Myers-Briggs: 16 Personalities

n7vulcan

Myers-Briggs (MBTI) Personality Types  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Myers-Briggs (MBTI) Personality Type?

• INFP
    • INFJ
    • INTJ
    • INTP
    • ISFJ
    • ISFP
    • ISTP
    • ISTJ
    • ENFJ
    • ENFP
    • ENTJ
    • ENTP
    • ESFJ
    • ESFP
    • ESTJ
    • ESTP
  2. 2. Do you feel your given personality type is accurate?

• Yes
    • No
    • Mostly
    • A little

This poll is closed to new votes

FallOutAtTheMotionCityDisc

I took a quiz, and it could only tell that I'm a J... It doesn't know what to do for the other three! :P

I think I'm probably E(N and S both work for me)FJ. However, based on just the career choices between the two, ENFJ describes almost every career I've ever wanted, while ESFJ had basically none of them. So, because of that and a couple of other things I'm going with ENFJ! "The teacher". :)

I've been INTJ on every single test I've taken... It looks like that is the most common here, but its one of the least common among the general population. I wonder if there is some sort of connection.

253939.png

SCUEI reporting in. I wasn't supposed to, but even in here, I've made some posts where I've pretended to have an opinion for the sake of inciting discussion or provoking reactions. I have some history of doing actual internet trolling, but I think I'm slowly growing out of it (certainly not doing that here). It was fascinating to read that this is common for my type, even if I don't 100% identify with it, because the notion of there only being 16 personalities is pretty silly to me.

Every time I see a discussion about MBTI, the overwhelming majority of the participants seem to be INTJ. I get that most people who regularly post on internet forums are more or less introverted, but why is it always INTJ in particular? It's really peculiar, and "INTJ master race" has even become a bit of a joke in some boards that I frequent.

i am 50/50 intj/infj so i haven't answered the poll... i come up one of the two on every test i take and on one where it showed ratios i was something like 49:51 t:f so i don't know how to call it!! both types seem to fit pretty well though, and i'd struggle to say if i was more a thinker or a feeler if asked blind.

I got INTJ, and apparently that's the most common answer here.

Which is funny, because the website says it's the 3rd rarest personality type, and the rarest in women: 1% of women and 3% of men

i am 50/50 intj/infj so i haven't answered the poll... i come up one of the two on every test i take and on one where it showed ratios i was something like 49:51 t:f so i don't know how to call it!! both types seem to fit pretty well though, and i'd struggle to say if i was more a thinker or a feeler if asked blind.

The way to resolve this is:

How do you react when you have NO TIME to make a decision? When you MUST make a snap decision, under stress. If you use what you personally believe to be right and don't need a chain of logic, you're an INFJ. If you absolutely require a chain of logic even in a crisis, regardless of your personal values on the subject, you're an INTJ.

Strangely, personal values are not themselves logical. They are the axioms upon which we BASE our logic. Someone whose personal belief says "The ends justify the means" will implicitly be making that assumption at every step in any logical deductions s/he makes.

I've always seen peoples' MBTI differences become far more apparent when they're under stress.

INTP

Not fully, but a lot seems close.

ISTJ. I feel it's very accurate. I wanna meet more like me. I love personality tests!

ENTJ. The only one in the survey!

255091.png

You loner.

Just kidding :P

You are unique :)

INFP. Have been on every test I have taken for the past 15+ years. And I agree it's pretty accurate.

This is really interesting to me because INTJ is one of the rarest personality types (just 0.8% - 2% of the population), yet here it's the most common!

** Go to 16personalities.com do the test, read the description of your personality type and do the poll. **

I found this yesterday and thought it was pretty accurate ( I got ISTJ) so I got my family and friends to do it and let me know what they thought of their answers. They all thought that their results were quite accurate. I thought I'd share and was curious what you guys would get.

Feel free to comment bellow on any thoughts. Have Fun.

I've taken it multiple times. The results change depending on my mood. I've gotten INTJ with a 95% in introversion and a INFJ before. It's usually INTJ though.

too lazy to go through the whole thing, then when asked again, too lazy to find a website that isnt pay to use.

i think they're a load of shit anyway, like horoscopes.

I'm ENTJ. Have been my entire life and have grown into someone that perfect resounds as ENTJ.

I believe that while these personality tests are not perfect (You can't possibly know someone based on 50-150 questions), they are rather effective in categorizing the behaviors of people with some accuracy.

I also enjoy the Brigg's scale because its a spectrum, not an absolute. I know many people who ride perfectly in the middle between two options!

(P.S: I think there was another post like this that is already active?)

EDIT; Found it here: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/110394-myers-briggs-16-personalities/?hl=personality

I am usually ISTP but the problem is each of the 4 traits is no more than 60/40 for either side. The second letter is always literally 49/51 so sometimes I will also see INTP come up.

But for me with every one being so close, how can I fit into any four lettered group/statistic?? I guess most people usually get like 85/15 or something to that spread so that it is super obvious they are extroverted for example. (I swear, I am the weirdest rarest mixture of randomness that probably is able to exist)

isfp, which confirmed what i'd gotten from other tests. :) the description was pretty accurate; some parts of it were scarily accurate, while some stuff didn't describe me (it made me sound like a bigger risk-taker than i am, for one thing).

ISTJ which I already knew. Most of it was accurate, except for the bit about respecting authority and tradition. I hate tradition and believe rules were made to be broken.

wavesontheshore

I am an INFP, and I think that the results are very accurate for me. When I was in high school, I had taken the test and gotten the same results.

EquationWorthSolving

I (93%)

N (41%)

T (52%)

J (22%)

All tests have put me down as an INTJ. Fits like a glove from what I've read.

Hunter of Artemis

INFP here... had to do this test as part of my professional education class. But we used the Keirsey Temperament sorter...

Archived