and if it doesn't work for you, just move on :P

I got ENFJ, INFJ, ESFJ, or INFJ (they aren't sure). I don't really know what to think of that :P I chose "ESFJ" because it identified my flaw of people-pleasing, which I think is important for me to note since I consider it one of my most significant flaws, but all of them sounded like me.

• 1 month later...

I'm INTP as well in most tests, though in one I also was INTJ, so I guess I'm somewhere in between.

Grumpy Alien

INFP. Very accurate. I'm consistent in getting that result.

I've never taken this test. I have a personality disorder and often found it to be a little pointless, if not humorous ^_^, but I will be required to do take it for work. I'm not looking forward to it. The idea is to see who best we will work with, and I find that a little stupid. We are all hired to work with whoever else is working there. We don't need to know who we may not work so well with, I will probably know that within just a few weeks of being there, and the fact I am working in a Personality Disorder based team, just makes me chuckle.

Happy Kitty

INFJ, but sometimes I test as INTJ. Both are accurate for me; it just depends on my mood usually.

I always flip between ISFJ and ISTJ. Today I'm an F, although honestly I think it depends on how much sleep I've had. Both seem to describe me pretty well though!

zeusfireair

So I'm an ENFP. I used to be an INFP, but ive apparently changed into an extravert at some point along the way. *shrugs*

scarletlatitude

Another INTJ here :)

I actually took the test on 16personalities.com and sent it out on facebook. My mom said "holy crap I've never seen a more accurate description of you!"

Here's my life right now:

"INTJs are defined by their tendency to move through life as though it were a giant chess board, pieces constantly shifting with consideration and intelligence, always assessing new tactics, strategies and contingency plans, constantly outmaneuvering their peers in order to maintain control of a situation while maximizing their freedom to move about. "

divided_sky

INTP, much love to my brothers and sisters. Soon we shall rule the world. Soon...

People with N seems to be the only people I can really get along well with and relate to. (Or people that I think are N, anyway).

ISFJ here! At least I'm not the only one, but there's still not many of us

ranting ferret

ENFJ.

but any time i've ever taken this test whether well done, official or badly thrown together in 4 question type of deal, for years, i've always scored very closely (as in maybe a point or too off) in E vs I. the winning result is usually due to my current circumstances: being around lots of people or not.

J vs P is usually pretty close too. this time was only about 3 points off of each other.

divided_sky

Man, I have to meet some of you. I don't think I've ever met an INTP girl. It would be :wub: . Aw I can just imagine... I've noticed a habit of clicking with girls who say they are INFJ, it's quite strange how that has been a noticeable pattern. Even when they don't know anything about this, I have them take the test, and INFJ. INTP girls, where ya at!?

• 3 weeks later...

I identify with INFP so hard.

And it was my first result on the test when I first took it. (Don't want to take it again, afraid to get a different result. xD)

I don't see the test, especially the online ones, as the final authority. They can be helpful and maybe give you an idea, I think you need to learn more about how the theory works and maybe talk to people of different types to really get an idea.

(Part of what helped me confirm my INFP status was hearing other people talk about their experiences.)

I've read in a couple sources that MBTI is outdated and inaccurate. I don't think the last part is entirely true, because it describes me so well, both positive and negative traits, and helped me to understand myself and my tendencies much better. (And there are other factors into inaccuracies, such as mistyping.) But I don't pretend it's perfect and infallible, either.

PastelBread

INTJ, haha! I feel like this is very accurate in multiple ways. :)

Archived