jk4eyes

do you smoke weed?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no
    • well...sorta

This poll is closed to new votes

On a side note, if you're interested in the legality of drugs look into the Salvia Divinorum (I think that's right) case in Australia. Put simply, no tests were officially done, and as well as being the only country in the world where it is illegal, it has been put on par with heroine... just something interesting for you :)

Whoa... really??? I didn't know that!

I still have a bag of Salvia that I bought at one of those 'legal highs' stalls at a music festival... here in Australia, in 2000. You mean it's class A now?

*running home to find better hiding place*

I've only tried it about three times. The effect of one pipe lasted all of 20 minutes, and I did not feel affected by it afterwards, or any kind of addiction to it. In fact, it was far more user-friendly than weed for me, because it wore off nice and quickly.

Other than the fact its illegal as hell, and penalised VERY heavily out here, i tend to have an adverse reaction to almost anything i take (even the weak painkillers i was supposed to have taken during the year i was injured in the army, bloody loose joints... those things made me feel like some wrapped my brain in wool), thats not an antibiotic or paracitamol.

So no.

I don't drink or smoke either, for similar reasons...the smell of alcohol makes me feel sick, and cigarrate smoke makes me wanna die ;p

hmmm...dunno how i missed this one.

well, i have a live and let live mentality. i lot of my friends smoke weed and do other drugs as well. some of the ones who smoke weed get stupid when they do. some have ADD and can focus better when they're high, and are actually easier to be around. i've never done it, cos i don't think it's for me.

i don't drink either. again, i know some people who can drink and just chill out, and i know others who get drunk and act really friggin stupid. if you want to know why i don't drink, ask me about the three-inch scar on my right forearm.

Never really been a big smoker. If I'm with friends and it's being passed around I'll have some but I wouldn't bother buying it. I quite enjoy it while I'm smoking it but have never liked the taste it leaves in my mouth. My drug of choice has always been alcohol.

• 2 months later...

Decided I'd post in this thread since I wasn't smart enough to use the search function. Anyways, I'm just now at the point where I'm buying it, though I don't know how to prepare it. To me, smoking weed is a very spiritual/personal/social experience, so it has much more meaning and significance to me than just acting goofy around friends.

Cross-posting from the "Mary Jane" thread:

I smoked weed a few times (as in, more than once, but less than 10 times) when I was a student. The last time I had any would have been the early spring of 1985 (the year I finished university). I don't miss it.

Because the master wouldn't approve, right?

:lol:

The ironic part is, John Reynolds, who played Torgo in the movie Manos: The Hands of Fate, was a known drug user who in fact died from a drug overdose somewhere between the completion of filming and the movie's premiere. (He did not, as is sometimes said, commit suicide because of the movie's bad reception -- he didn't live long enough to find out that the movie bombed.)

Ok you got it. It's locked.

But lets be clear here. This thread was about the discussion and the affects of the use of the drug but not the encouragement of the use. There's a big difference.

-ASF

No.

I've never done drugs.

Well, it depends on what you consider a drug.

Anything can be a drug, really, if a person uses it in excess and is addicted to it.

What I lack in the enjoyment of sex department I make up for in the dope arena - I freakin' love weed. I have had some of the most brilliant ideas while stoned, some of the most interesting conversations, and I always feel really confident during the high. I'm not chronic, but I do smoke up a fair amount - about once or twice a week. But if I had to, I could stop for a long while - and I have when I couldn't afford it. Weed is only psychologically addictive, not physically.

I've been told by my therapist that marijuana drops the barriers between the conscious mind and the subcoscious mind, and that's why my ideas are so brilliant when I'm baked - I'm tapping into my subconscious. I can also pencil a drawing like nobody's business.

Pot seems to affect individuals differently. I know a lot of folks who get really dull and just want to sit around and drool when they get high. My sister can't smoke it at all because she gets nauseous and paranoid. I, on the other hand, get highly creative, energetic, talkative, and philosophical. Never had a bad experience with it in my life. I avoid chemical drugs, though - yuck!

