iamphoenixfire

How Many Email Addresses Do You Have  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Well? How Many?

• 10+
  2. 2. What do you use them for?

• Work
    • School
    • Junk Accounts (For stupid things that you don't want to give personal information to)
    • To keep in touch with people (a personal account)
    • To use for various website accounts
    • Other (Please say in the comments).

This poll is closed to new votes

iamphoenixfire

I, for one, have multiple email addresses. I have one for school, one for business, and one for junk. I'm wondering if I am weird because of that (There are lots of reasons why I'm weird but you know). So how many email addresses do you have? And what do you use them for?

Over ten.

Because websites and video games.

Same.

I'd rather be in band.

I have one for scholarly purposes, two for junkmail purposes, and one that I use specifically to talk to ONE person.

littlepersonparadox

4 techniclly 5 if you count the one i used to make a gameing account under my boyfriends name. Hehe. so the 4 that are ligidmitely mine are: School (classwork), another school account (co-op and other non class related but still school related stuff) Personal and a hotmail one that i remember i have but forgot the password to and give that out as junk mail address for corporations who i don't want sending me stuff.

2. Well technically 3, as I did manage to log into my other email account, but the inbox was empty so... Yeah.

I have 4, though I mainly just use one (for family and work). The others...one I got for a class that I don't use anymore, one I do use for Flickr, and another I use as a junk email.

verily-forsooth-egads

Six I can think of. Main, secondary, junk, iCloud, Yahoo, and one for school. I could have more, I dunno.

4; two for school (one was high school, one's through my university), one's a professional account (i use it for official stuff, so i listed it as "work," even though i don't use it at a job or anything), and the last one is the one i've had since i was 11. i use it for everything else (keeping in touch with friends, mailing list stuff, etc.).

I only have two, one for university (they created it) and my hotmail account. Even then I have merged my uni and main together.

Im awful at remembering passwords and im paranoid about writing them down.

One main emal, another two for backup, one for work and one for junk.

House of Chimeras

One school one (mandatory), one junk-ish email (old once personal account but still used for junk purposes), and one personal/main email.

one for school that hasn't been deleted yet (I still need to go through it to see if there's anything I want to save)

personal account from my teenage years, still my main account

personal account with more professional username, which forwards to my main account

work account

junk account that I rarely use and don't even remember the password to right now

Seven or so I think, a few gmail accounts, hushmail (suspended), hotmail, yahoo (at one point), tormail, and VFEmail.

For junk accounts, youtube channel, keeping in touch and since I'm rather controversial when it comes to certain things keeping more than one email is smart.

3 accounts, and main one, and g-mail for the mobile and a backup on my main PC. I generally only use the main one.

Måskemigselvetsted

4. One work-email, my normal one, my spam one (the problems when you list the spam one and later realised, you should have listed your personal one) and then my hotmail, which I doesn't use anymore at all, but it was the one I used to make my Facebook-account. And do you need it for OneDrive or something? Because then I use it there, too. I don't know.

I have 2 active e-mail accounts and several others that are discarded or can't receive any incoming mail yet.

Who's not going to have any email addresses? You need one to sign up to AVEN! :P

Pathological liars.

I have one that's attached to my website. I have a Gmail and a Yahoo account. I think I have an AOL. I have a few accounts that I don't use anymore and wouldn't know the information to log in. I try to avoid giving out certain email addresses to avoid junk. Junk mail seems to be mostly what I get. It's a real pain but lately I've been able to keep the junk deleted before it gets too insane. There have been a few times when my Yahoo account had hundreds of emails I had to delete and it took so long to get rid of them all because you can't delete them all at the same time like you can on Gmail. This concludes this very long response. No wonder people don't speak to me since I talk too damn much or type too much.

I have one that's attached to my website. I have a Gmail and a Yahoo account. I think I have an AOL. I have a few accounts that I don't use anymore and wouldn't know the information to log in. I try to avoid giving out certain email addresses to avoid junk. Junk mail seems to be mostly what I get. It's a real pain but lately I've been able to keep the junk deleted before it gets too insane. There have been a few times when my Yahoo account had hundreds of emails I had to delete and it took so long to get rid of them all because you can't delete them all at the same time like you can on Gmail. This concludes this very long response. No wonder people don't speak to me since I talk too damn much or type too much.

Heh, I have about 4700 unread emails on my main account. I wonder how long would it take if I went through it to sort it out.

I must have about 20-25k unread mails on all my accounts.

I have three email addresses.

One is my old hotmail account that I use for junk mail, things where I don't want to give out personal information, and signing up for websites. I skim through it about once every two weeks or so to make sure nothing important got sent there, but that's it. The second is my school email address that was given to me when I registered at my college. I don't actually use it or even know what the address is though because it all gets forwarded to my main address, and I answer everything from there.

The third is my main email that I use for everything that isn't junk. It's my personal email, as well as the email I use professionally and for things like school. It's also what I use to access my google account since it's gmail. I've considered getting another email address so I can separate my professional/school stuff from my personal stuff, but it's too much effort to switch everything over so I haven't bothered. I don't really get a massive amount of emails anyway.

WhenSummersGone

I have 3 and I use them for school and random websites.

drjohnhwatson

Oh wow, I was expecting more people to be like me. When I saw the title I thought maybe emails in my inbox, which isn't so bad as I cracked down when before I had thousands. Then I was like "oh wait accounts?? F*ckin' I don't know".

I've created so many I've honest-to-god lost track. Well over ten, I would think, given that I have...five? No wait seven accounts on Twitter and they all need separate emails. (They're fun accounts. RPish accounts, not "I'm gonna stalk you on seven levels" accounts. Thought I ought to, er, clear that one up......) So right there is seven. Plus I have/had more than one for Tumblr, and I had a (college) school email account that they gave to me that I had to use when I was there, and I have a different account I made just to contact a professor friend of mine so he can't get curious and snoop on the email account I've used since I was a teenager.

Because I googled it once and boy howdy has it left a trail and I have a feeling he's the curious sort who'd look that stuff up.

The worst part of this is I have an abysmal memory, so if I remember the account I've forgotten the password, or vice-versa, or I've simply forgotten either exist, haha.

Archived