Want to quit smoking cigarettes - now THAT is bad... X___x

-S

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
mouth brooder

Oh, yeah, I know....if a person could, well, maybe that wouldn't be too cool, but yesterday, well that's not really an example, unless, hey there's a weird bird singing outside, oh its just her cell phone...oops, sorry, didn't mean to bogart that joint....wow, those socks are a pretty color....

If weed affected me that way I wouldn't have so much trouble staying away from it. I'm naturally a bit manic, so if I get high, I not only finish everyone else's sentences, I can finish my own even if they are twenty paragraphs long. Too much fun.

I have a very strong suspicion that weed is primarily responsible for my now severe and chronic case of hypoglycemia, but what I really don't like about it is how much I miss it even after years of being straightedge.

Most importantly, I say Your Mileage May Vary.

I was a child of the '60's too, and I tried everything. Lots of everything, for years. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. Drug use was an escape from a lot of things for me, and sex was definitely right up there on the 'escape from' list. I wasn't interested in sex then or now, found that other things are a lot more pleasureable. Weed made me paranoid though, it was never my drug of choice. Other psychedelics....well, been there, done that, no reason to do it any more.

I still feel there is a huge rift between those who have had psychedelic experiences and those who have not. After psychedelics, your worldview changes, forever.

Regarding any form of consciousness alteration, I have other priorities now, like staying healthy, coherent and employed. I occasionally have a drink, that's about it. Boring.....

mouth brooder
I still feel there is a huge rift between those who have had psychedelic experiences and those who have not. After psychedelics, your worldview changes, forever.

Yeah. I have this feeling, but words fail me in trying to describe it. I don't think there is any danger in saying that, though--people who are going to try psychedelics are going to try them anyway, and people who don't feel inclined because of the risks won't change their minds just because of one forum post.

Personally I never found alcohol to be consciousness expanding, while I did find weed, LSD, etc. to be. I wonder about tobacco because it was traditionally a ceremonial substance. I just found it to be mind deadening like alcohol or benzos.

Now I get mind-expanded high by mountain hiking, cycling, yoga, playing ambient music...oxygen and vibrational healing tones don't have adverse side effects, right?

genuineillusion

Not I.

Weed has never been something I've wanted to try.

And, so far as I've heard, it actually increases your sex drive.

Drug free is the way to be. I have been illegal drug free my entire life, and only on very rare occasions (excruciating pain) will I even take legal drugs, and then it’s usually half the recommended amount. Get high on life, not on drugs. For real yo!

And, so far as I've heard, it actually increases your sex drive.

No, weed is an intensifier. If you are horny, it will make you hornier. If you're enjoying a groovy tune, it will get even better. If you're hungry...watch out! And if you're indifferent to sex, you will still be indifferent to sex, only more so.

• 2 years later...

Nope, I've never done weed or anything else. I don't really drink either - I've tried alcohol, but not enough to get drunk. I was never into experimenting with stuff. Not really the thing for me. That said, I don't actually mind what others get up to - as long as they're not the type to try and drag me into doing it too, and as long as they don't hurt themselves or anyone else. I know some of my friends have smoked pot before, and others like to drink. Meh. To each their own.

It's overrated.

Skunk's really nasty 'cos it empties your head and makes you jittery - or at least that's what it did to me.

Charas wasn't bad. It was quite mellow when I tried it.

-Pot's not something I'd buy these days.

I used to smoke weed but I stopped for 3 years and now smoke very, very occasionally. I've experimented with acid a few times but that's not the type of drug you get addicted to. I don't really drink anymore either since it's really nasty stuff, but I used to drink pretty heavily. I don't know why, since I hate getting drunk.

Voted yes, though with the low frequency, it's probably closer to 'sorta'. I wouldn't say it had any affect on my libido whatsoever. (Alcohol, on the other hand?...)

hahah What a bunch of potheads!

Is it really worth resurrecting a three year old thread just to say that?

Archived